SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

Arsenal
Jantary Update

Platinum League
Atlético
Arsenal
Gabriel Barbosa9
Luciano Vietto21
Gabriel Barbosa42
Antoine Griezmann84
Man of the Match - Mesut Ózil

OK can we stop playing games in the first week of the month. November saw a 2-0 defeat, December gave us a 3-0 defeat and now January has turned up a 4-0 hiding. Get your money to the bookies for Februarys 5-0 spanking from PSG.

Platinum League
Arsenal
Man City
Felipe Anderson9Raheem Stirling68
Man of the Match - Mesut Ózil

Felipe Anderson's seventh of the season gave us a quick lead only for Man City to equalise through Raheem Stirling.

Platinum League
Arsenal
Real Madrid
Nicolás Gaitán71Cristiano Ronaldo41
Cristiano Ronaldo42
Cristiano Ronaldo
Man of the Match - Thiago

This match was all about that Portugese poster boy. Two goals and two yellow cards but we couldn't do enough against 10 men with Nicolás Gaitán consolation goal our only highlight.​

Platinum League
Milan
Arsenal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic41Alexis Sánchez2
Aaron Ramsey80
Man of the Match - Aaron Ramsey

Back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over the Italians. Sánchez adds to his goal tally taking it to 11 and man of the match Aaron Ramsey hits the winner after Milan equalise.​

Platinum League
Arsenal
Inter
Danny Welbeck55Mauro Icardi18
Danny Welbeck64
Danny Welbeck79
Man of the Match - Kieran Gibbs

After the Italians take a 1-0 half-time lead, the second half became the Danny Welbeck show as he hit a hat-trick in his first start for the Gunners this season.

January player of the month
Alexis Sánchez

January top goalscorer
Danny Welbeck (3)

I am so sorry guys that I keep breaking my promises about updates. Just this week has been busy wi my working and it's my Grandma's 70th this weekend so loads of family over. I absolutely, 100% promise an update by the end of the weekend! even if it kills me :D

On a different note though, I am loving this chairman game. So unpredictable!

January & February update

View attachment 167364

Atletico 4-0 Arsenal
A five game month in January gave Atletico the chance to keep the pressure on Juventus and PSG at the top. It started well as they welcomed Arsenal, who themselves were looking to make a late charge to the top. It was a fairly one sided game in which Atletico hammered the gunners 4-0 - goals coming from Gabriel Barbosa (2), Vietto and Griezmann.

Man Utd 2-1 Atletico
An away trip to Old Trafford followed and a game against a resurgent Man Utd team. Once languishing in the bottom 4, the red devils managed a win despite falling behind to a Barbosa strike. The young striker is showing signs of his potential now and even though this game ended in defeat, Simeone and Iglesias are still pleased with progress.

Atletico 3-1 Milan
Atleti welcomed the Rossoneri to Madrid in Gameweek 18 and there was to be no hangover from the Utd defeat. An early lead was established through young midfielder Kranevitter and it stayed 1-0 up to half time. Milan equalised through new signing Ramires before Barbosa scored his 4th goal in 3 games and Henrikh Mkhitaryan made the game safe with 15 minutes left.

Valencia 0-2 Atletico
Atletico made the short trip to Valencia looking to build on the Milan result. With the game heading to the interval goalless Yoann Gourcuff scored and swung the game in Madrid's favour. Luciano Vietto scored again just after the hour and from there Valencia rarely threatened.

Atletico 2-1 Chelsea
January finished with a top of the table clash against Chelsea. Madrid dominated the first half and rightly lead 2-0 at the break thanks to goals from the in-form strike duo of Barbosa and Vietto - each getting a goal apiece. Chelsea rallied in the 2nd half and got what was to be just a consolation through Oscar.

Top Scorer - January
Gabriel Barbosa - 5

The transfer window concluded with Atletico again buying players for the future. Two strikers were brought in in the shape of:

16 year old Christian Fajardo who will spend the next couple of seasons playing for the reserves.
Arkadiusz Milik signed from Ajax for £6m will provide competition for Barbosa and Vietto

Atletico 3-0 Dortmund
February began with a comprehensive win over Dortmund. The Madrid fans welcomed back former player Juanfran with open arms - some are still disappointed with his sale in the January window. It matter little by full time as two goals from Barbosa and a first goal for Milik won the game.

Leverkusen 0-1 Atletico
An early goal settled this tense game as Atletico all but guaranteed their participation in the Platinum League for another season and kept up the pressure on the other 3 teams vying for the title. Luciano Vietto scored his 12th league goal of the season. Another clean sheet for Jan Oblak in what has been a magnificent season for the big keeper.

Barcelona 1-1 Atletico
Nerves were jangling in this one as Neymar gave Barca the lead and they looked to try and increase that. No more goals were scored in the first half and forgotten man Angel Correa equalised 5 minutes into the second half. All in all a good point for Atletico as they went into the Madrid derby seeking revenge.

Real Madrid 2-0 Atletico
Another derby defeat left Simeone seething. His team just didn't get going and resident poster boy Cristiano Ronaldo got his teams second, rubbing salt in Atletico's wounds.

With a big month approaching in the shape of March, Atletico face games against Man City and Inter.

Top Scorer - February
Gabriel Barbosa - 2

Inter Press Release

Inter Press Release

View attachment 167084
Inter have today announced that they have parted company with Mancini. Recent results were not up to the scratch. Having failed to get the best out of the current squad, and being 6 points behind FC Bayern, the board have decided that parting ways is the best way for the club to move forward.

Inter have moved swiftly to appoint Antonio Conte as the new Manager. Regarded as one of the top coaches in Europe, the fact that he has taken on the challenge at Inter, in their current predicament, is already being viewed by fans as a significant turning point in their fortune.

View attachment 1034697
Milan Update

We brought in only one player during this window, unfortunately I am a busy man and have been unable to find time to scout out new talent and bring them to the club.

Although we did manage to improve the midfield with the signing of:

Ramires
View attachment 167057
Position: CM/DM
Transfer: £15 million

At £15 million and the fact I have been too busy to try and bring someone else in, I felt this was a great opportunity to strengthen the midfield.

Okay, so January was an extremely poor month for us in terms of results!! We managed just 1 win in 4 games to put us just above the relegation zone..not acceptable.

February has seen results improve slightly with 2 wins from 4 games to see us rise to around middle table, keeping us away from the dreaded drop zone!

Positives:
- Ibrahimovic staying injury free
- Ibrahimovic is joint top goal scorer with 14 league goals.
- Ramires scored his first goal for us
- I am among the top of the assist chart

Negatives:
- our position
-lack of players brought into the club

Talking point...
Is the fact that I am too busy to bring people into the club going to cost me in terms of relegation..we see each club running around like headless chickens grabbing all of the best young talent as quick as possible whereas I just about submit 1 request in time before the window closes. I have a feeling I will pay for this! Only time will tell!!

COME ON MILAN!!!

Talking point...
Is the fact that I am too busy to bring people into the club going to cost me in terms of relegation..we see each club running around like headless chickens grabbing all of the best young talent as quick as possible whereas I just about submit 1 request in time before the window closes. I have a feeling I will pay for this! Only time will tell!!

I only made 1 signing in Jan who came in straight away, and Sule is the only Summer signing who is a 'wonderkid' as such who is starting. Juve are the ones who went crazy on that. :p

Arsenal
February Update

Platinum League
Arsensl
PSG
Mesut Ózil
Edinson Cavani
Mesut Ózil
Domenico Berardi
Man of the Match - Nicolás Gaitán

Well at least we broke the start of the month hoodoo by getting a draw. Mesut taking his total to 7 with this brace. But with the amount of possession we had we really should have taken all three points.

Platinum League
Valencia
Arsenal
Man of the Match - Gerard Piqué

A poor match and the resuly probably sums it up perfectly.

Platinum League
Chelsea
Arsenal
Eden Hazard
Felipe Anderson
Oscar
Thiago
Diego Costa
Mario
Man of the Match - John Stones

Another game that we really should have won after madman Costa picked up his second yellow card. Felipe Anderson's 8th of the season and Thiago's first goal for us since his transfer last month just wasn't enough against, eventually, 9 man Chelsea.

Platinum League
Leverkusen
Arsenal
Isco
Alexis Sánchez
Man of the Match - Alexis Sánchez

The month ends with our 4th draw in a row. Alexis Sánchez getting the equaliser to take our leading goalscorer up to 12 goals this season.

February player of the month
Mesut Ózil

February top goalscorer
Mesut Ózil (2)

I only made 1 signing in Jan who came in straight away, and Sule is the only Summer signing who is a 'wonderkid' as such who is starting. Juve are the ones who went crazy on that. :p

Fair play to them, they are the ones doing it right!! I'm not saying anything against that, more that I'm the fool not to bring in more faces.

Last edited:
Update will be out a little later.. It will be the end of season update, as there are only 6 games left

March/April/May Round up

The Platinum League

As its the end of the season, I will keep you in suspense just a little longer and put the table last.

Gameweek 25

View attachment 167013
A truly massive win for Juventus as they defeat PSG to take back their place at the top of the table in a thrilling match. Inter pull off a wonderful win over Liverpool but will it be enough to try and escape relegation? Leverkusen stun Chelsea and Valencia also do well to pick up a win over Dortmund.

Gameweek 26

View attachment 167012
And once again the lead of the table changes hands, this time its Atletico that storm into first place after sneaking a win over Inter! Juventus toil with a loss to Arsenal after an Alexis Sanchez masterclass, and PSG can only draw away to Man United. Yet another Leverkusen win and another goal for Christian Eriksen see the German minnows surge into the title fight with Chelsea also going strong.

Gameweek 27

View attachment 167011
Juventus reclaim their lead in the table with a tough win against Liverpool while Atletico can only draw against PSG. Barcelona pick up some massive points with a tight win against Leverkusen and Inter win the Milan derby as they scrabble towards safety.

Gameweek 28

View attachment 167010
Juventus are looking really good out in the lead now as they pick up another point against United, while Atletico keep up the pressure by beating Bayern and PSG are held to a draw. Inter look all but relegated as they lose to Valencia, Man City are now safe after beating Leverkusen, as are Barcelona as they see off Dortmund who surely cannot save themselves now.

Gameweek 29

View attachment 167009
Atletico are so close now they can almost touch it! They defeat Liverpool to enter the final gameweek just two points behind leaders Juventus, with PSG snapping at their heels. Leverkusen thrash Inter meaning the Italian club are relegated, as are Dortmund who lose out to Real Madrid.

As we enter the final week, Juventus lead the table by two points from Atletico, and the final fixture of the year? Juventus Vs Atletico. A two way way fight for the title! but which way is it going to go?

Gameweek 30

View attachment 167008
THEY DID IT! Atletico ****** a win away to Juventus to take the Platinum League crown! What an effort! PSG play a dull draw with Valencia to finish third and Chelsea show up Inter to take 4th place. A disappointing end ot the season for Leverkusen as they get thumped by Real Madrid, but some promise for Bayern as they beat Milan. Defeat for Liverpool see the club relegated and a point for Valencia isnt enough to retain their Platinum status.

Table

View attachment 167007
So there we have it, who really would have predicted that Atletico would win the league? What a season it has been. Unpredictable til the last. A massive congratulations to Atletico Madrid and commiserations to Valencia, Liverpool, Dortmund and Inter who find themselves relegated. Joining the league next season will be Roma, Sporting, Benfica and Tottenham who won promotion from the Gold League.

The Cup

View attachment 167006
Juventus show their true class as they sneak past PSG 4-3 on aggregate, while Schalke embarass Man City to make it to the final.

View attachment 167005
Congratulations to Juventus who win the cup! beating Schalke on penalties in the final to lift their first silverware of the save!

YOUR CHAMPIONS.. ATLETICO MADRID!

View attachment 167004

Game Save - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YPiy4emMIHME1TY0FmNUNDR1k/view?usp=sharing

*An awards post will be coming shortly, as well as the chance to vote for your chairman of the year/signing of the year.

Voting is now open!

All chairman in the game have the option of voting for Chairman, Player and Signing of the season!

Please PM me your votes! Please note you are not allowed to vote for yourself or your own players/signings.

The vote will close in 24 hours times (6 PM GMT tomorrow)

Also could the chairmen of the relegated teams please get in touch!! If you wish to continue in the game and take over a promoted club, then you are more than welcome to do so. 13th place will take first pick of the newly promoted clubs and it works down from there!

Roma -
Sporting -
Benfica -
Tottenham - Rish​

Last edited:
Awwh ffs! On the last day, our double gets taken away!! Still, can't complain too much, wouldn't have expected to be that high up the table! :)

Wow, India winning against Pakistan and the end of season update! Although it is useless to do...I can't help but wonder about our position if we didn't draw 3 consecutive draw, wins in them and we could have been top with Atletico! Anyways congratulations to Atletico as well as Leverkusen who stunned everyone.

Happy with a 5th placed position in the end , 3 above what we were supposed to be. A detailed update soon!

Wow. Can't believe the end to that season. I will release a detailed update later this evening.

Oh, and................CHAMPIONE, CHAMPIONE, OLE OLE OLE

Almost no recognition for the job Pellegrini has done at Bayern... :/