SaintMotbot's Platinum League Chairman Game.

Yeah I think the draft has to remain, it makes this chairman game unique. Maybe allow teams to select 10 players who are immune from draft and the remainder are fair game. Most teams will have used 15/16 players on a regular basis and plenty of good players will still be up for grabs, and allow promoted teams first draft picks. You could also open the transfer window for 24 hours just for promoted teams initially, then for the rest of the league.

Some great ideas. Really like opening the transfers for just the small clubs.

I want to be a bit careful about how many players we are protecting. A lot of clubs have quite a few under 23's which would be protected on top of your draft picks./ say with PSG, i would protect 7, then have like 4 more.. which is pretty much the whole first team.

I think only 2 picks is fine if everyone is going to pick & its going to be done one player at a time, however, I'd go with either 5 protected players + U23's or just 7 protected total. Don't want to limit the draft pool too much.

Either is cool to me, coz the 2 extra players without U23s would be U23s, great for me. :D

Think that the biggest problem with the draft was picking 3 players at a time, although this is great to get things moving. By the time it got near the end of the draft the teams picking there had some very slim pickings.

If keeping the draft, here is a couple of ideas that may or may not make things worse or better -

1 - chairmen send you their list of 5 un-draftable players and you post this list as normal
2 - chairmen then send you a list of, say about, 7 players that they would like to draft in order of preference.
3 - you then work you way through the lists allocating their 1st round picks and then post them.
4 - repeat for second and third round picks
5 - anyone not having a option left can be pm'ed to make a final choice.

Again not sure how feasable this would be to run just a thought bouncing around this empty noggin of mine.

Think that the biggest problem with the draft was picking 3 players at a time, although this is great to get things moving. By the time it got near the end of the draft the teams picking there had some very slim pickings.

If keeping the draft, here is a couple of ideas that may or may not make things worse or better -

1 - chairmen send you their list of 5 un-draftable players and you post this list as normal
2 - chairmen then send you a list of, say about, 7 players that they would like to draft in order of preference.
3 - you then work you way through the lists allocating their 1st round picks and then post them.
4 - repeat for second and third round picks
5 - anyone not having a option left can be pm'ed to make a final choice.

Again not sure how feasable this would be to run just a thought bouncing around this empty noggin of mine.

I see your point! Would be much quicker this way but quite complicated to do! Plus there would be quite a lot of people picking the same players with all their picks.

Some great ideas. Really like opening the transfers for just the small clubs.

say with PSG, i would protect 7, then have like 4 more.. which is pretty much the whole first team.

This is what I was saying with the either or. some clubs could end up with 13 or more players protected & at that stage, what's the point?

This is what I was saying with the either or. some clubs could end up with 13 or more players protected & at that stage, what's the point?

We could settle on 10 protected picks.. 3 of which HAVE to be under 23? does that work?

Just a question, what do the balances of the promoted sides look like? Are they going to have the cash to strengthen adequately?

I'd still say 5 + all U23's. Should be loads of decent players available then

Just a question, what do the balances of the promoted sides look like? Are they going to have the cash to strengthen adequately?

I will ensure that the promoted sides have plenty of money to work with. Perhaps they will get the second half of the tv rights this year (£100 mil each) Will have to see what its like as I havnt simmed yet.

We could settle on 10 protected picks.. 3 of which HAVE to be under 23? does that work?

I guess this works too. Wouldn't make a huge difference in terms of players shifting though, with so many protected players. But, good for me with a late pick :p

Actually, now that I think about it, I think 10 is too many to be able to protect. I think 5 + 2 U23's is fair (7 total). That way there is a decent amount of first teamers available & you can still protect your best prospects?

Going to compromise and go straight down the middle! :)

Every club in the draft will each get three picks, which will be taken one at a time.

Every club will protect 5 players + 3 under 23's, this means that clubs can safeguard 8 players in total

The draft will take place in finishing order from last season, so the team that finished 4th in the Gold League will get first pick, all the way through to Atletico who pick last.

No club may lose more than three players! after three players have been taken from a certain club, the remaining players become off limits, please chose from a different side.

Any player that either takes more than 24 hours to pick, or picks somebody who has already been picked, will be bypassed until they are back, when they will slot in then and there.

The winner of the Chairman of the Year award will get a free 4th draft pick, which will take place at the very beginning of the draft before anybody chooses.

Sound fair? :)

Last edited:
Fair enough. Makes chairman of the year massive! Would have to think I'm not in the running for that! :p

Going to compromise and go straight down the middle! :)

Every club in the draft will each get three picks, which will be taken one at a time.

Every club will protect 5 players + 3 under 23's, this means that clubs can safeguard 8 players in total

The draft will take place in finishing order from last season, so the team that finished 4th in the Gold League will get first pick, all the way through to Atletico who pick last.

Any player that either takes more than 24 hours to pick, or picks somebody who has already been picked, will be bypassed until they are back, when they will slot in then and there.

The winner of the Chairman of the Year award will get a free 4th draft pick, which will take place at the very beginning of the draft before anybody chooses.

Sound fair? :)

Will teams only lose a maximum of 3 players from the draft like last year?!