• Sam

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Anu

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
January and February

"Thanks Martin. Oh yeah you can have Andreas back. He's ****." my words to Martin O'Neill after we lost three-nil at Villa Park in the FA Cup 3rd Round.
Afterwards I had to speak to reporters from Sky.
"What are you going to do after this heavy defeat?"
"Resign." a chuckle filtered through the press room
"You ask me stupid questions I'll give you stupid answers." I left the room

Our next game was even worse.
"You're all garbage. I tell you what don't even bother turning up next week. I'll get the local side to take your places." that was just the start of my long rant after a well...ermm six-one defeat. It was embarrasing. It was a disgrace. I will never get over it. As I entered my Ford Mondeo people were laughing at me.
"Get lost," I exclaimed to them.

We managed to get a point in our next fixture. A bore draw against Bournemouth. Goaless. Lifeless. The story of our season so far. Against Plymouth we lost again. This time one-nil. However we did have a Johnstone's Paint South Final 1st Leg against Southampton to look forward to.

We will be heading into the home leg with every chance of winning. We secured a one all draw at St Mary's. Liam Dickinson scoring. After the match I called Liam over.
"Liam as impressive as your recent form is, I have decided that in order to raise funds for the club I will be no longer require your services for next season. Once this season finished you and your agent can look for a new club."

Finally we won a match!! Sheffield Wednesday were thrashed...actually we narrowly won two-one. Glenn Murray finally scoring. He was absolutely garbage before but this should boost his confidence levels...I hope.
The following week we were held by Leyton Orient. Goaless. That says it all.

I was furious after Dagenham & Redbridge cheated as they won us two-one. Nicky Forster scored for us but we had numerous penalty shouts turned down as well as two disallowed goals.
"It was a shockhorror from the referee today. I am standing by my players. Surely in the game of sportsmanship they would have admitted our goals were legitimate or that they fouled us. Disgrace." This rant live on Sky cameras earned me a two game touchline ban as well as a £4000 fine. Idiots the whole lot of them.

My assistant didn't do too badly as we were bravely defeated by the MK Dons three-two. Nicky Forster netted a brace as we fell just short.
The second leg of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Final finished two-all. Dean *** scored twice-the irony being he didn't score a goal this season prior to this match. Unfortunately Southampton won on away goals. Surely in a final it should go to extra time. Are you listening FA?

The Saints beat us again. This time properly-we lost two-one. Jamie Cureton scored. Another two all draw against Walsall-the second time this season brought the fans entertainment but for me more dropped points. Jamie and Adam Virgo our goalscorers.
Ending February on a bright note we defeated Charlton Athletic three-two. Glenn Murray scoring and Andrew Crofts bagging a brace. We are currently 17th in the league. We muct improve...

Editor Notes- I have finished season one so expect another update shortly.

Hurry up with your next update :D

I look forward to seeing if you made the play-offs. ;)

March, April and May

"Can I have your autograph?" I cheekily asked Ian Harte after our one all draw with Carlisle United. Glenn Murray, trusted with the job to replace the injured Jamie Cureton scored a nice header to earn us a deserved point.
The following week I gave him a chance to play alongside Cureton as we swept the floor with Huddersfield Town by winning four-two. Both Glenn and Jamie scored. Dean *** and captain Gary Dickers also got onto the scoresheet.

Liam Dickinson netted a brace and Nicky Forster grabbed himself a goal as we beat Oldham Athletic three-one. A suprisingly one sided affair we were very clinical in front of goal. The same couldn't be said against Peterborough United where we blew a two goal advantage to end up only taking a point. Liam and Alan Navarro managed to find the net.

Dean *** scored a wonder goal to gain a point away to Yeovil Town. *** managed to skin the Yeovil right back before calmly placing the ball past the keeper. I was fuming as Exeter City did the double on us as we somehow failed to convert our numerous chances. Exeter won the game two-nil. Three days later Brentford were victorious as they converted a penalty to take the three points.

We did manage to stop Charlie Austin's Swindon Town scoring against us. A bore draw. Not many chances. So much so I skipped my team talk and straight away got onto the bus. I have some important "business" to do up north.

Our last three games of the season finished embarrisingly with three defeats. First a one-nil defeat to Tranmere Rovers; then a three-nil loss to Jeff Stelling's Hartlepool United (James Brown scored). And the final game of the season we were demolished by Bristol Rovers five-one.

In a very underachieving season we finished 17th with 50 points. We did however reach the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South. With the World Cup coming up I have joined ITV's pundit team. Should be fun. For now I must analyse what went wrong ready for the new season...

Hopefully I can make it:

3 joint stories, 3 wins :D

Lookin forward to next season! :)

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Victory! :D

:p

brightonhove.png

AUGUST - SEPTEMBER

Brighton's new signings has made an impact and has took the Gulls to 4th position and are showing no signs of stopping as there most recent game against AFC Bournemouth came out as an emphatic 4-2 win after being 2-0 down at Half-Time and it was Peter Ward's 3-4-3 formation that did it.
The top scorer in the league is Sheffield Wednesday's Marcus Tudgay who has 11 and Brighton's front two are joint second with 8 goals.

Brighton have lost just 3 games so far and won 8, and drawn 0, and the arrival of Jason Koumas will surely bolster the squad.

View attachment 85996

Manager:

I'm happy with the start we've made but there's still room for improvement as we've dropped points along the way and theres some great sides in this league who are all looking for promotion and we need to keep these level of performances up, and promotion is a geniuine possibillity as I really think we have one of the best squad's in the league.

View attachment 85997

attachment.php

Unidentified Striker joins Seagulls

Manager Richard Barnes of Brighton & Hove Albion has confirmed a signing of a "beastly striker" but hasn't yet confirmed who it is. The Seagulls have been linked with a number of strikers over the past year so it would be very hard to guess.
Barnes who is to join the ITV's Pundit team as part of their World Cup Coverage has said that he will only disclose the strikers identity after his role with ITV has finished.

couldnt you just let everyone know the strikers name now lol

Great stuff both of you. ;)

couldnt you just let everyone know the strikers name now lol

He won't be as good as Sebo, Brandy and Pitt anyway. ;)

Last time his amazing striker was Jamie Cureton, wonder what's next. ;)

attachment.php

Striker Revealed

Brighton & Hove Albion fans finally found out who their new striker is-Ben Hutchinson. Formerly of Middlesborough he was signed by manager Richard Barnes for an undisclosed fee from Scottish giants Celtic. Hutchinson made 5 league appearences without scoring and spent the whole of last season on loan to Dundee where in 40 games he netted 20 goals and bagged 10 assists. Speaking to reporters the 22-year-old said that "it is great to be here" as well as saying how relieved he was at leaving Celtic.

Barnes also announced the signing of Michael Noone for a fee of £200k from the Glenn Hoddle Academy. Noone, a former Milwall trialist stated that "it is great to be playing league football again".

Brandy > Sebo > Pitt > Proudlock > Hutchinson. ;)

Nah, I'm sure he'll do well.

brightonhove.png

October - November
[Change of updates]

I came to this club, wanting success, wanting to push myself to be the best and make the players the best, and make the fans proud of their football club.
We have gone down in the league table but we're still in a good solid position of 6th and in my opinion we're showing no signs of stopping our good form and we're looking a good case for a Championship side.
There's some great sides in this league such as Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth, Mk Dons and more, so we know we need to be prepared for every game as we may not get a chance like this again with this group of players.

What we mustn't do is perform like we did against Crystal Palace, where we lost 4-0 and there was one player who ran the game, Andros Townsend, who I admire and I'm surprised he's playing in this league as I honestly believe he can do a job for a few Premier League sides.

I'd like to say how well Damien Plessis has done, he must win at least 95% of his tackles and as we like to play a counter-attacking style, he is perfect for our squad, and with our forward players such as Drinkwater, Sebo, Brandy, O'Brien, we will cause teams problems on the break, and we need to show resilence at the back as our defence can be weak despite the experience.

We're still doing well, and showing no signs of stopping this good form.

- - - -

View attachment 86089

Hanging on to sixth place there Sam! But one win and you could go Second, soo.. Good Luck. Lovely Story. ;)

August Update

The start of a new season. And it all started off away against newly-promoted Stockport County. In all honesty if they continue to play they did that day they will just go straight back down. We won the game 4-1. Debutant Ben Hutchinson scored after just 2 minutes, captain Gary Dicker netted the second whereas Glenn Murray grabbed himself a brace. Stockport were absolutely garbage that day.

In the League Cup 1st Round, Bristol Rovers who thrashed us 5-1 on the last day of last season got a thumping themselves. We won 4-2 courtesy of goals from Craig Davies, another double from Murray and Andrew Crofts. This victory saw us progress to the next phase.

We dropped our first points of the season against Hartlepool United. A thoroughly exciting spectacle the game finished 2-2. Craig Davies and Glenn Murray finding themselves yet again on the scoresheet. Davies has been a revelation in the early stages of this season. He spent the whole of last season on loan to Port Vale and was definately showing his worth so far.

A suprise result against recently relegated Leicester City. A match they were expected to win ended up embarrisingly for them. We won the game 4-1. Ben Hutchinson, who has netted 2 goals and 3 assists since his arrival at the club opened the scoring. Craig Davies got himself two goals and Andrew Crofts completed the scoring.

I finally beat Exeter City in a tightly fought contest. Glenn Murray scored both goals in a 2-1 victory.
We were smashed 5-0 away to Bristol City however in the 2nd round of the League Cup. This poor performance brought an end to what has been a pretty good month...

Good update and thanks for doing it, as your save went.

Sorry for mithering you aswell. But "Stockport were garbage" **** off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.