September Results
View attachment 63470

Only 4 matches were being played during this month and Rushden & Diamonds recorded a single victory against Stoke and losing all the other 3 matches including an unlucky League Cup defeat at the hands of Liverpool.

League Table as at end of September
View attachment 63469

It is no surprise to see Rossi's side at the bottom of the table with only one league win so far.

Rossi link with Everton job

Valentino Rossi linking to Everton job

View attachment 63786

View attachment 63787

After David Moyes was sacked by Everton due to a string of defeats, Rushden & Diamonds manager, Valentino Rossi was made favourites to take over the hot seat. However, Rossi had denied any speculation linking him to the Everton job and he also declared that he was happy at Rushden and was unwilling to part from his current team.

October & November Results
View attachment 64062

Rushden & Diamonds started the month of October brightly with a convincing 2-0 win over fellow strugglers, Derby County. Rossi's side suffered their only loss in that month against a strong Birmingham side but however, The Diamonds were unlucky not to record a victory against The Reds in their last match of the month which ended 0-0.

Moving on to November, Rushden & Diamonds were totally powerless to give a good fight at Old Trafford as they went down 0-2. Then, a late strike by Khouma Babacar gave The Diamonds a much needed win against Fulham. Rushden suffered their second loss of the month as they were beaten 2-0 by Spurs. Following that, Rossi's boys showed they were no pushovers as they recorded a double victory against Bolton and Nottingham Forest.

vs Liverpool
View attachment 64066

vs Bolton
View attachment 64064

vs Nottingham Forest
View attachment 64065

League Table as at end of November
View attachment 64063

So far it has been so good for Valentino Rossi's team as they are now 4 points clear off the relegation zone and lying 14th in the table.

haha - love the idea mate. Good Start to EPL too... Good luck for future success. How on earth did you manage to get 20.5m for avoiding relegation?

Last edited:
I've totally no idea mate. I was shocked as well when i saw that sum of money given to me. But my wage budget is still low though :(
I guess my finances are not as bad and i'm making profit in the BPL each month! :D

have you got a kenyan right back in your team mate.? Cause he lives a few doors away from me. and he is constantly throwing parties. lol

Chris Lines used to live around the corner from me. Mum and Dad say they have pictures of me playing football with him :O

Transfers News

Transfers News

Ignacio Camacho
camachor.png

Will he come to Nene Park?

Rumours have been going around that Rushden & Diamonds are placing a bid for out of favour central midfielder, Ignacio Camacho, who currently plays for Borussia Dortmund. The Spaniard is currently unhappy at his Dortmund and has featured only a few times for them.

Last edited:
Nice, hopefully you'll get him .:)

Keep up the hard work. ^^)

Thx Chris and PT. Hopefully we can stay up (H)

December Updates

December Results
View attachment 64483

Valentino Rossi's side had a good match against Hull by defeating them 2-1 in the opening match of the month. Following that, Rushden only managed to draw with a struggling Everton side in a fairly contested match. A solitary goal by Lucas Correa was good enough to give Rushden & Diamonds all 3 points against West Brom. In the last 2 matches of the month, Rossi's side were really out of steam and lost 3-0 at Aston Villa and Man City.

League Table as at end of December
View attachment 64484

Half of the season gone and Rushden & Diamonds are lying comfortably in 15th spot and 5 points clear of the relegation zone.

January Updates!

January Results
View attachment 64627

Rushden & Diamonds somehow managed to hold on to a draw against Arsenal at Nene Park in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. League leaders, Chelsea gave Rossi's boys a good lesson by thrashing them 5-1 at their home ground. Rushden woes continued as The Gunners recorded a convincing victory over The Diamonds in the replay match of the FA Cup. Finally there's something to cheer about as Rossi's side showed they are no pushovers by beating Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park with Thygesen scoring the only goal of the match. Following that, Stoke City were held to a draw against Rushden & Diamonds. The last fixture of the month was a 3-2 home lost against Sunderland with Camacho scoring his first of the season.

League Table as at end of January
View attachment 64628

Still sitting 15th on the table and 8 points adrift from the relegation zone. Will Rushden & Diamonds be able to hold on to their current spot? Find out in the upcoming updates!

Player Transfers
View attachment 64629

3 players in and 3 players out. Marek Stech, Adam Vass, Engin Bekdemir and Jose Carlos Terron all left the club after they failed to impress in the Premier League. Ignacio Camacho decided to join The Diamonds revolution by signing a 3 year contract. The other 2 signings were unwanted ex Chelsea keeper, Rhys Taylor and veteran striker, Joaquin Larrivey from Cagliari.

rhystaylor.jpg
larrivey.jpg

Rhys Taylor and Joaquin Larrivey respectively

Last edited:
February Updates!

February Results
View attachment 64630

Once again Rushden & Diamonds striked lucky after they drew 1-1 with Arsenal at Nene Park. The next match was a home encounter against Leeds which ended 2-2 with Rochina and Andrews netting the back of the net for The Diamonds. Derby's misery continue as goals from Rochina and Anichebe were enough to give Rossi's side a 2-1 victory at Pride Park. Rushden maintained their unbeaten form after a 0-0 draw at home with Birmingham. Liverpool proved too much for Rushden & Diamonds as they beat them 2-0 at home with Riverola being shown the exit in the 76th minute.

League Table as at end of February
View attachment 64631

That 15th spot seems to be Rushden's favourite number as they are still hanging on to that position in the league table.

Last edited:
March & April Updates!

March & April Results
View attachment 64640

Rushden & Diamonds suffered a narrow home defeat against title contenders Manchester United with Anderson scoring the only goal of the match. Then, Rossi's boys bounced back in style with a 2-1 win at Fulham. Once again, Rushden suffered a 1-0 home loss but this time round against Tottenham who were the much superior side. Bolton condemned The Diamonds to another loss as a solitary goal by Scannell was enough to give them the win. In the next 2 matches, Rushden & Diamonds recorded back to back wins against already relegated Nott Forest at home and against Hull at The Circle.

League Table as at end of April
View attachment 64641

hooray.png

Rushden & Diamonds jumped 2 places up to 13th spot in the league table and are safe from the relegation zone. Now the question is, will The Diamonds hold on to that spot? Let's find out more in the next update!

May Updates

Ahhhh i forgot to take a screenie of the May results as well as the final standings and i've already move on to the next season by this time. This is one of the dumbest and stupidest thing that i've ever done. I'm so sorry guys :( But i will try to remember as much as i can :)

The last 3 fixtures were:

Rushden & Diamonds 0 - 0 Aston Villa

West Bromwich 0 - 0 Rushden & Diamonds

Everton 1 - 0 Rushden & Diamonds

And so Rushden & Diamonds set a new high record by ending the season in 13th spot in the league table with 45 points. The Diamonds have performed above expectations and will try to aim even higher in the next season.

Chelsea are the Premier League Champions and Fulham, Derby and Nott Forest are being relegated.

Southampton won the Coca-Cola Championship and the other 2 clubs that have won promotion to the Premier League are West Ham and Leicester City.

End of Season Summary

End of Season Summary

Rushden's Fans' Player of The Year
Ruben Rochina
rochina.png

View attachment 64708

It is no surprise to see resolute striker, Ruben Rochina to be the Fans' favourite player. He made 35 appearances for The Diamonds and scoring a total of 12 goals.

Rushden Best 11
View attachment 64709

Valentino Rossi set to move to Moscow?
russiaflag.png

View attachment 64710

Russian outfit, Lokomotiv Moscow have approached Rushden's manager Valentino Rossi to fill up their vacant managerial post. However, Rossi clearly stated that he has no plans to leave his current team yet as he is extremely happy with life here.

Last edited:
Start of New Season

Start of Season 15/16

premierleaguelogo.png

Season Expectations
View attachment 64957

As expected before, once again Rushden & Diamonds were predicted to fight against relegation and were given a massive sum of $36mil to spend on players. Valentino Rossi was quite happy that he will be able to go on a spending spree but part of the transfer budget will be contributed to the wage budget in order to increase it.

Title Odds
View attachment 64958

Bookmakers have predicted Rushden & Diamonds to finish 18th this season.

New Rushden Stadium
View attachment 64959

Yahoooo!!! The much and long awaited for a new stadium to be built has finally completed! The new stadium is now known as Rushden Stadium and can accommodate up to 16293 fans which is twice the capacity of the old stadium.

Last edited:
Transfer News

Transfer News

Possible In:

Cristian Zaccardo
cristianzaccardo2.jpg

Valentino Rossi is looking to snap up veteran defender Cristian Zaccardo on a free transfer once his contract expires at the end of June.

Lars Bender
larsbender.jpg

Surprisingly, Leverkusen central midfielder, Lars Bender is being transfer listed by his club and Rushden are trying to lure him to come to England.

Stefan Reinartz
rein.jpg

Another Leverkusen player who is transfer listed as well currently. Reinartz will be a great addition to Rushden's defence if he is willing to come to the club.

Kiko Femenia
kikofemenia.jpg

Spanish midfielder, Kiko Femenia has found himself unwanted by his current club, Olympique Marseille and The Diamonds are placing a bid for him to come to Rushden Stadium.

Possible Out

Rushden & Diamonds captain, Lucas Correa will be leaving the club at the end of June if his contract is not renewed.

Mikkel Thygesen and Andy Wilkinson are set to part from the club as both of them did not have an impressive season.

Veteran left back, Wayne Bridge will be expecting to leave the club after a couple of clubs are interested for his signature.

More News!

Rushden Profits
View attachment 65369

More Transfer News

Rushden & Diamonds have managed to snap up Cristian Zaccardo on a free transfer as well as Lars Bender from German outfit, Bayer Leverkusen which cost around $3.5 mil.

In the other hand, Stefan Reinartz and Kiko Femenia both rejected the offer from Rushden and went to other clubs.

Lucas Correa has left the club on a bosman ruling while Mikkel Thygesen, Andy Wilkinson and Wayne Bridge have all settled down with their new team.