Rooney Awaiting News on Punishment

• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters
There's a big difference between swearing with a camera in the vicinity and swearing RIGHT AT the camera, so give over with the "it's the cameraman's fault. He was doing his job, catching the action. Seeing a player's celebration is part of the enjoyment of watching football on TV, swearing at the camera is something, as far as I know, no other player has been stupid enough to do.

I remember a certain Saint showing V sign to ref and got away with it last season.

Of course it's inevitable that children are going to hear that kind of language, but where possible, everything possible should be done to prevent it, because, the fact is, it's setting a bad example. That kind of language and abuse should be exterminated, but I know that's never going to happen. Also, hearing those words in passing is less likely to make an impact and make children want to repeat it. However, hearing your idol yell it at a camera? That's a sure fire way of getting the language repeated and noticed.

Oh, and what have you been doing in primary school playgrounds? ;) :P

And I'm sure most people will have occasionally heard their Dad swear at a young age? Did that cause people to run around screaming "OH THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!" or leave the kids emotionally scarred? So, it's either an inevitable part of life, or Rooney > Dad in idol terms.

And they're out on break as I'm buying lunch from the shop next to the school yard. :P

I remember a certain Saint showing V sign to ref and got away with it last season.

Sorry, but what has that got anything to do with what we're talking about. You know it was inexcusable, so you try and change the subject. Typical. This is getting repititive, I'm off to eat :P

Sorry, but what has that got anything to do with what we're talking about. You know it was inexcusable, so you try and change the subject. Typical. This is getting repititive, I'm off to eat :P

actually its everything to do it. why no punishment then? again inconsistency

West Ham lucky penalty? What about utd's penalty?
Essien's tackle was bad but it was a yellow everybody is making it out like he should get a 6 match ban! Watch it in real-time and you will realise it looks A LOT worse on the gif and the pictures.
So what if he made an apology? That's not the point and his apology was read out on MOTD and SSN so it was mentioned.

Foul was outside the box. So lucky penalty. Hand ball was inside the box so it was correct penalty. I remember Chelsea getting the penalty against Us when Carrick did the same in 2007-08 season.

Essien tackle was clear red. It is not even up for debate. 2 footed, studs off the ground caught pennant. What more you want. Leg to be broken into pieces?

He made an apology for nothing incident. Like i said no one even was aware of the words or that Rooney swore. It is repeated telecast of that incident made sure every kid knew Rooney used F word.

What's the big argument on this thread for? You swear directly into a TV camera, you get a punishment. Completely fair, surely?

When it comes to saint then it is changing the subject. Where is the **** argument of "Footballers are supposed to be role models"

What's the big argument on this thread for? You swear directly into a TV camera, you get a punishment. Completely fair, surely?

the sheer inconsistency and double standards of it all, does my head in.

Not for this exact offence.

Good work there.

Wayne Rooney swore straight into the camera. It wasn't muffled. It was deliberate. It wasn't a reaction to anything - it was unneeded and sends completely the wrong message to a generation of young supporters.

It was a passionate response to a great comeback it was emotional not sinister, If any it showed this Generation that footballers still care about the game, something that many papers have tried to discredit, Your trying to be the thorn in the United fans heels here, Yet you failing miserably. Your basically saying Rooney swearing into a camera, " You ******* beauty" is such a terrible thing, It is not like he went on a rampage, saying " **** you, you ******* ****** ****, that ******* show you, you ****"

Not fair. 2 game ban is just non sense. Fine would have been fair. Not a ban.

He can elbow people as much as he wants, but for saying a naughty word, he gets a ban for one less game than a player who broke someone else's leg (Shawcross - Ramsey). Awful decision by the FA - sort it out.

Maybe Rooney should have taken his frustrations out by shooting a trainee or throwing a dart at a youth player, the FA seem to think that's quite acceptable.

As for your quote Scott, i believe Rooneys words were:

''******* what!? What?! ******* ****!''

He can elbow people as much as he wants, but for saying a naughty word, he gets a ban for one less game than a player who broke someone else's leg (Shawcross - Ramsey). Awful decision by the FA - sort it out.

They dont ban him when they should, ban him when they shouldnt, fail to spot one of the clearest reds you'll see this season in another match. what is the point of them?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Maybe Rooney should have taken his frustrations out by shooting a trainee or throwing a dart at a youth player, the FA seem to think that's quite acceptable.

this makes me laugh too, funny how cole isnt a bad role model for shooting someone with an air rifle..

This.

It seems that the FA are making an example out of Wayne, would love to see the next player who is caught swearing on camera after the camera man runs right up to his face get banned but I have a funny feeling they won't.

Sad Diaby didn't get any ban for breaking Sneijder leg (Not into 2 pieces, i think it was some damage to foot) and ending sneijder's half season. That too in a meaningless friendly or coveted Emirates cup.

This.

It seems that the FA are making an example out of Wayne, would love to see the next player who is caught swearing on camera after the camera man runs right up to his face get banned but I have a funny feeling they won't.

Drogba called a ref a ******* disgrace but nothing was said of it. It is quite trivial though, yeah ban someone for saying a word which is actually in some dictionaries but don't ban somebody trying to snap someone's leg in half or for trying to throw darts at players.

it wasnt banter or pantomine stuff, dont get it. it was vile

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

...it was in the heat of the moment, to a camera that had specifically moved when the pen was given because its generally the way rooney runs to...

Wasn't in the heat of the moment?
I think the phrase "heat of the moment" was invented for moments like this. He had just completed a hattrick to complete an unlikely comeback away from home where he'd been getting abused all game.
I agree it was stupid but it clearly was in the heat of the moment.

He walked to the Camera? It was camera man who came running on the pitch to catch the reactions. All Rooney said was "What, ****, What".

Yet I've never seen a player do this before, I've seen them swear but never walk right up to the camera and swear into it. The only other time I saw it was Drogba in the CL semi-final a couple years back, and he deservedly get a lengthy ban. If I was a ManU fan I'd be more annoyed with Rooney for doing it than anything. And as far as the cameraman goes, of course they'll move it right there, their job is to get as close to the players as possible. If they know Rooney will go and celebrate somewhere, they will move there so they can get a close-up on the celebration. It's not like they thought he would do something like that and they were trying to "catch" him. These conspiracy theories are annoying, if any high-profile player did this the punishment and public reaction would have been the same, and if it were John Terry I bet people would be calling for a lengthier ban. And of course if it were Barton everyone would be calling for a 5 game suspension.

Sad Diaby didn't get any ban for breaking Sneijder leg (Not into 2 pieces, i think it was some damage to foot) and ending sneijder's half season. That too in a meaningless friendly or coveted Emirates cup.

Ummm.. OK? Firstly, just watched the video (had no idea what you were on about) and it's not even that bad at all.

Secondly, are you seriously going to compare a silly tackle with an elbow to the face off the ball?

It's the inconsistency, double standard and scale of the punishment that has been issued.

Foul was outside the box. So lucky penalty. Hand ball was inside the box so it was correct penalty. I remember Chelsea getting the penalty against Us when Carrick did the same in 2007-08 season.

Essien tackle was clear red. It is not even up for debate. 2 footed, studs off the ground caught pennant. What more you want. Leg to be broken into pieces?

He made an apology for nothing incident. Like i said no one even was aware of the words or that Rooney swore. It is repeated telecast of that incident made sure every kid knew Rooney used F word.

I knew he said the F word when I was watching it live, and my reaction was "you're a complete tool, Rooney."

Back