A New Era

View attachment 50416

Newcastle have the honour of being the first team to visit the SAF Park for a competitive game.

7 goals later I doubt they felt that honoured...

View attachment 50415

View attachment 50414

Sam suffers a bit of a serious injury. He needs to stay injury free to have any chance of breaking Ryan Giggs' record.

View attachment 50413

We set a new attendance record in Europe too..

View attachment 50412

... and gate receipts. £6m. Ka-ching!

View attachment 50411

1300 MUFC GAMES

View attachment 50266

20 YEARS

Just before game 1300 I celebrated 20 years in charge of Man Utd.

View attachment 50265

In doing so I unlocked another Steam achievement called DESIGN A SON.

View attachment 50264

As I already have Sam Ferguson I can't benefit from this achievement in this game. However if will come in handy on a new save further down the line.

2054 UCL

View attachment 50244

We progress through to another final, our 18th in a row.

Getting there we beat Benfica 6-2 in Portugal, Liverpool 4-0 at SAF Park and demolished Real Madrid 7-0 at home in the semis.

View attachment 50243

View attachment 50242

An all-English final turned into a scrappy affair and wasn't decided until injury time when former Everton strikers John Davies snatched a late winner

2053/54 Domestic

View attachment 50240

Our lowest points tally in nearly 10 years. An early-ish FA Cup exit also points to a below standard season compared to our usual high standards.

View attachment 50238

Usually when we slightly under perform it is when the three strikers stop firing and this was the case again this season with only two players on the scoring chart.

View attachment 50239

The new SAF Park saw us break the average attendance record.

View attachment 50241

SQUAD STATS

View attachment 50237

SAM FERGUSON

View attachment 50236

Only 9 goals in the league and 28 appearances, 10 short of the 38 a season he will need to break Ryan Giggs' appearance record.

He will soon be coming under pressure from the Class of '52's star man Garry Westwood. I can't hold him back for long.

View attachment 50235

You keep unlocking features I didn't even realise existed. Design-a-son actually exists in FM18!

2054/55 UCL

View attachment 50029

Another final! Our 19th consecutive final. We've only lost 3 to date.

We were in danger early on after losing 1-0 to Atletico in the first leg. A 3-0 win at SAF Park saw us through. Inter were whooped 5-2 at SAF Park and poor Barcelona were beaten 3-1 and 3-0 over the two legs. A bit of payback as either Barca or PSG are constantly sniffing around my best players forcing me to give out new contracts early than I would like.

THE FINAL

View attachment 50028

View attachment 50027

View attachment 50026

CHAMPIONS!!

The scoreline doesn't reflect the dominance we had over Madrid and we really should have put this game to bed a long long time before Madrid set up a nervy final few minutes with their second goal in injury.

Our hero today Thiago Margues is one of those players being courted by Barcelona. He is entering the final year of his contract and he may well be sold this summer. This was a nice parting gift.

20 TIMES

View attachment 50025

2054/55 Domestic

View attachment 50011

We bettered last season's 92 point total which was our lowest in a decade. Despite finishing with 2 points extra the chasing pack never got going and we cruised to the league by 16 points in the end.

Elsewhere, there was nothing to see really as we won EVERYTHING!

View attachment 50010

Aykt Yilmaz tops the charts again. The animal has now scored 35, 33, 33 and 27 league goals in his last four seasons. I like to see my three strikers all in contention for the golden boot but only Bolaise starts. The other two positions are shared among the others to keep everyone happy. I may look to trim the front line over the summer and get back to 3 or 4 regular starters.

View attachment 50009

Bolasie was the main man this season without a doubt.

View attachment 50008

SAM FERGUSON

A much better season for Sam also who finishes with 15 league goals in 33 games and joined the 200 club. He missed 5 games through injury and suspension. He will turn 27 over the summer and is on 377 league games. To beat Giggs' 672 he needs the full 38 game season for another 7+ seasons. To have a chance of beating the record he needs to play until he is about 35. It is going to be very tight.

View attachment 50007

Class of '52

Garry Westwood

View attachment 49999

Golden Boy winner!

However progress has been slow this season due to fierce competition, my preference of Sam Ferguson starting every league game to try to beat Giggs' record and a few injuries have meant Westwood has struggled for games.

View attachment 49998

As a result I have listed him for loan to get some matches and their are no shortage of suitors.

View attachment 49997

Eventually he joins West Brom in the Premier League as they were the only club who have offered him a starting spot.

View attachment 49996

The scouts will be watching him closely to see how he gets on.

As I have more money than I can spend...

View attachment 49990

... I have added the Irish league to the game.

As we approach £1b in the bank the club 'invests' about £300m. As I get no benefit from this 'investment' I have personally decided to instead invest the money in my home league and see if I can improve its standard and the quality of Irish players in the game.

To do this I will be snapping up any decent Irish youth player. As the league is just added we will have to wait until next December for the first batch of youth graduates but I will invest in Sligo Rovers for the time being to get things started.

View attachment 49989

View attachment 49988

Obviously no where near the required quality but £5m in the Sligo bank to improve the squad and training facilities (hopefully)

Meanwhile we are in a title race this season!

View attachment 49987

We lost 2 of our first 3 games (away to Liverpool and away to City) as I tried a more attacking approach trying to get mores goals for the strikers. It is fair to say that wasn't working so back to basics and we've won 16 league games on the trot but still trail City.

TITLE SIX POINTER

View attachment 49959

City were looking unstoppable and a win here for them would have seen them open up a 10 point lead.

We couldn't allow that as we battered them with Sam getting a hat-trick to continue his sensational form.

View attachment 49958

View attachment 49957

View attachment 49956

22 goals in 19 league games (a goal every 55 minutes as he is often subbed off between half time and 65 minutes).

He tops the charts and is well on the way to beating his best season in 2049 when he finished with 27 goals and the Golden Boot.

View attachment 49955

Key to his upturn in form was me training him to copy the now retired Peter Ledsham player traits. He bagged 370 league goals during his career so if it works for him it should work for others.

View attachment 49954

Would like to see Luka Adzic's attributes and manager history, if not a problem.