Richy25 Deep 4-2-4 & Untested Deep 4-2-3-1

Hi guys just gonna try and start new save with these tactics with united. Which is the best way to utalize these tactics home/away? read somewhere about a tweaked version unsure which ones to use?:) Been very impressed with results people had so far!

Hi guys just gonna try and start new save with these tactics with united. Which is the best way to utalize these tactics home/away? read somewhere about a tweaked version unsure which ones to use?:) Been very impressed with results people had so far!

I've just been using the 4-2-4 for home and away matches. The only difference with the tweak version is DMC shoot sometimes and through balls often, trying to get the DM's more involved

Idk if its good tactic but i rotate them depending of enemy formation rather than away/home match. Sadly lost to Newcastle(4-2-4 DM tweak), again after corner played into near post.Rooney fail me again 6.8(mid game he had 5.30... and Van Persie injured and couldn't play, so hernandez as always didn't score :p).Maybe its time to switch match training from def. positioning into Def. Set Pieces ;D also i noticed my wings like to cut inside(which is ok) but when they are near box they don't know what to do with ball and often pass it back ;P

View attachment 376173
Edit:Game after newcastle (4-2-3-1 AP). Ofc Van Persie injured and out for next 5 weeks ;D
View attachment 376177

Last edited:
Idk if its good tactic but i rotate them depending of enemy formation rather than away/home match. Sadly lost to Newcastle(4-2-4 DM tweak), again after corner played into near post.Rooney fail me again 6.8(mid game he had 5.30... and Van Persie injured and couldn't play, so hernandez as always didn't score :p).Maybe its time to switch match training from def. positioning into Def. Set Pieces ;D also i noticed my wings like to cut inside(which is ok) but when they are near box they don't know what to do with ball and often pass it back ;P

View attachment 376173
Edit:Game after newcastle (4-2-3-1 AP). Ofc Van Persie injured and out for next 5 weeks ;D
View attachment 376177

one shot on target from Newcastle and you lose 1-0 :( good result against everton though, hopefully van persie will be back soon

congrats on your tactics 4-2-4 deep, I'm destroying all the matches, won everything (serie A, italian cup, Champions League) but I would just like to add that I have been using 2 shouts which made me unbeaten.

SHOUTS: Exploit the flanks and Look for overlap.

Thanks richy25 for making this tactic :)

congrats on your tactics 4-2-4 deep, I'm destroying all the matches, won everything (serie A, italian cup, Champions League) but I would just like to add that I have been using 2 shouts which made me unbeaten.

SHOUTS: Exploit the flanks and Look for overlap.

Thanks richy25 for making this tactic :)

thanks for your post mate and your welcome. could you post some screenshots of your season, plus what team are you? I'll keep those shouts in mind. If all good i'll update the opening post

Rich mate try experimenting taking the tight marking off the advanced forward. Whilst this might mean it takes less pressure off the opposition defence when they have the ball, it does man that your AF will score more goals as he will try to distance himself form the opposition and find space to slip through their lines. Usually its better having the Deeper forward tight marking only.

Secondly, i'd try atleast having the wingers crossing on "sometimes" , i say this as fm works in a funny way, the default option is always shoot, even though you have long shots on rarely. So whilst your wingers are set to "move into channels", they will do this but if they don't see that through ball option on they will just shoot anyway from a ridiculous angle/distance. Having crosses on mixed will mean the winger will move into the channel and if there isn't anything on through the middle, "sometimes" he will dart back out wide and cross it at the byline instead. Does that make sense?

Rich mate try experimenting taking the tight marking off the advanced forward. Whilst this might mean it takes less pressure off the opposition defence when they have the ball, it does man that your AF will score more goals as he will try to distance himself form the opposition and find space to slip through their lines. Usually its better having the Deeper forward tight marking only.

Secondly, i'd try atleast having the wingers crossing on "sometimes" , i say this as fm works in a funny way, the default option is always shoot, even though you have long shots on rarely. So whilst your wingers are set to "move into channels", they will do this but if they don't see that through ball option on they will just shoot anyway from a ridiculous angle/distance. Having crosses on mixed will mean the winger will move into the channel and if there isn't anything on through the middle, "sometimes" he will dart back out wide and cross it at the byline instead. Does that make sense?

dude you wanna see what i'm bringing out next, it's tika taka. Beautiful to watch. Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

dude you wanna see what i'm bringing out next, it's tika taka. Beautiful to watch. Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah awesome, is it still high scoring aswell? None of these 5 at the back tactics that score like a goal a game- hate them lol

Interested to see what you've made pal, get screenshots up when you are comfortable and happy :)

Ah awesome, is it still high scoring aswell? None of these 5 at the back tactics that score like a goal a game- hate them lol

Interested to see what you've made pal, get screenshots up when you are comfortable and happy :)

just doin a save now and yeah high scoring and also 4 at the back. I'll post screenies in abit

Dude, please no! If you make better tactic(is it even possible?) that these two i use now i gonna be unbeatable forever :<

Last edited:
trying to go through it quick as possible people, holiday it between matches

Haha, good work rick.

I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the 4231 tactics, not that much feedback on them? Was wondering if it's worth me still doing a test on that too?

Haha, good work rick.

I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the 4231 tactics, not that much feedback on them? Was wondering if it's worth me still doing a test on that too?

yeah give it a test mate that would be great. Not many people have commented on the 4-2-3-1

yeah give it a test mate that would be great. Not many people have commented on the 4-2-3-1

Sure, just doing another persons 442 atm, but ill be coming back to this thread right after

Sure, just doing another persons 442 atm, but ill be coming back to this thread right after

Haha, the 442 guru strikes again...I love this bloke!! I'll try this based on you're recommendations James...I'm back off holiday tomorrow...man I've missed my laptop!!!

my Crewe got promoted to premier league, so i tryed 4-2-3-1 and won only 1 game out of 20. After that i load pre-season save and switch back to 4-2-4.
View attachment 376481