Results day 2011.

AS results I take it? Well you don't have to declare them as far as I can remember so just re-take next year and work your *** off to get the results you need.

A lot of the uni's that do the course don't even look at re-sit marks. Just hope some will, and re-sit all 3 sciences in January.

A lot of the uni's that do the course don't even look at re-sit marks. Just hope some will, and re-sit all 3 sciences in January.

But again - surely you don't have to declare your original results if you re-take and do better?

AFAIK only Oxbridge, Imperial and perhaps a couple others don't accept re-sits. If you can show you're capable of good grades and your teachers predict them, you should be fine (As long as you put the work in of course). I had BCD in my first year and came out with AAB, the C and D turning into A's. I had 12 exams this summer, but was worth it. :)

EDIT: And my original grades weren't taken into account when I applied, just what my teachers predicted me.

Probably not as good but try for Vet Nursing.U still get to work with animals you just dont cut um open.Im either doing that or Teaching.Nursing is a tough course tho.I know a few people who have done it.

Last edited:
AFAIK only Oxbridge, Imperial and perhaps a couple others don't accept re-sits. If you can show you're capable of good grades and your teachers predict them, you should be fine (As long as you put the work in of course). I had BCD in my first year and came out with AAB, the C and D turning into A's. I had 12 exams this summer, but was worth it. :)

EDIT: And my original grades weren't taken into account when I applied, just what my teachers predicted me.

I went from a D in one of my English AS papers to an A* in January and ended up with an A, from a C to an A (with a re-sit) overall for History etc.

Probably not as good by try for Vet Nursing.U still get to work with animals you just dont cut um open.Im either doing that or Teaching.Nursing is a tough course tho.I know a few people who have done it.

No offence, but I would rather go find a job than take a course where I would be constantly reminded of failure. My other courses are Biochemistry, or Neuroscience and Pharmacology.

No offence, but I would rather go find a job than take a course where I would be constantly reminded of failure. My other courses are Biochemistry, or Neuroscience and Pharmacology.

You may feel like that now but as soon as you start you will forget about and you will be working your **** off and having a great time. There is always the possibility you can switch course. And if you are studying Biochemistry that certainly isn't a failure, a great degree.

Waste of a year. World of work, here I come.

You may feel like that now but as soon as you start you will forget about and you will be working your **** off and having a great time. There is always the possibility you can switch course. And if you are studying Biochemistry that certainly isn't a failure, a great degree.

I know, the failure response was to the person who suggested going for Vet Nursing. I have a problem with dealing with failure, and continuing into such a course after failing to get into Vet Surgery/Science would seriously affect me mentally.

I know, the failure response was to the person who suggested going for Vet Nursing. I have a problem with dealing with failure, and continuing into such a course after failing to get into Vet Surgery/Science would seriously affect me mentally.

Fair enough mate. Just keep at it and you will be fine.

Right, I don't suppose if anyone knows if you can reject your insurance offer after being unsuccesfull with my firm offer? I don't wanna go there and I've already been told I can have an offer through clearing which I want to go to..

Right, I don't suppose if anyone knows if you can reject your insurance offer after being unsuccesfull with my firm offer? I don't wanna go there and I've already been told I can have an offer through clearing which I want to go to..

When I went through UCAS, I think you had to go to your insurance if they accepted you.

Unsure though, I would ask someone/phone UCAS up.

I'm pretty sure you can. Just like you can cancel your firm choice at the last minute if you've changed your mind.

You can ring and ask them to release you from the course, and then you're free to choose a clearing course. I'm pretty sure anyway.

When I went through UCAS, I think you had to go to your insurance if they accepted you.

Unsure though, I would ask someone/phone UCAS up.

I'm pretty sure you can. Just like you can cancel your firm choice at the last minute if you've changed your mind.

You can ring and ask them to release you from the course, and then you're free to choose a clearing course. I'm pretty sure anyway.

I'm going to hope that Joel and Joss are right and you're wrong Dunc, as I really don't wanna go to Hertfordshire to do a foundation degree. I'll ring in the morning if I can't sort it tonight

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Joel, who do you mean ring by the way? UCAS or the uni?

I've already been offered a place for a clearing course (A)

Right, if I can't sort anything tonight, I'll ring UCAS & then the uni tomorrow

Got an offer for Glamorgan and UWIC through clearing, think I'm going for Glamorgan. I'll accept at 6, if I can get on.