Richy25 Deep 4-2-4 & Untested Deep 4-2-3-1

really good result mate as your celtic, how's your season going?

Almost there. I think after i get to 12 premier league games I'll switch to the tweak and see how that goes. I'll still upload screenshots at 12 though, almost there now :)

Almost there. I think after i get to 12 premier league games I'll switch to the tweak and see how that goes. I'll still upload screenshots at 12 though, almost there now :)

so your doin half and half between tactic's? look forward to seeing your results

Best tactic i tryed so far, first season in championship with Crewe, and alrdy 30 points after 12 games. Just one question what stats u prefer for forwards. Should i looking for poacher or tanky forward ?

How come an attacking ACM in your deep 4-2-3-1? Made myself a similiar tactic, without knowledge of this one ;), and I thought the use of an APS was very good. Doesn't drift around as much as I had intended, but I do play rigid. But was hoping to get your thoughts on why the attack setting and the IF A.

Best tactic i tryed so far, first season in championship with Crewe, and alrdy 30 points after 12 games. Just one question what stats u prefer for forwards. Should i looking for poacher or tanky forward ?

you would want a fast forward with good finishing and maybe creativity and flair. And thanks for your comment

How come an attacking ACM in your deep 4-2-3-1? Made myself a similiar tactic, without knowledge of this one ;), and I thought the use of an APS was very good. Doesn't drift around as much as I had intended, but I do play rigid. But was hoping to get your thoughts on why the attack setting and the IF A.

you mean why the inside forwards are on support?

That one skipped my eye. But yeah, why the APA and IFS.

because I find with inside forwards on attack they tend to be selfish players, so with support they'll still fancy chances for themselves but also layoff a few assists. Now with the AP on attack I find it the same as inside forwards on support if you know what I mean. How you finding the tactic I didn't really test that one?

Might have to swap roles to IFS then. Desire more out of my wingers, which are set to WA. They are pretty tricky (double footed and most stats in 9-13 territory), they aren't too much use as wingers.

I like the use of a APS. Drops deep enough so you'll get more defence splitting passes. I don't think it would work with Rooney though, since he has the more primitive urge to burst forward whenever he can. Definately recommend swapping to that role if someone has a creative player like Kroos, Gundogan, Silva and Hamsik. I'd say just look for one with comes deep & killer balls often.

Might have to swap roles to IFS then. Desire more out of my wingers, which are set to WA. They are pretty tricky (double footed and most stats in 9-13 territory), they aren't too much use as wingers.

I like the use of a APS. Drops deep enough so you'll get more defence splitting passes. I don't think it would work with Rooney though, since he has the more primitive urge to burst forward whenever he can. Definately recommend swapping to that role if someone has a creative player like Kroos, Gundogan, Silva and Hamsik. I'd say just look for one with comes deep & killer balls often.

Are you creating that tactic and using mine as a base?

Okay so here it is... Didn't buy any players just used the default squad for this test, but brought in a top class *** man to take care of team talks and press conferences.

View attachment 376139View attachment 376140View attachment 376141

The tactic certainly bangs in goals and im winning all the games i should expect to win and some more. I'm well on course to scoring over 100 goals in the league. My loses came against Man City, Spurs and Everton all away. At home the tactic is perfect, I do feel like away from home only against top teams the tactic struggles SOMETIMES, but the tactic is still very usable away from home.

My only real issues with the tactic are that the DMs could assist more but obviously you have fixed this and ill now continue the save with that tweak. My second issue is that i feel the strikers could play off each other a bit more, a few more defence splitting through balls from the DLF into tho ALF. Also i still feel like part of my failure away from home was my choice of striker, i always feel like tactic with 2 strikers really need that AF to be a lighting fast and technical striker who hangs off the last defender, having two forwards that "comes deep to get the ball" in a 442 is a bit pointless. If i had someone like damiao, gomez, soldado etc im sure i would have won more of those away games.

In Conclusion, i really like this tactic and any tactic that scores goals is a winner in my book. The wingers get loads of assists and chip in with goals, the strikers score a lot. Defensively the tactic is not great and not bad either, it's just average which for an "ill score more than you" type of tactic is actually quite impressive.

Okay so here it is... Didn't buy any players just used the default squad for this test, but brought in a top class *** man to take care of team talks and press conferences.

View attachment 376139View attachment 376140View attachment 376141

The tactic certainly bangs in goals and im winning all the games i should expect to win and some more. I'm well on course to scoring over 100 goals in the league. My loses came against Man City, Spurs and Everton all away. At home the tactic is perfect, I do feel like away from home only against top teams the tactic struggles SOMETIMES, but the tactic is still very usable away from home.

My only real issues with the tactic are that the DMs could assist more but obviously you have fixed this and ill now continue the save with that tweak. My second issue is that i feel the strikers could play off each other a bit more, a few more defence splitting through balls from the DLF into tho ALF. Also i still feel like part of my failure away from home was my choice of striker, i always feel like tactic with 2 strikers really need that AF to be a lighting fast and technical striker who hangs off the last defender, having two forwards that "comes deep to get the ball" in a 442 is a bit pointless. If i had someone like damiao, gomez, soldado etc im sure i would have won more of those away games.

In Conclusion, i really like this tactic and any tactic that scores goals is a winner in my book. The wingers get loads of assists and chip in with goals, the strikers score a lot. Defensively the tactic is not great and not bad either, it's just average which for an "ill score more than you" type of tactic is actually quite impressive.

thank you for testing, still some good results there jimmy. i'll work on the 2 issues now, the striker partnership and the DMC. Was the first 12 plays using the original deep 4-2-4?

thank you for testing, still some good results there jimmy. i'll work on the 2 issues now, the striker partnership and the DMC. Was the first 12 plays using the original deep 4-2-4?

All 14 and the champions league games were played with the original. I actually really like this tactic hope it didn't sound like I was bashing it. Going to try the tweak for a couple games, then ill try using the tweak and the 4231 for away games

All 14 and the champions league games were played with the original. I actually really like this tactic hope it didn't sound like I was bashing it. Going to try the tweak for a couple games, then ill try using the tweak and the 4231 for away games

I know you weren't bashing it mate it's nice to get some good in-depth from somebody else. But I will work on those 2 issues and see what happens. Don't expect to much from the 4-2-3-1 tactic coz again I really ain't tested it but it's all based around the 4-2-4

Hello. I just start play FM 2013 after 3 month break(ahh thats a lot ;D). And as always i start Man Utd(i like them a lot, idk why i only play as them, playing other teams boring me after first season ;P). So i just head here and try your tactic. Basically i rotate your 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 AP. Well to be honest im just amazed, ofc positive way :). I'm ~mid season but i feel like its end of season right now, just plenty of injured players only could stop me(at last in PL) ;D. One note: I should lose to Cardiff sadly game crash(or just game can't bear i loosing ;D) at 78 min when I tried to enter tactic screen and switch something in tactic.I was playing 4-2-4 tweak DM and was 0-1 for them. They played classic 4-4-2 and they were crushing me in ball possession and shots at target. Now i feel i don't wanna try again 4-2-4 DM tweak vs classic 4-4-2 again ;D. Its look good in statistics but i feel like i'm so depended of Van Persie. Rooney mostly score from penalty and Hernandez just score literally in 3 matches vs bottom table teams when Van Persie was injured. I lost vs Shakhtar after long shot free kick(4-2-4 DM tweak).Vs Huddersfield
played 4-2-3-1 AP. I belive it will be easy task to my reserve squad(well not quite ;D). Goal scored from corner. My DM are constantly tired and i need rotate them all time, im just a little mad cause i didn't bought any DM(well i bought Christian Trasch which seem perform better on right defense rather than DM, and had hope Phil Jones will perform well as DM but not quite. Carrick and Fletcher perform very well, like instruction was perfect designed for them, never before my mid lane play so well ;P) , well this teach me something ;D. Will see how this develop for rest season, but thanks for tactic, hope my English isn't terrible :)

View attachment 376164View attachment 376165View attachment 376166

Last edited:
Hello. I just start play FM 2013 after 3 month break(ahh thats a lot ;D). And as always i start Man Utd(i like them a lot, idk why i only play as them, playing other teams boring me after first season ;P). So i just head here and try your tactic. Basically i rotate your 4-2-4 DM tweak and 4-2-3-1 AP. Well to be honest im just amazed, ofc positive way :). I'm ~mid season but i feel like its end of season right now, just plenty of injured players only could stop me(at last in PL) ;D. One note: I should lose to Cardiff sadly game crash(or just game can't bear i loosing ;D) at 78 min when I tried to enter tactic screen and switch something in tactic.I was playing 4-2-4 tweak DM and was 0-1 for them. They played classic 4-4-2 and they were crushing me in ball possession and shots at target. Now i feel i don't wanna try again 4-2-4 DM tweak vs classic 4-4-2 again ;D. Its look good in statistics but i feel like i'm so depended of Van Persie. Rooney mostly score from penalty and Hernandez just score literally in 3 matches vs bottom table teams when Van Persie was injured. I lost vs Shakhtar after long shot free kick(4-2-4 DM tweak).Vs Huddersfield
played 4-2-3-1 AP. I belive it will be easy task to my reserve squad(well not quite ;D). Goal scored from corner. My DM are constantly tired and i need rotate them all time, im just a little mad cause i didn't bought any DM(well i bought Christian Trasch which seem perform better on right defense rather than DM, and had hope Phil Jones will perform well as DM but not quite. Carrick and Fletcher perform very well, like instruction was perfect designed for them, never before my mid lane play so well ;P) , well this teach me something ;D. Will see how this develop for rest season, but thanks for tactic, hope my English isn't terrible :)

View attachment 376164View attachment 376165View attachment 376166

Amazing results there mate, only conceding 1 goal in the league. Are you playing 4-2-4 at home and 4-2-3-1 away?. Thanks for the great post. I am in the middle of tweaking the 4-2-4 I doubt it will be ready for tonight though