Russia World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 49K
Great game and ****-clenching shoot-out.

This latest rule change for the fouls in penalty area is stupid though. Fouling someone who just has a goalscoring chance shouldn't be punished with red and a penalty, but this guy was literally in front of open goal. Yellow card for stopping a guaranteed goal is idiotic, it should be a straight red no questions asked.

Yeah does seem a light punishment for taking away a open goal chance. I still don't get why Rebic didn't just fire the ball into an empty goal after he was around Schmeichel though almost like he wanted the penalty as he thought it would be a red as well.

I think that Colombia's peak is bigger than England's. There's no match for the creativity of Quintero and James, the speed and tactical inteligence of Cuadrado and the finishing of Falcao. Even though Kane is the best 9 in the game right now and Lingard, Ali and Sterling are really good.

But Colombia does not aleays play near their best. This England does. And maybe James will not play.

I'd put my.money on England. I hope for a fun game nevertheless.

Be a very tough game, England just really need to overcome this voodoo of not winning a knockout game since 2006 or preferably two in one with a penalty shootout as well. That's a burden for any team until they do it.

Then just acknowledging that Colombia can beat us on any given day because they have a lot of good players.

Just to add to the nervous tension, James Rodriguez, perhaps by some miracle... is apparently going to start and has recovered. >.<

I'd fancy our chances quite a bit more if Rodriguez wasn't playing, they seem different without him.

Colombia aren't all that tbh. They've only had a great game against us and we were easily one of 2-3 worst teams of the whole tournament.

My prediction for the semis right now would be Russia-England and Belgium-Uruguay.

Be a very tough game, England just really need to overcome this voodoo of not winning a knockout game since 2006 or preferably two in one with a penalty shootout as well. That's a burden for any team until they do it.

Then just acknowledging that Colombia can beat us on any given day because they have a lot of good players.

Just to add to the nervous tension, James Rodriguez, perhaps by some miracle... is apparently going to start and has recovered. >.<

I'd fancy our chances quite a bit more if Rodriguez wasn't playing, they seem different without him.

James is a special kinda player. One of my favorites. Colombia can absolutely beat England in their day. The thing is, they played the best game i've seen in the group stage against Poland. And they follow that with one of the worst displays against Senegal. So, we don't know which Colombia will show up. I think England is more consistent. The problem is that England wasn't really tested in the competition so far.

Colombia aren't all that tbh. They've only had a great game against us and we were easily one of 2-3 worst teams of the whole tournament.

My prediction for the semis right now would be Russia-England and Belgium-Uruguay.

Russia to beat Croatia?? Interesting predictions, we'll have to see.

You'd make some serious money if you bet in this results and get it right.

Croatia have never been comfortable against a team that refuses to run at them. I mean that's what we've seen today. Russians already proved they can park a mean bus and they have home advantage, so I think they have good chance going through.

TIL that Isco is the spanish Lallana and that football is coming home.

Can't bring myself to liking Brazil, especially Neymar.

Neymar being a wuss again. **** me. He's such a drama queen.

Can't bring myself to liking Brazil, especially Neymar.

Same. I still remember the 2002 Brazil squad. Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Juninho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo. To name a few.

I dont look at current Brazil lineups and think, Wow!

How is Neymar not being penalized for this ****. FIFA are a joke.

Mexico’s decision making in the final third on the counter has been awful all tournament. They keep shooting from range instead of passing to an open team mate, so frustrating.

Yeah, what the **** was up with that? At least 5 times they had Mexican player umarked in the box and decided to boot the long shot straight into 3 defenders.

Typical Mexico this tournament. Great leaving 3 up for corners etc. But no point if gonna waste the good chances you get. Brazil just edged it for me.

Back