Second leg - Liverpool (0) - (1) Atletico.

I don't care how good your starting line is, Liverpool should be doing better. Haven't Liverpool lost something like 17 games this season? Injuries or not that is dreadful.

Nah Josh that wasnt a red card, Kuyt over reacted

He raised his arms to the face, which is a red card. He hit with more power than babel did to the other guy, and he got red for it didn't he?

Was at the match and thought we played well. Atmosphere is great as per usual. Was gutted when Forlan scored. I felt we should've defended a bit higher, we were too deep. Made up for Aquaman. :p

Good luck to Atletico in the final.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I don't care how good your starting line is, Liverpool should be doing better. Haven't Liverpool lost something like 17 games this season? Injuries or not that is dreadful.

I'm assuming you mean in all competitios? In the league we've lost about 10 this season.

He raised his arms to the face, which is a red card. He hit with more power than babel did to the other guy, and he got red for it didn't he?

Was at the match and thought we played well. Atmosphere is great as per usual. Was gutted when Forlan scored. I felt we should've defended a bit higher, we were too deep. Made up for Aquaman. :p

Good luck to Atletico in the final.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I'm assuming you mean in all competitios? In the league we've lost about 10 this season.

Completely agree with u about the kuyt thing. also, it wud have been a pen if he was penalised for it and also it was still disgraceful and if the ref had even have given a booking then it would have been a pen and we wud be playing fulham

Please Kuyt fell over like a woman. I do beileve i said Babels was harsh. and shouldnt of been a red card. So i think Kuyt was looking to get someone sent off, which is wrong within it self.

Please Kuyt fell over like a woman. I do beileve i said Babels was harsh. and shouldnt of been a red card. So i think Kuyt was looking to get someone sent off, which is wrong within it self.

Agreed. Why was Kuyt even going over to confront the goalkeeper in the first place? It was a fair challenge.

I'm not that assed if he rolled around on the floor like a fish. The rules state that if hands are raised to the face then a red card it to be produced. Babels was deserved, and so was this *****.

Stop being bitter.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Agreed. Why was Kuyt even going over to confront the goalkeeper in the first place? It was a fair challenge.

Exactly. It was a fair challenge, and the goalie acted like he'd been hit with a baseball bat to the ribs.

I'm not that assed if he rolled around on the floor like a fish. The rules state that if hands are raised to the face then a red card it to be produced. Babels was deserved, and so was this *****.

Stop being bitter.

Okay actually the rules state, id the hand was raised with intent to hurt or Injure somebody above the kneck, they should be red carded. Or is excessive forcce was used.

This was Neither so the best the ref can do is Yellow card him.

Why am i bitter?

Stop being bitter.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Exactly. It was a fair challenge, and the goalie acted like he'd been hit with a baseball bat to the ribs.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't specifically mention anything about hands touching faces the referee is just supposed to judge whether it was violent conduct and be honest mate, is touching someones face violent conduct?:p

If hands are raised to the face then it is a red card... it happened to babel, it happened to the guy for Inter, and it should've happened last night.

If hands are raised to the face then it is a red card... it happened to babel, it happened to the guy for Inter, and it should've happened last night.

You mean three occassions where it shouldnt of happened. Maybe Kuyt was doing a basquets, just the ref didnt bottle this one.

youre out, benitez is a failure, can you just stop making excuses?

Don't all players do this though? The smallest contact to the face and the player will fall over like a tree.

Don't all players do this though? The smallest contact to the face and the player will fall over like a tree.
i apprecaite your point but your using it as an excuse that you were knocked out, you went to sleep for forlans goal and you just werent good enough, nothing to do with this

yeah, it can still be a disgrace though, whether most do it or not. I am not saying it is right for rooney to do it.

No....
There is no specific rule about raising a hand to the face of another player, if you can find the rule in the laws of the games i'll stand corrected but i doubt you will.

The referee has to judge whether it's violent conduct and the referee obviously didn't which is probably the right decision because it really wasn't violent.

The babel decision was quite harsh and the busquets one was a disgrace.:p

i apprecaite your point but your using it as an excuse that you were knocked out, you went to sleep for forlans goal and you just werent good enough, nothing to do with this
I've not been involved in this 'arguement', i'm not making excuses, but i believe we were better and once again our defence let the whole team down.

I've not been involved in this 'arguement', i'm not making excuses, but i believe we were better and once again our defence let the whole team down.

yeah i honestly think your where better aswell. only watched last 30minutes yestardy, but watched a re-run today. I just honeslt didnt think it was a red card. Liverpool deserved to go through, just a sloppy moment cost them.

yeah i honestly think your where better aswell. only watched last 30minutes yestardy, but watched a re-run today. I just honeslt didnt think it was a red card. Liverpool deserved to go through, just a sloppy moment cost them.
Oh i did think it was a red, but i'm just not using it as an excuse. We were 2-1 up at the time 2-2 Aggregate and going out, if they went down to 10 it wouldn't of changed much

No....
There is no specific rule about raising a hand to the face of another player, if you can find the rule in the laws of the games i'll stand corrected but i doubt you will.

The referee has to judge whether it's violent conduct and the referee obviously didn't which is probably the right decision because it really wasn't violent.

The babel decision was quite harsh and the busquets one was a disgrace.:p
just downlaoded the fifa laws of the game and gone through it, there is definitely no law about rasing had to the face. te red card component comes into it if excessive force is used. bables should been a yell, so should motta's (he would have been sent off for a 2nd yello, but sergio would have also been booked for simulation) and athletico player (lopez?) rightly got a yellow