Shakhtar Donetsk - Foreigners Out! A Ukrainian Story

Shakhtar

View attachment 370573

March 2014

League
Chornomorets 1 - 1 Shakhtar
Costa 80

Oh that was lucky as Costa gets us out of trouble late on in a comedown match after the bright lights of Old Trafford.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Zorya
Kryvtsov 14 Mkhitaryan 15 Adriano 63

A good win as we get our league campaign back on track.

League
Sevastopol 3 - 3 Shakhtar
Teixeria 4 Adriano 12 Chygrynskyi 79

We struggle to draw in the end after we take an early 2 lead and then fall apart at the beginning of the second half, this was not the result i wanted before i go into the tough week of Man Utd, Dnipro and Dynamo Kyiv.

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 2nd leg
Shakhtar 0 - 4 Man Utd

We get destroyed by Van Persie.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv
Mkhitaryan pen 70 Costa 86

We leave it late but we get the all important win against our biggest rival.

League
Dnipro 0 - 0 Shakhtar

Well i suppose it wasn't too bad we haven't changed anything though when i was hoping to widen the gap at the top.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Goverla
Adriano 24 Kucher 59

Glad that Adriano is picking up the goals with Eduardo out injuried but we have struggled this month.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370577

5 points clear with only six games left and we really need to stay focused now because the other teams around us will pounce quickly on any dropped points.

Stats

View attachment 370578

Shakhtar

View attachment 370680

April 2014

League
Metalutg D 2 - 5 Shakhtar
Kucher 11 Konoplyanka 25, 71 Teixeria 34 Kryvtsov 80

We destroy them to get the month of to a good start and need only win 3 of the last 5 matches.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Illichivets
Adriano 6 Teixeria 53

Another important win as we are down to needing 2 wins and the title is ours.

Ukrainian Cup Quarter Final
Dnipro 2 - 1 Shakhtar
Tymoschuk 71
Rakitiskyi sent off 74

View attachment 370681

It just doesnt seem like the Cup is our competition, in the end Dynamo Kyiv retained the Cup.

League
Stal Alchevsk 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Costa 8 Grechyshkin 70
Stepeneko sent off 89

God my players like getting sent off after the match is settled but we are all but secure now of retaining the league with a win in our next game securing us the title.

League
Shakhtar 4 - 0 Metalist
Rakitskyi 22 Adriano 36, 82 Kryvtsov 49

And we do it, we win the league with 2 games to spare after simply destroying Metalist in this match and Adriano again gets all the plaudits.

View attachment 370682

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370683

We end the month 10 points clear at the top as Dynamo played twice after we won our last game.

Stats

View attachment 370684

Adriano has all but secured the golden boot 5 goals clear of second place with only two games remaining.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 370685

May 2014

League
Tavria 0 - 2 Shakhtar
Mkhitaryan 39 Adriano 45

Another good win as the team dont let the fact that the league is won slow them down and we are now 18 games unbeaten in the league with our last loss coming in September last year.

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Metalurg Zp
Adriano 23, 45 Chyzhov 77

Another good win as even 6th choice centre back Chyzhov gets in on the goalscoring action with Adriano banging in another brace.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 370686

This season we dominated the league and we ended up a massive 14 points clear at the top of the table despite my limited transfer policy.

Stats

View attachment 370687

Adrian Wins League Top Goalscorer with 21 goals in 26 games

View attachment 370688

Despite winning the league by a massive margin we still only get 3 players in the Team of the Year!

View attachment 370689

Shakhtar

View attachment 370690

End Of Season 2014

Shakhtar Squad

View attachment 370691

Top Goalscorer - Luiz Adriano 22 goals in 35 games

View attachment 370692

Adriano stormed the league for us this season and pushed Eduardo into the shadows.

Player of the Year - Olexandr Kucher

View attachment 370693

Best Young Player Sergiy Kryvtsov

View attachment 370694

We do have 11 players in the Ukrainian Squad for the World Cup

View attachment 370695

Mkhitaryan Wants to Leave

View attachment 370696

Well he wants to leave now and as hes not Ukrainian im happy to let him go and i already have his ready made replacement in the squad in the form of Roman Bezus, i will try and bring in the obvious trio of Selezynov, Yaremelenko and Garmash but i cant see it happening.​

Shakhtar

View attachment 370697

New Season 2014

Season Expectations

View attachment 370698

Well i was expecting more as you will see soon i raked in £25million worth of transfers before the window yet only get £17million that will not even get me one of my transfer targets!

We release 47 players across our 4 sides

View attachment 370699

Ukrainian Manager Leaves Post

View attachment 370700

Despite winning 2 league titles in a row they laugh off my interest!

View attachment 370701

Pointless Transfer

View attachment 370702

Transfer post next

Never heard of a 100% sell on clause, sounds like a Peter Ridsdale style transfer

Never heard of a 100% sell on clause, sounds like a Peter Ridsdale style transfer
I know he was in Shakhtar 3 and was never going to get near the first team, typical Brazilian though being owned by a person not a club!

Shakhtar

View attachment 370965

Summer Transfers - 2014

So i didnt really bring anyone in as we have a lot of youth coming through and i couldnt sign who i wanted to,

Dmytro Martynov AMC £725k

View attachment 370966

A young up and coming AMC who will be loaned out but has plenty of potential.

Igor Chaykoykshi MC £12million

View attachment 370967

He is actually a former Shakhtar prospect, he played well for me on previous saves, a lot of the youth prospects from around 3 years ago have poor stats now but i still like them such as Butko, Stepeneko and Vitsenets.

Andy Carroll ST - Loan

I know he is not Ukrainian! But this summer has been frustrating with not being able to bring in my preffered targets and i have only brought the one foreigner in and sold 3 so we are more Ukrainian after this deal, i only decided to go for him if i sold Dentinho and Eduardo, Dentinho just didnt play for me and Eduardo had another 3 years to run on silly wages despite being an injury prone 31 year old.
I first off went for Dzeko who is transfer listed at £4.8million but couldnt afford his wages and i couldnt afford Carrolls but they only want 20% of his wages paid, if he does well i may try and sign him in the next summer
View attachment 370968

Ukrainian League Top Transfers

View attachment 370972

What do you all think of the deals?

Bringing in Andy Carroll is an interesting one, did well to rake in so much from sales too!! Well done for last season too buddy :)

Bringing in Andy Carroll is an interesting one, did well to rake in so much from sales too!! Well done for last season too buddy :)
i know i thought Shakhtar were a sugar daddy club but i need to sell before i can buy at the moment, keep up with the story and you will see the Mighty Carroll!

Shakhtar

View attachment 371002

July 2014

Ukrainian Super Cup
Dynamo Kyiv 1 - 3 Shakhtar
Rakitskyi 36 Adriano 38 Konoplyanka 90

We comfortably beat our biggest rivals to win our first piece of silverware for the season and set a new record for most Ukrainian Super Cups won.

League
Chornomorets 0 - 0 Shakhtar
Grechyshkin sent off 12

Well its not how i wanted to start the new season but when Grechy got sent off so early on we were lucky to hold on to the draw​

Shakhtar

View attachment 371018

August 2014

League
Shakhtar 5 - 0 Metalist
Carroll 4 Bezus 18 Costa 38, 77 Kryvtsov 66

What a demolition! Bezus gets his first goal for the club and Carroll scores 4 minutes into his debut!

League
Karpaty 0 - 1 Shakhtar
Costa 91

After the destruction in the last match we really struggled in this match but Costa got us out of bother with a very late winner.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv
Kryvtsov 2 Carroll 20

We keep up our good form against Dynamo after beating them comfortably twice in less than a month.

League
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Illichivets
Adriano 53 Zozulya 87

Another great win as we set the record for longest unbeaten run in the league with our last defeat to Illichivets 11 months ago.

View attachment 371022

League
Zorya 0 - 6 Shakhtar
Teixeira 17 Costa 30, 66 Vitsenets 45 Bezus pen 48 Carroll 70

What a massive win as we destroy another side and Caroll is looking key to our success.

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371023

We are top of the table at the moment but it means little at this early stage.

Stats

View attachment 371024

Carroll has an amazing 3 goals and 4 assists in 5 games so far!

Vitsenets will miss 4 months!

View attachment 371025

Champions League Groups Drawn

View attachment 371026

A straightforward group really smash Videoton, beat Marseille and try and ****** a point from Barca​

Sweet updates mate. You going to continue this thread after FM14 comes out or are you going to move it onto there?

This is a GREAT save, I can't wait to see more updates! c:

Sweet updates mate. You going to continue this thread after FM14 comes out or are you going to move it onto there?
It wont come out til like November? Doubt i will keep this save up that look but its definetly my most enjoyable one especially with the relatively small season

Shakhtar

View attachment 371137

September 2014

League
Shakhtar 3 - 0 Sevastopol
Kryvtsov 55 Zozulya 74 Carroll 79

Another emphatic win as having depth in the squad helps change the game with bringing on Carroll and Zozulya.

Champions League Groups
Shakhtar 1 - 2 Marseille
Carroll 46
Chaykovskyi sent off 52

Not the start i wanted in Europe this season, Carroll scored just after the break but after the sending off they dominated and ultimately got the decisive goals despite us keeping 11 men behind the ball!

League
Tavria 0 - 3 Shakhtar
Bezus 36, 67 Stepenko 89

Another good win in the league to keep up the unbeaten run which has just past the one year mark.

Ukrainian Cup 2nd rnd
Zhem. Yalta 1 - 3 Shakhtar
Fedotov 20, 86 Zozulya 36
Barvinko sent off 89

Barvinko was tutored by Srna before leaving and he has picked up his trait of getting sent off in pointless fouls once the game is won

League
Shakhtar 5 - 0 Vorskla
Konoplyanka 7 Carroll 31, 39 Costa 34 Teixeira 86

What another massive victory for us, the two Brazilians have really impressed me in this save, maybe in previous years i havent given them time to develop because i have been able to spend big money on better players

Ukrainian League Table

View attachment 371138

4 points clear at the top after 9 games having only conceded one goal and scoring an average of 3 goals a game.

Stats

View attachment 371139

Its all about Costa and Carroll with 12 goals and 10 assists between them!​

1. Mkhitarian going to DORTMUND. - One of the many reasons I love FM is that its so realistic!
2. Great story. Inspired me to do a double save (together with Aston Villa) with a summer updates as they both have quite good squads (Wellington Nem/Ferreyra etc have come to Shaktar).

Hopefully you ll do better in cup comps/cl as you ll no doubt own the league again ...

1. Mkhitarian going to DORTMUND. - One of the many reasons I love FM is that its so realistic!
2. Great story. Inspired me to do a double save (together with Aston Villa) with a summer updates as they both have quite good squads (Wellington Nem/Ferreyra etc have come to Shaktar).

Hopefully you ll do better in cup comps/cl as you ll no doubt own the league again ...
I know and i think they paid the exact same fee too! Someone else said about the update for Shakhtar and i couldnt believe the money they had spent! Cup competitions i guess shows my squads lack of focus the champs league draws have been tough for us and in the cup we have gone out to big sides in Dnipro and Dynamo and by that point i guess my team is too knackered, same with my old Man Utd story i always struggled with the FA Cup

I know and i think they paid the exact same fee too! Someone else said about the update for Shakhtar and i couldnt believe the money they had spent! Cup competitions i guess shows my squads lack of focus the champs league draws have been tough for us and in the cup we have gone out to big sides in Dnipro and Dynamo and by that point i guess my team is too knackered, same with my old Man Utd story i always struggled with the FA Cup

For cup success:

1. Have bigger squad.
2. Rotate in League rather than in cup (esp against weaker opponents and when you have healthy points lead).
3. Never rotate too drastically anyway.

Just my thots btw ...