SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

Almost no recognition for the job Pellegrini has done at Bayern... :/

Sorry man, been so wrapped up in the fights at the top and bottom of the table :P he did really save Bayerns season, but then again Pep hugely improved City's position. A good swap deal it looks like.

Sorry man, been so wrapped up in the fights at the top and bottom of the table :P he did really save Bayerns season, but then again Pep hugely improved City's position. A good swap deal it looks like.

And Ancelotti did a lot for Barca :D

Amazing! Just about managed to survive relegation!

Ibrahimovic top scorer! Pirlo 3rd in assists chart at 36yrs old and only cost me a few 100K! :D

Also Oblak tops clean sheets for Atletico, awesome!

ICE CUBE AND KEVIN HART HAVE LEFT VALENCIA CF WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

The opportunity to own a cooler club was too much to turn down. Announcement on this cooler club will be made in due course.

Lol well selling my star striker didn't work out too well for me did it!

Haha, my plan to make City suck just enough to get a decent draft pick worked :P

End of season update

View attachment 166963

Atletico approached the final 6 games full of confidence and hoping to win the inaugural Platinum League title. Juventus, PSG and Chelsea would have a lot to say in the run in however as the title was a 4 way shootout.

Atletico 1-1 Man City
In the scheme of things this was a good point, City had the better of it and deservedly took the lead through Girogio Chiellini. Arkadiusz Milik was brought on for the second half and it was him who smashed home the equaliser in the 82nd minute.

Atletico 1-0 Inter
Atleti stormed to the top of the Platinum League with a 1-0 win over Inter. Things were made much easier when the struggling Inter had Imbula sent off after 14 minutes. Luciano Vietto kept up his remarkable season when he scored early in the second half. The red half of Madrid were dreaming of title glory.

PSG 2-2 Atletico
Juventus returned to the summit as the main challengers PSG and Atletico played out an entertaining draw. Gabriel Barbosa opened the scoring but PSG soon equalised through Cavani. Marco Veratti scored late in the first half giving PSG the advantage but Vietto scored 5 minutes into the second period and that's the way it stayed

Atletico 2-0 Bayern
Juventus remained top despite only drawing against Man Utd and Atletico winning impressively against Bayern. Goals in this one came from Barbosa and Angel Correa. Next weeks game against Liverpool was probably the most important of the season, win and then it came down to the final game of the season against Juventus, lose and it was 2nd at best.

Atletico 2-1 Liverpool
Nerves were obvious as Atletico started very slowly. Firmino gave Liverpool the lead and it could have been more. Diego Simeone was blowing a gasket on the sideline and his presence seemed to have an affect, Vietto euqalised 6 minutes later. Henrikh Mkhitaryan was the match winner in this one as he scored just before the hour mark. Juventus won their game and were seen as favourites going into the final game at Juventus Stadium

Juventus 1-2 Atletico

The game started frantically with both teams giving away lots of possession. Juventus seemed to settle slightly quicker and Carlos Tevez opened the scoring. This seemed to galvanise Atletico and Barbosa euqlised on 25 minutes. Juventus seemed top be trying to kick Atletico off the park and had committed almost 15 fouls by half time. The second half began at a much quicker pace and Atletico had several chances to score. Barbosa did just that in the 66th minute with his 14th league goal. Juventus' chances were reduced with 15 minutes left when Camacho was dismissed for a second yellow card. The referee finally blew his whistle after what seemed an eternity of stoppage time and it cued wild celebrations on the pitch and in the away support. Diego Simeone and his squad had achieved something incredible, predicted by the media to finish 10th they defied all the odds to win the title.

Top Scorers
Luciano Vietto - 17
Gabriel Barbosa - 14
Antoine Griezmann - 6

Player of the Year
Daniele Rugani

Young Player of the Year
Gabriel Barbosa​

Arsenal
End of Season Run-In
March

Platinum League
[TABLE="class: grid, width: 400, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]Bayern
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]Arjen Robben
[/TD]
[TD]19
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thiago
[/TD]
[TD]9
[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Múller
[/TD]
[TD]53
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez
[/TD]
[TD]75
[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Múller
[/TD]
[TD]59
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - Alexis Sánchez

Another fecking draw. That's now 5 draws in a row.A double from man of the match Alexis Sánchez and Thiago scoring against old team mates was enough for a share of the points.

Platinum League
[TR]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]Juventus
[/TD]
[TD]0
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez
[/TD]
[TD]49
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez
[/TD]
[TD]73
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - Gerard Piqué

A very evenly fought game where we simply took our chances better than Juventus. A major dent in their championship chase. Alexis gets his 15th and 16th of the season.

March player of the month
Gerard Piqué

March top goalscorer
Alexis Sánchez (4)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April

Platinum League
[TR]
[TD]Dortmund
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Erik Durm
[/TD]
[TD]82
[/TD]
[TD]Mesut Ózil
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juanfran
[/TD]
[TD]88
[/TD]
[TD]Olivier Giroud
[/TD]
[TD]39
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - Aaron Ramsey

Mesut Ózil and Olivier Giroud getting both goals in this victory against relegation threatened Dortmund, not helped by the late sending off of Juanfran.

Platinum League
[TR]
[TD]Liverpool
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Antonio Candreva[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philippe Coutinho[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Mesut Ózil[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - John Stones

Three goals in 4 crazy minutes gave Liverpool a 2-1 lead after only 19 minutes. Then 3 minutes into the second half Mesut Ózil gets the equaliser and our unbeaten run stretches to 10 games on the bounce.

April player of the month
Petr Cech

April top goalscorer
Mesut Ózil (2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May

Platinum League
[TR]
[TD]Man Utd
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]0
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ander Herrera[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juan Mata[/TD]
[TD]75[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - Nacho Monreal

And it comes to a disappointing end. The 2-0 loss to Man Utd ends our unbeaten run at 10. Just a pity that most of them were draws, if they had been wins we could have been up challenging for the title.

Platinum League
[TR]
[TD]Barcelona
[/TD]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lionel Messi[/TD]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]Alexis Sánchez[/TD]
[TD]68[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Olivier Giroud[/TD]
[TD]84[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Man of the Match - Mesut Ózil

And the season ends on a high with victory over Barcelona in the Nou Camp. Messi gives Barca the lead only for ex-Barcelona star Alexis Sánchez and Olivier Giroud to both score and get a win in the last game of the season.

May player of the month
Nacho Monreal

May top goalscorer
Alexis Sánchez (1)
Olivier Giroud (1)

==========================================================================================================

Season Review

A reasonably good year for the Gunners in this very first year of the Platinum League. We were forecast to finish in 9th place but we bettered that by 2 places to end in 7th. Our draft picks had a mixed year to be honest, Gerard Piqué picked up an award at the end of season club bash but David Luiz had a stop-start season only getting to make 7 starts and 13 substitute appearances. Mario Mandzukic had a very difficult year with us after Arsene looked to have dismiised his chances of playing for us although 4 goals in only 6 games makes us scratch our heads and wonder what he did to end up in Arsene's bad book.

Player of the Year
Mesut Ózil

Quite simply a fantastic year round performance from the talented German. 9 goals, 8 assists and an average match rating of 7.76 he was simply immense for the Gunners this year.

Top Goalscorer
Alexis Sánchez

He was simply on fire for us this year. 18 goals in 38 games means that he was very nearly on a goal every two games strike rate. Add that to the 6 assists that he had throughout the year and it shows how important a player he is to us.

Top Signing
Gerard Piqué & Nicolás Gaitán

Couldn't separate them, Gerard only made 20 appearances but picked up 4 referee's man of the match awards and ended up with an average match rating of 7.51 but Nicolás also played very well for us this year with 4 goals, 4 assists and 2 referee's man of the match awards and an average match rating of 7.32 in his 25 appearances for the Gunners.

Top Youth
John Stones

A big money signing at the start of the season but after 32 appearances and an average match rating of 7.13, big things are expected for this talented 21 year old.

=============================================================

Now its time to start panicking, trying to work out our 5 players that are excempt from next seasons Draft!!!

Last edited:
Do we know what's happening with the draft yet, is there going to be one?

I am still undecided on the draft.

As far as I can see, we have three options...

1. We keep the draft as it was last year (I realise this was fairly unpopular)

2. A new draft system is imposed. One idea was each team pick 15 players to keep, and the rest of the players go into a pool which clubs can pick draft picks from, with remaining players at the end being returned to their clubs. (Complicated and time consuming)

3. Scrap the draft completely (Reluctant to do this but is certainly an option)

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions then I would be happy to hear them :) The only thing is that it has to be fair to everybody, with the intention of levelling the playing field slightly which gives us the type of unpredictability that we had this last season.

2. A new draft system is imposed. One idea was each team pick 15 players to keep, and the rest of the players go into a pool which clubs can pick draft picks from, with remaining players at the end being returned to their clubs. (Complicated and time consuming)

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions then I would be happy to hear them :) The only thing is that it has to be fair to everybody, with the intention of levelling the playing field slightly which gives us the type of unpredictability that we had this last season.

I think scrapping the draft is a no go..this is the theme of your chairman game!

15 players is too many...maybe 7 would be a good number. Enough to keep the CORE of the team together but not enough where each team can keep their best 11 and ultimately keeping their squad the same.

Just my 2 cents.

I think also, scrapping the draft now would put the promoted clubs at a disadvantage. Perhaps we could do a draft where we all select our protected players (5 or 7, whatever) but just let the promoted sides draft rather then the entire league? Maybe? Just thinking out loud :P

Please do all think out loud! Am more than happy for this to be a democracy :P

I'd say, all players aged 23 or lower are safe. You can save 5 other players, then run the draft with 1 pick at a time. (Might be time consuming, but I'd say it's more fair.)

Perhaps do it one at a time but only two picks each? with under 23's exempt and 7 protected picks? how does that sound?

I'd say, all players aged 23 or lower are safe. You can save 5 other players, then run the draft with 1 pick at a time. (Might be time consuming, but I'd say it's more fair.)

1 pick at a time and we all have 3 picks? Hmmm...

Rest, agreed

Yeah I think the draft has to remain, it makes this chairman game unique. Maybe allow teams to select 10 players who are immune from draft and the remainder are fair game. Most teams will have used 15/16 players on a regular basis and plenty of good players will still be up for grabs, and allow promoted teams first draft picks. You could also open the transfer window for 24 hours just for promoted teams initially, then for the rest of the league.

What about the winner of the Chairman of the Year award? They have to have a boost?

Perhaps do it one at a time but only two picks each? with under 23's exempt and 7 protected picks? how does that sound?

I think only 2 picks is fine if everyone is going to pick & its going to be done one player at a time, however, I'd go with either 5 protected players + U23's or just 7 protected total. Don't want to limit the draft pool too much.

Back