Rooney Awaiting News on Punishment

• Thread starter Thread starter fm1063
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 334
  • Views Views 17K

Should Rooney Receive a Punishment?

• Total voters
FA at its very best. Would love to see how many games Gerrard was banned for this incident.

scaled.php

Maybe Rooney should have taken his frustrations out by shooting a trainee or throwing a dart at a youth player, the FA seem to think that's quite acceptable.

Was that a dig at Balotelli? What has that got to do with anything? It's the clubs job to punish those things.

Yet I've never seen a player do this before, I've seen them swear but never walk right up to the camera and swear into it. The only other time I saw it was Drogba in the CL semi-final a couple years back, and he deservedly get a lengthy ban. If I was a ManU fan I'd be more annoyed with Rooney for doing it than anything. And as far as the cameraman goes, of course they'll move it right there, their job is to get as close to the players as possible. If they know Rooney will go and celebrate somewhere, they will move there so they can get a close-up on the celebration. It's not like they thought he would do something like that and they were trying to "catch" him. These conspiracy theories are annoying, if any high-profile player did this the punishment and public reaction would have been the same, and if it were John Terry I bet people would be calling for a lengthier ban. And of course if it were Barton everyone would be calling for a 5 game suspension.

you last line is if, if if. especially sicne the last time barton got targeted, most people on here actually backed him.

and gerrard gave the v-sign dont see anyone vilifiying him

Ummm.. OK? Firstly, just watched the video (had no idea what you were on about) and it's not even that bad at all.

Secondly, are you seriously going to compare a silly tackle with an elbow to the face off the ball?

No, i was pointing towards your hypocrisy when you brought Shawcross incident without mentioning Diaby for that tackle in a meaningless friendly game.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Aha! That must be why he was punished.

Sigh.

Not the exact reason but we are here to create conspiracy theories and i made one ;)

It's the inconsistency, double standard and scale of the punishment that has been issued.

How many other times has a player gone right up to the camera and sworn at it? Drogba is the only one I've ever seen, and he got a long suspension.

I knew he said the F word when I was watching it live, and my reaction was "you're a complete tool, Rooney."

I'm pretty sure you felt offended and wrote a big email to Sky to punish that fat **** who used F word against all the Sky viewers.

FA at its very best. Would love to see how many games Gerrard was banned for this incident.

scaled.php

Don't remember that one, when did it happen? He should have gotten a ban for that. Anyway, this is different. It was right at the camera, directed to an audience of millions, not one person.

Don't remember that one, when did it happen? He should have gotten a ban for that. Anyway, this is different. It was right at the camera, directed to an audience of millions, not one person.

It was not directed to viewers or anyone. Just What, ******* what. Thats it..

Gerrard kissed cam doesn't mean his kiss was intended for all the viewers.

it wasnt particularly directed at anyone, and sky recieved minimal complaints, certainly not enough for any tv censuring, and nor were any complaints made for the police to investigate it

How many other times has a player gone right up to the camera and sworn at it? Drogba is the only one I've ever seen, and he got a long suspension.

That proves nothing about consistency. Firstly, it was a different organisation. Secondly, Essien's tackle has been ignored this weekend. Grant received the same length ban as Rooney for questioning refereeing integrity, Cole shot someone, Rooney elbowed someone, Shawcross broke someone's leg, Gerrard flashed the v sign. Need I go on? That isn't inconsistency and double standard? Show me what is then, please.

Is it not worse when it's done towards a ref though? If SAF gets a 5 match ban for 'bad mouthing' one, disrespecting one and showing him an offensive symbol should grant at least a 6 match ban.

I'm pretty sure you felt offended and wrote a big email to Sky to punish that fat **** who used F word against all the Sky viewers.

I didn't feel offended, I just thought that it was completely unnecessary and that it was stupid, especially since I thought he'd get punished for it. I figured they'd let him off easy with a fine since he plays for a big club, but I don't disagree with the punishment (though I would have given a one match ban). Swearing at a ref or a player is one thing, but at millions of fans who buy your shirts and make you tons of money? It's in very poor taste.

It was not directed to viewers or anyone. Just What, ******* what. Thats it..

Gerrard kissed cam doesn't mean his kiss was intended for all the viewers.

So he said that for no reason?

km8

And yet another thread divulges into Liverpool vs Man United. Sigh.

I didn't feel offended, I just thought that it was completely unnecessary and that it was stupid, especially since I thought he'd get punished for it. I figured they'd let him off easy with a fine since he plays for a big club, but I don't disagree with the punishment (though I would have given a one match ban). Swearing at a ref or a player is one thing, but at millions of fans who buy your shirts and make you tons of money? It's in very poor taste.

he wasnt swearing at millions of fans who buy shirt, **** of a lot of hyperbole there

And yet another thread divulges into Liverpool vs Man United. Sigh.

seriously, virtually the first thing you did was troll, dont take the moral high ground, and its actually relevant to the topic.

Back