Rooney Awaiting News on Punishment

• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters
ill be looking out for players this week who swear give them a 2 match ban aswell or will the FA just sit back !

So it was directed at Sky viewers?

It was clearly directed at people who doubt Rooney and have been giving him stick this season, he was frustrated with them and said that.

Saying otherwise would be naive.

if he is banned... fantastic as it will help our slim sllim title hopes :)

It was clearly directed at people who doubt Rooney and have been giving him stick this season, he was frustrated with them and said that.

Not really. Why will he swear at someone watching at home.

Emotions were running high, and on reflection my heat-of-the-moment reaction was inappropriate. It was not aimed at anyone in particular.

seriously, virtually the first thing you did was troll, dont take the moral high ground, and its actually relevant to the topic.

No, I didn't troll, all I did was mention how bitter the Man United fans were... Which they were...

Youtube, if they were to enforce the issue across the board then i would have less of an issue, but we both know it wont happen

Not really. Why will he swear at someone watching at home.

Emotions were running high, and on reflection my heat-of-the-moment reaction was inappropriate. It was not aimed at anyone in particular.

It wasn't aimed at a single person, it was aimed at a large contingent of people that have been giving Rooney stick for his performances.

And wow, he said it wasn't aimed at anyone so it wasn't? Once again - Naive.

No, I didn't troll, all I did was mention how bitter the Man United fans were... Which they were...

Again, not bitterness. INCONSISTENCY. Geddit now?

If I was Man Utd, I'd take the 2nd option. Accept the charge, but challenge the punishment. May be in with a shout

Youtube, if they were to enforce the issue across the board then i would have less of an issue, but we both know it wont happen

Meh, the only other time I remember this happening was with Drogba, who was punished.

Bitter for what?

United fans are frustrated not bitter. Top of the table, FA cup semi finals, Champions league QF, why would any united fan be bitter.

No, i was pointing towards your hypocrisy when you brought Shawcross incident without mentioning Diaby for that tackle in a meaningless friendly game.

You can talk.. Your last 2/3 posts have been about accusing other clubs of things.

I brought Shawcross in because he broke a players leg and was banned for 3 matches, then Rooney swears and gets 2 - stupid from the FA. I'm actually defending your player..

Foul was outside the box. So lucky penalty. Hand ball was inside the box so it was correct penalty. I remember Chelsea getting the penalty against Us when Carrick did the same in 2007-08 season.

Essien tackle was clear red. It is not even up for debate. 2 footed, studs off the ground caught pennant. What more you want. Leg to be broken into pieces?

He made an apology for nothing incident. Like i said no one even was aware of the words or that Rooney swore. It is repeated telecast of that incident made sure every kid knew Rooney used F word.

He made an apology for nothing incident. Like i said no one even was aware of the words or that Rooney swore. It is repeated telecast of that incident made sure every kid knew Rooney used F word.
It was clearly in the box, are you blind? And Upson's arm was in a natural position and it was so close he couldn't react. Also why bring up a penalty decision from 2008? Although it was a debatable penalty it was still less of a penalty than Utd's against West Ham.

Did you see the Essien tackle? I doubt you did because everybody's saying it wasn't on MOTD, if you watch it in real-time you will realise it really wasn't a clear red.

I was aware of what Rooney said, I could hear it as clear as day as could al of the people I've spoken to about it. Maybe you need a hearing aid?

Whoever brought up Cole; yes he's not a good role model, I think everybody knows that, but nobody's is claiming he is.

Last edited:
Was that a dig at Balotelli? What has that got to do with anything? It's the clubs job to punish those things.

Sure, if i shot someone at work, or threw some darts at my co-workers I'm sure my bosses would be dealing with it in house, the Police wouldn't be involved at all...................

gerrard swore at the ref. nothing happened

I'm just talking about the swearing into a camera side of things. Gerrard should clearly be punished for swearing at a ref, no disputing that, but the two cases are different.

It wasn't aimed at a single person, it was aimed at a large contingent of people that have been giving Rooney stick for his performances.

And wow, he said it wasn't aimed at anyone so it wasn't? Once again - Naive.

Naive is drawing your own conclusion and not thinking anything outside the box.

Meh, will go with your conclusion, It was aimed at ONLY SKY viewers.

Yet I've never seen a player do this before, I've seen them swear but never walk right up to the camera and swear into it. The only other time I saw it was Drogba in the CL semi-final a couple years back, and he deservedly get a lengthy ban. If I was a ManU fan I'd be more annoyed with Rooney for doing it than anything. And as far as the cameraman goes, of course they'll move it right there, their job is to get as close to the players as possible. If they know Rooney will go and celebrate somewhere, they will move there so they can get a close-up on the celebration. It's not like they thought he would do something like that and they were trying to "catch" him. These conspiracy theories are annoying, if any high-profile player did this the punishment and public reaction would have been the same, and if it were John Terry I bet people would be calling for a lengthier ban. And of course if it were Barton everyone would be calling for a 5 game suspension.
None of that changes the fact it was in the heat of the moment. Which is all i said.

How many other times has a player gone right up to the camera and sworn at it? Drogba is the only one I've ever seen, and he got a long suspension.
Drogba ban was for confronting and abusing the ref.
Why is Rooney swearing into a camera any worse than the numerous times referees are confronted and harassed when they give a controversial decision?
If the FA are doing this because of the poor example he's setting by swearing. Then why is abusing the referee when things aren't going your way tolerated (when was the last time they received a red card or a retrospective ban?)? What kind of example does that set?

Last edited:
Naive is drawing your own conclusion and not thinking anything outside the box.

Meh, will go with your conclusion, It was aimed at ONLY SKY viewers.

Are you suggesting that you're thinking outside the box by blindly believing Rooney's statement? Sigh.

I wouldn't mind your opinion if it made sense. Nobody would swear directly into the camera for no reason.

You can talk.. Your last 2/3 posts have been about accusing other clubs of things.

I brought Shawcross in because he broke a players leg and was banned for 3 matches, then Rooney swears and gets 2 - stupid from the FA. I'm actually defending your player..

I didn't accuse any club here, i was just pointing towards FA's inconsistency and double standards.

Diaby post was just inreply for bringing Shawcross which is not even remotely close to the topic here.

Back