Rooney Awaiting News on Punishment

• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters
thast no excuse bowing to the media is it though? thats part of the joke here. but what's done is done anyway.

I know its no excuse but "Rooney in f-bomb rant" sells more than "Essien horror challenge".

Savage reckons Vidic is having a **** season.
Sadly incite into the game doesn't help you when you're a complete muppet.
Plus he's only on those radio shows to be controversial.

No Savage said Vidic is not the same player without Ferdianand and i tend to agree with him. I think they both compliment each other.

Well surely Savage has more insite than us. Like he said he has never swore at a camera or at opposition fans. There is no excuse for Rooney's outburst simple as that. He also said hes son rung him up after his 4-1 defeat to Cardiff and the first thing his boy said to him was "daddy Rooney said a naughty word". Not well done dad you scored a penalty etc. He has let himself down massivly and there is no excuse and i have been one of Rooney's biggest fans in the past.

LOl Savage...

Yer maybe so but you cant excuse what he has done and its shocking. Like is say and have always said couldnt give a **** if he wants to **** grandmothers but when they pass that white line they should be professional and he wasent.

You compared it to the drogba case then realised drogba didnt get banned for swearing at the cameras. more his comments about the ref... So you can then try to defend yourself by saying when they cross that white line... Or i could easily say when i fun cross that passage into a ground, they shouldnt be like thugs and shout un warranted **** at Wayne. His private life is his own. The bottom line is, Waynes emotions got the better of him, and who could blame it, if i got that abuse all game, i would do more then say a naughty word.

Why not?? Like i say he has more insite on the game than any of us. If anything he has more of a say because he gets slated every week non stop for 90minutes and he never swears at cameras or fans etc.

Because he is an egostical player, who is the biggest hypocrit in football, Ever read his weekly column he did in one of the papers..? it was full of ****, Scum of a player, who instead of swearing an tackles, went to hit players to let his rage of. Real good role model that one.

Not all professional players are good with being pundits or analysis.

Have you heard Charlton Palmer speaking before champions league? He was a professional player. Speaks loads of nonsense.

Well maybe you find Savage analysis interesting but i always find him annoying.

Difference is that he always has an opinion and never sits on the fence.

If Rooney appeals it'll probably get reduced anyway. Hopefully he does, because it would hardly be a "frivolous appeal".

If he's banned for 2 games he'll miss Fulham on Saturday and City at Wembley. Not massive losses, but big enough. Although on the up side, it would mean he's 100% and rested for 2nd Leg vs Chelsea..
Don't see the point in appealing.
It's not like the referee made this decision. The FA did. I highly doubt they will have changed their minds by 6pm tomorrow and I doubt even if we did put forward some amazing argument as to why his ban should be reduced that they'd admit they're wrong.

Of course the players are going to say that, when you have a decision that goes against you you blame the people disciplining you and not your own players, everyone does this (especially Arsenal). Do you think the players would actually publicly say "Rooney you idiot!" It would be terrible for morale and of course would create a feud between Rooney and that player. But I bet you that privately SAF had a word with Rooney and more or less told him not to do anything stupid like that again and that he let down the team (whether or not SAF complains about the decision in public). That's certainly what I'd do if I were a manager. The point remains that he did something stupid and unnecessary that got him a two-match ban. Whether or not the punishment was harsh, that's letting down the team. He should have known that this type of behavior can result in a ban, and that was my first thought when I saw it happen. I don't see how you can deny that he let down the team. I'd be absolutely livid if a player for one of my teams did this, whether or not the punishment was harsh. I get mad if one of my players does something stupid that could possibly result in a ban or a card.

He hasn't been 'made a target,' they simple set an example out of them. This is the first time a player in recent memory a player walked right up to the camera mid-game and swore at it during his goal celebration. If it were Terry or Drogba or Tevez the punishment would have been the same, as would the public reaction against it. The claim that it's unfair bias towards ManU/Rooney is what really bothers me.

so rio says one thing, and you decide it means another? riiiiight

Still there was no talk about Essien's tackle isn't it..

That's because it wasn't as bad as the gif and pictures look as I said earlier. This is what a Stoke fan said: "I was there at the game, had a decent view. It wasn't as bad as the picture makes out. To be fair, Cole did worse. Certainly wasn't a career ender though, just a bit wreckless, yellow card at worst." this is the thread in case you think I made that up - http://uk.gamespot.com/atari2600/sports/football/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58691373&pid=584743

No Savage said Vidic is not the same player without Ferdianand and i tend to agree with him. I think they both compliment each other.

He said in his column back in November, Vidic struggles without ferdinand.. Which is total ****.

Of course the players are going to say that, when you have a decision that goes against you you blame the people disciplining you and not your own players, everyone does this (especially Arsenal). Do you think the players would actually publicly say "Rooney you idiot!" It would be terrible for morale and of course would create a feud between Rooney and that player. But I bet you that privately SAF had a word with Rooney and more or less told him not to do anything stupid like that again and that he let down the team (whether or not SAF complains about the decision in public). That's certainly what I'd do if I were a manager. The point remains that he did something stupid and unnecessary that got him a two-match ban. Whether or not the punishment was harsh, that's letting down the team. He should have known that this type of behavior can result in a ban, and that was my first thought when I saw it happen. I don't see how you can deny that he let down the team. I'd be absolutely livid if a player for one of my teams did this, whether or not the punishment was harsh. I get mad if one of my players does something stupid that could possibly result in a ban or a card.

He hasn't been 'made a target,' they simple set an example out of them. This is the first time a player in recent memory a player walked right up to the camera mid-game and swore at it during his goal celebration. If it were Terry or Drogba or Tevez the punishment would have been the same, as would the public reaction against it. The claim that it's unfair bias towards ManU/Rooney is what really bothers me.

Are you just purposely being ignorant? Video's have been linked multiple times of managers and players swearing live on TV. So yes, it has happened before in living memory.

How can you say they haven't made a target from him and then say they've set an example from him in the following sentence. They're equivalents.

That's because it wasn't as bad as the gif and pictures look as I said earlier. This is what a Stoke fan said: "I was there at the game, had a decent view. It wasn't as bad as the picture makes out. To be fair, Cole did worse. Certainly wasn't a career ender though, just a bit wreckless, yellow card at worst." this is the thread in case you think I made that up - http://uk.gamespot.com/atari2600/sports/football/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58691373&pid=584743

reckless studs up two footed tackles get red cards

Record number of cleansheets and Rio played no part in it. Vidic did. Vidic is absolute rock. With Rio our defense is very solid but Vidic remains Vidic. Rio is an upgrade over the player who replaced him during his absence.

Difference is that he always has an opinion and never sits on the fence.

Having opinion doesn't mean he is good. He generally speaks **** and is very bitter.

Rio said to Rooney after his Clapping moment i few years ago for England.. He was a prat and was being stupid. He also told him to grow up. Rio will tell wayne Straight, they are good friends, they can be honest.

Okay this swearing at ref/camera business, the player should be punished for it.

Just because the FA/Fifa/UEFA or whoever have been inconsistent doesn't mean he shouldn't be suspended.

LOl Savage...

You compared it to the drogba case then realised drogba didnt get banned for swearing at the cameras. more his comments about the ref... So you can then try to defend yourself by saying when they cross that white line... Or i could easily say when i fun cross that passage into a ground, they shouldnt be like thugs and shout un warranted **** at Wayne. His private life is his own. The bottom line is, Waynes emotions got the better of him, and who could blame it, if i got that abuse all game, i would do more then say a naughty word.

Because he is an egostical player, who is the biggest hypocrit in football, Ever read his weekly column he did in one of the papers..? it was full of ****, Scum of a player, who instead of swearing an tackles, went to hit players to let his rage of. Real good role model that one.

i dont agree that footballers are role models but they should still be professional on the pitch. If Savage wasen't allowed to play the way he does then he would never of had a career would he. The Drogba case is not much different at all, he swore at the ref and the camera's and Uefa banned him for swearing at the ref but im pretty sure they didnt let the camera incident slip.

Okay this swearing at ref/camera business, the player should be punished for it.

Just because the FA/Fifa/UEFA or whoever have been inconsistent doesn't mean he shouldn't be suspended.

Surely you can see though, It is wrong of the FA to ban some and let others off...

CJACKO in the other thread said it was clear red and there was no need for video replay to justify it.

i dont agree that footballers are role models but they should still be professional on the pitch. If Savage wasen't allowed to play the way he does then he would never of had a career would he. The Drogba case is not much different at all, he swore at the ref and the camera's and Uefa banned him for swearing at the ref but im pretty sure they didnt let the camera incident slip.

Just becuase he made a career, doesnt mean he wasnt a scummy thug does it....

Drogba wasnt banned for the camera though, Wayne didnt swear the the Ref or another player, or even the crowd, he swore into an machine....

I know its no excuse but "Rooney in f-bomb rant" sells more than "Essien horror challenge".

He's on the radio a lot so we're probably referring to different things he's said.
I heard him talking about how he is voting for bale as pfa player of the year and someone mentioned vidic to him and he said " i think he's been struggling". Probably entirely based on his last game.
It's beside the point anyway. Being a player does not automatically make you some guru when it comes to football. Especially not when he's working on a phone in show where giving controversial opinions will result in a surge of people ringing in to wholeheartedly agree/call him a ****** depending on who they support.
Also off topic.

Last edited:
He said in his column back in November, Vidic struggles without ferdinand.. Which is total ****.

I'll take your word for it but this is totally differnet. That was somthing he belived in but surely he knows how to behave on the pitch and how to take stick more than any of us

Don't see the point in appealing.
It's not like the referee made this decision. The FA did. I highly doubt they will have changed their minds by 6pm tomorrow and I doubt even if we did put forward some amazing argument as to why his ban should be reduced that they'd admit they're wrong.

FA are joke. I had posted few weeks back that in 2000 Wenger was banned for 12 games but after appeal it was reduced to 1 game. With FA anything is possible..

Footballs not football when a bloke gets done for saying a "naughty word", theres bigger problems than this, deal with them first.

Hope he gets done mind, Celtic sympathiser :P

Back