Richy25 Deep 4-2-4 & Untested Deep 4-2-3-1

thanks for your post mate and your welcome. could you post some screenshots of your season, plus what team are you? I'll keep those shouts in mind. If all good i'll update the opening post

Here are some SS's of my team, players and fixtures of my previous season.
Team: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Fixtures part 1 (not using your tactics): ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Fixtures part 2 (first game with your tactics was against Napoli where I won 4-1): http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...AML 51(1) - 24 and Ibrahimovič SCR 42(1) - 22

Haha, the 442 guru strikes again...I love this bloke!! I'll try this based on you're recommendations James...I'm back off holiday tomorrow...man I've missed my laptop!!!

Haha I'm always on the lookout for a good 442, you'll like this one, bangs goals in for fun tbh. Try having only one selfish winger and then more of a team player on the other side (i.e LM- Nani RM- Valencia)

anymore results from the 4-2-4?

How's that new one coming along mate?

Hello again. Little update :)
Last time i post my fixture when i win vs Shakhtar 2:0. Basically i use 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 ap depending of enemy formation not home/away(for example enemy play with dm so i pick 4-2-4 etc.). Quick overview: Lost vs Newcastle was unlucky: View attachment 376618
Goal lost from corner played into near post.
Goal lost vs Aston Villa:Source Cross, Reason: Phil Jones was bit lazy and give up run to ball ;D
Goal lost vs West Ham:Source Corner into near post
Goal lost vs Crewe:Source Quick possitional pass.
Match vs Chelsea 1:1. Lost goal: Ashley Cole cross on to Torres, well Rafael dosn't have high jump value so he lost air battle ;D. I was a bit luckily cause i score from penalty ;P.
Goals vs Stoke: First lost after lost ball in middle and quick counter attack. Second cause deep cross into far post. I was twice losing, but somehow when i just lost faith 82 min, i just put into pitch hernandez and after 2 min he won me a penalty :p(well Van Persie execute this ;D).

View attachment 376601
Champions League draw was a bit unlucky cause i'm playing vs Barcelona in first round. I had pants full of **** before match ;D
Away match, quick look at their tactic. Deep 4-5-1 (idk if its right just in case i write: one DMC-2 MC-2 Forward wingers). I decided to go 4-2-4 tweaked DMC. Well score one goal in 36 min and second one 71 min, decided to switch to 4-5-1 AP, and again lost goal from corner(at last not directly as before, still was played into near post, De Gea fisted ball(oh god don't know how to spell it right, hope its not something nasty what i wrote ;D), and then Alex Song struck ball. Sadly for them Neymar score own goal from corner(89 min). Finally some justice (^_^)
View attachment 376598
Quick note: I lost in game vs Barcelona another 2 side defenders. So officialy all my side defenders are injured +2 week(Alba,Rafael, Fabio,Trasch) ;D gonna be fun.

Last edited:
Haha I'm always on the lookout for a good 442, you'll like this one, bangs goals in for fun tbh. Try having only one selfish winger and then more of a team player on the other side (i.e LM- Nani RM- Valencia)

How's that new one coming along mate?

gonna be a few more days buddy I don't want to rush it, want to make sure everything is right before I post it

Last time i post my fixture when i win vs Shakhtar 2:0. Basically i use 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 ap depending of enemy formation not home/away(for example enemy play with dm so i pick 4-2-4 etc.). Quick overview: Lost vs Newcastle was unlucky: View attachment 376618
Goal lost vs Aston Villa:Source Cross, Reason: Phil Jones was bit lazy and give up run to ball ;D
Match vs Chelsea 1:1. Lost goal: Ashley Cole cross on to Torres, well Rafael dosn't have high jump value so he lost air battle ;D. I was a bit luckily cause i score from penalty ;P.
Goals vs Stoke: First lost after lost ball in middle and quick counter attack. Second cause deep cross into far post. I was twice losing, but somehow when i just lost faith 82 min, i just put into pitch hernandez and after 2 min he won me a penalty :p(well Van Persie execute this ;D).

View attachment 376601
Champions League draw was a bit unlucky cause i'm playing vs Barcelona in first round. I had pants full of **** before match ;D
Away match, quick look at their tactic. Deep 4-5-1 (idk if its right just in case i write: one DMC-2 MC-2 Forward wingers). I decided to go 4-2-4 tweaked DMC. Well score one goal in 36 min and second one 71 min, decided to switch to 4-5-1 AP, and again lost goal from corner(at last not directly as before, still was played into near post, De Gea fisted ball(oh god don't know how to spell it right, hope its not something nasty what i wrote ;D), and then Alex Song struck ball. Sadly for them Neymar score own goal from corner. Finally some justice (^_^)
View attachment 376598

good results there buddy, seem to be leaking goals from corners then. I'll have a good look at it tomorrow, I would do it tonight but I got my daughter with, missus at work :'(

I don't wanna spam thread, so its my last update :).
These 3 pictures should explain all.
I didn't ever had such good defensive playing as Man Utd. About 5-6 these goals was from corners, but in end season switch match prep prevented this i guess.Phil Jones is still in my squad but there was not enough space in screen for him ;P. FA Cup to be honest i won only thanks to penalty ;P
Going sell Nani cause he doesn't fit tactic with his constantly distant shots. I made big transfers as you can see, cause i play on Marshal update and have 50mil pounds at begining and board give me another 50mil in winter transfer window. Only thing i would like to be improved my snipers(or what you call Forward). Idk why see them moving into channel so rare even whit move into channel instruction(mainly during counter attacks they position themself badly so wingers can't provide orthogonal ball for them and just ride with ball to the box). But maybe its how it supposed to be :) Anyway great tactics both 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 ;P but to be honest i feel safer going 4-2-3-1 AP rather 4-2-4

I don't wanna spam thread, so its my last update :).
These 3 pictures should explain all.
I didn't ever had such good defensive playing as Man Utd. About 5-6 these goals was from corners, but in end season switch match prep prevented this i guess.Phil Jones is still in my squad but there was not enough space in screen for him ;P. FA Cup to be honest i won only thanks to penalty ;P
Going sell Nani cause he doesn't fit tactic with his constantly distant shots. I made big transfers as you can see, cause i play on Marshal update and have 50mil pounds at begining and board give me another 50mil in winter transfer window. Only thing i would like to be improved my snipers(or what you call Forward). Idk why see them moving into channel so rare even whit move into channel instruction(mainly during counter attacks they position themself badly so wingers can't provide orthogonal ball for them and just ride with ball to the box). But maybe its how it supposed to be :) Anyway great tactics both 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 ;P but to be honest i feel safer going 4-2-3-1 AP rather 4-2-4

thanks for the post mate you had a good season all in all. Hopefully you can test my new tactic when I release it

Also jimmy would you test my tactic before it release it

Haha, well aren't we special? Only kidding richy...he does a grand job testing tactics...patience of a saint, and also gives constructive feedback! I'll look forward to the tactics release...fingers crossed?

Haha, well aren't we special? Only kidding richy...he does a grand job testing tactics...patience of a saint, and also gives constructive feedback! I'll look forward to the tactics release...fingers crossed?

lol cheers buddy, jimmy a good bloke when it comes to feedback so I know if I have to do any changes or not

Also jimmy would you test my tactic before it release it

Yeah why not, wouldn't take long. Send it via pm :)

Hahaha quiet you! Cheers though, ill be sure to let you know if the testing goes well :) Fingers crossed here too :p

View attachment 376601
Away match, quick look at their tactic. Deep 4-5-1 (idk if its right just in case i write: one DMC-2 MC-2 Forward wingers). I decided to go 4-2-4 tweaked DMC. Well score one goal in 36 min and second one 71 min, decided to switch to 4-5-1 AP, and again lost goal from corner(at last not directly as before, still was played into near post, De Gea fisted ball(oh god don't know how to spell it right, hope its not something nasty what i wrote ;D), and then Alex Song struck ball. Sadly for them Neymar score own goal from corner(89 min). Finally some justice (^_^)
View attachment 376598
Quick note: I lost in game vs Barcelona another 2 side defenders. So officialy all my side defenders are injured +2 week(Alba,Rafael, Fabio,Trasch) ;D gonna be fun.
What was regular line up?

What was regular line up?

It's hard to say. I was rotate my squad a bit all time. You can look at screenshot from end season see what players play the most(Phil Jones isnt at screenshot but he played 24 games). I sold Anderson/Buttner. Nani didnt play cause he don't fit tactic(he constantly keep long shots, even when i put him to never do it, he still do what he please ;P)
But basically till winter transfer window it i was using2 tactic(those listed on left side was 1 team prioritized):
De Gea
Rafael/Cristian Trasch/Smailing---Vidic/Ferdinand---Jon Evans/Phil Jones--- Evra/David Alaba/Fabio.

Carrick/Cristian Trasch ---Fletcher/Phil Jones ( these DMC had to rotate hard cause they were very tired ;P)

Eric Lamela/Kagawa---Rooney(if available then 4-3-2-1 tactic always)---Antonio Valencia/Young/Zaha(on both sides but not too much)

Van Persie/Hernandez

After winter transfer window(when board give me another 50 mil pounds) i get rid of tom cleverley(he didnt play much), evra,Zaha. I played more 4-3-2-1 AP after new transfers.

De Gea
Rafael/Cristian Trasch---Vidic/Ferdinand---Jon Evans/Varane(after 1,5 month he played first whole match(intentionally)--- David Alaba/Phil Jones/Fabio(he played whole 9 games ;P)

Carrick/M'villa---Fletcher/M'vila(late season m'vila took fletcher place)/Occasionally Cristian Trasch

Lamela/Kagawa/Young(he was injured for 4 months)---Rooney/Eriksen(He was injured for 2 months, if Rooney was injured too i went 4-2-4)---Antonio Valencia/Lamela

Van Persie/Hernandez/Rooney/Rodrigo

But i rotate it so much so i can't give you stright line up. There was one point my all side defenders were injured, even all my forwards was injured and only welbeck left(well i sold him in the end os season for 40 mil pouns to tottenham, idk why they want him, he played only 12 games :D) and i had to improvise ;D.

Wish you luck, these tactic are rly good :p
Hope my post is not very extensive and easy understandable :)