Yeah, I basically based my formation around Andy Selva in the first 2 seasons, as he was easily my best player (this is FM 09). I played with 3 central midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker with the idea being to give as many opportunities to Selva as possible.

Ok thanks for the advice

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

World Cup 2010:
Winners: Holland
Runners up: Brazil
Third: England

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I searched for andy selva because he didn't appear in my national pool, and nothing appears, he must of retired :(

:eek: He's the leading goalscorer for the nation and has played in Serie B, I think on FM 09 he's the only player to be on a professional contract? But he is old, so it is possible he's retired. What is your team line up then? Be interesting to see if the players are similar to mine in FM 09

im gonna try a nation eventually, a bad one had latvia in mind, good luck with this

Instead of posting every single result you have, Can you restrict your updates to maybe 4-5 games per update? This thread will just become as long and spam filled as your other one which might put off potential followers of this story.

And allright Kris, I had no idea this was spamming, I thought people did 4-5 games per update when managing clubs, not international teams.

And allright Kris, I had no idea this was spamming, I thought people did 4-5 games per update when managing clubs, not international teams.

No mate sorry maybe i put it across wrong. I just mean that when you do an update after every game you end up with 10 comments saying well done and it goes on like that. So by the time new readers or people who may not visit everyday check the thread they can't be bothered catching up.

That make sense?

A lot of those players look familiar!

Simoncini, Adreini, Albani, Vitaioli, Celli and Michele Marani are still in and around my side :)

Rossini, Brighi, Rinaldi, Mularoni, Valli and Bugli either weren't in the game or were not good enough to be worth considering. I remember I chucked out about half of the original first team squad at the start of the game 'cause they weren't even the best of a bad bunch.

Is Simoncini good on your game? He's good enough to be first choice in Serie B on mine.

Definitely makes sense Kris , no worries :)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Yeah simoncini has made quite a lot of good saves, cheers for following mate :D

Right, I think I'll do 3 games per update if that's ok, cause I can't remember what happened in each game if I do more :p

View attachment 15234

We should of at least scored one goal in this game, we had some good chances. I see SI haven't got the german license yet:S.

View attachment 15235

Great performance, and we finally got our first win with me in charge(although I wonder if San Marino have actually won a game in real life :p)

View attachment 15236

Another good result, but I think with a few defensive tweaks I could of won the match. Still, a point is a point, and I suppose I've got to look at it as 1 point won, not 2 lost.

Last edited:
View attachment 15556

Good win, we looked deadly in front of goal, which is what I want.

View attachment 15560

Poor performance, but even worse luck withthe stupid penalty (I have my doubts, I think there was no penalty), but to win you've got to score, and we had bad luck in front of goal too.

View attachment 15558

Millions of wasted chances in this game, we have so poor quality finish! At least,two good points: No goals conceded and dominated all the match

Some good results there, also the games you're losing are pretty close too. Pictures of the world ranking and competition tables?

Can someone reccomend a team for me to be from europe that are rubbish please.

(please dont put in a link to what team suits me or whatever thats called)

Keep it up mate, I haven't really checked this much yet but a good read so far. Just need to find a striker with a good finish

Can someone reccomend a team for me to be from europe that are rubbish please.

(please dont put in a link to what team suits me or whatever thats called)

why are you spamming this thread :S

Well done, really good story by the way.

Thanks mate,I hope I get a good regen striker to see how far I can take San Marino, because with these we aren't going to get anywhere.