Getting to the Champions League Final seemed to come out of nowhere haha, will be pretty difficult to match that again next season.

Also I've seen in your post a couple of days ago that Scotland are rising up the nation coefficients table. Are 6 teams from the SPL playing in Europe? In my save we should have 3 teams enter the Champions League at various stages and 3 more teams should go into the Europa League at different points but only the top 5 in the league qualify for Europe...

Getting to the Champions League Final seemed to come out of nowhere haha, will be pretty difficult to match that again next season.

Also I've seen in your post a couple of days ago that Scotland are rising up the nation coefficients table. Are 6 teams from the SPL playing in Europe? In my save we should have 3 teams enter the Champions League at various stages and 3 more teams should go into the Europa League at different points but only the top 5 in the league qualify for Europe...

Only 5 for me too

View attachment 58606

2026 WORLD CUP

View attachment 58604

An opening win against the mighty Brazil with 10 men for most of the second half. WOW

View attachment 58603

View attachment 58602

We brush aside the two smaller nations with great ease. Ollie Burke with 5 goals is in the Golden Boot running and we stretch our unbeaten run to a huge 16 games

View attachment 58601
_________

- SECOND ROUND -

View attachment 58600

The fairly tale ends here. Already 2-0 down before the red card so I can't blame Robbo.

A shame as after the defeat of Brazil I thought we could have went right into the latter stages.

________

End of the Line

View attachment 58599

I flaunted the idea of quitting the national team after the tournament early last season I feel the time is right to fully concentrate on Aberdeen (and getting the United job asap)

I leave with a ridiculous record in my two years in charge:

View attachment 58598View attachment 58597View attachment 58596

2026/27 - Aberdeen

Key Transfers

Much of our early success at Aberdeen (and St Mirren actually) was playing the loan market well.

I still get my four loan signings in per season even if only to add a bit of depth to the squad.

Now, with some £80m in the bank, I look to the bosman market alongside one or two big purchases.

Filipe Salomao - £14m from Coritiba

View attachment 58594

Sergio Rodriguez - Free from Real Sociedad

View attachment 58593

Greg Bishop - Free from Man City

View attachment 58592
Greg was one of my loan signings two years ago, featuring over 50 times on the way to a league and cup double.

PERFECT UCL GROUP STAGE

View attachment 58580

It looked another tough draw to be honest but we finish it 6 and 0 for the first time. Perhaps a first place finish will give us an easy knockout round draw, for once

THE INVINCIBLES??

View attachment 58579

We are now far too good for Scotland. If I'm waiting long enough for the Man Utd job we will do 10 in a row.

Another team looking for an unbeaten season are Man Utd, unfortunately for me.

View attachment 58578

Jose is back to his best. I may have to wait for him to retire before the job becomes available.

However he is about to turn 64 now and has 18 months on his £250,000 a week contract

SO MUCH FOR AN EASY DRAW!

View attachment 58576

A local consortium took over the club after about 12 months of on-off talks. Sadly no Russian billionaire but they answer one request...

View attachment 58577

We are still 12 month away from the completion of the planning stage of a new stadium

2026/27 - Aberdeen

Key Transfers

Much of our early success at Aberdeen (and St Mirren actually) was playing the loan market well.

I still get my four loan signings in per season even if only to add a bit of depth to the squad.

Now, with some £80m in the bank, I look to the bosman market alongside one or two big purchases.

Filipe Salomao - £14m from Coritiba

View attachment 1155730

Sergio Rodriguez - Free from Real Sociedad

View attachment 1155731

Greg Bishop - Free from Man City

View attachment 1155732
Greg was one of my loan signings two years ago, featuring over 50 times on the way to a league and cup double.

Our goalkeeper Sergio Rodriguez (see above) who only arrived in the summer on a free is off already after Juventus activated the £17.25m release clause I had to include in order to get Sergio to sign in the first place.

View attachment 58573

Rather than splash the cash on the best keeper willing to come to Aberdeen I have took a gamble and recalled our hot prospect keeper from his loan spell at Ross County.

View attachment 58572

Greg Bishop, also signed in the summer on a free, had his release clause of £19.25m by Jose Mourinho. I had to give him £110,000 a week to stay, but his clause is now £40m. He wont be here for long on those wages.

IMMOVABLE OBJECT

View attachment 58564

View attachment 58563

UCL KNOCKOUT ROUND

View attachment 58566

View attachment 58565

WOW. I expect to dominate domestically but the performances in Europe still surprise me. The Italians giants become the latest victim in our huge winning streak, the second leg here was win number 43 in a row.

We have won every single game since defeat in last years Champions League final. We are in March! Truly unbelievable.

Hopefully the bosses at Old Trafford are watching. Jose still has Utd top of the league, 10 points clear of everyone else. However he has yet to be offered a new contract and has only little over 12 months on his current contract.

Could he be retiring??

View attachment 58559

No fairy tale run to the final this year as Chelsea first end our winning streak of 46 games in a row after a 0-0 first leg result. I was worried here as our home form in European ties is usually the platform for a decent second leg result.

However an empathic Chelsea display sees us bow out of Europe at the quarter final stage and our 49 games without a loss streak goes with it.

The second leg was also my 300th game in charge. Not the best way to celebrate.

View attachment 58560

2026/27 - Aberdeen

The Manager of the Month award gives an insight into how this season has went..

View attachment 58542

View attachment 58540
View attachment 58541

Almost the perfect league campaign with Hibs the only team to take points off us in a 3-3 draw the game after we got knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea.

The police were called after we were robbed in the Scottish Cup final by Dundee
(a typical FM result, 4 shots on target, 4 goals. If the same rules applied to the player then I would have won this game 10-4)

View attachment 58539

View attachment 58538

2027/28 - Aberdeen

Transfers In

A quiet window with only Rodriguez (£2.1m) and Angel Alvarez (£2.5m) coming in. Angel was on loan last year from Madrid and scored 41 goals in 49 games. Thankfully I agreed the price as part of his loan deal!

View attachment 58533

View attachment 58532

Greg Bishop was again the target of Jose Mourinho. I upped his £16.25m release to £40.5m. This didn't bother Jose who met it so I had to give Bishop £130k a week and a new £57m release clause to keep him. At least if he leaves in the next window or two we will be well compensated for a player who cost nothing.

Last edited:
In a possible fresh twist...

My plan was always to follow the follow Fergie's path from East Stirlingshire to St Mirren to Aberdeen then finally Man Utd.

Given that Jose will have been in charge for 16 years by the time his latest contract expires I may add one change, albeit a massive one, to this career.

View attachment 58527

When Fergie took over Man Utd on 6th November 1986 they were 4th from bottom.

As I wait on Jose to retire and ride into the sunset I might add the following career criteria:

• [*=center]If the team 4th bottom of the Premier League has no manager on November 6th any season I might take the job and try to match Fergie's Man Utd record with this new team

This will depend on how close Jose is to the end of his own Man Utd reign

Last edited:
A FIFTH LEAGUE CUP

View attachment 58488

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 58487

A great achievement to top a very tough group and we got some vengeance over Chelsea who eliminated us last year

View attachment 58489

TWO UNBEATEN SEASONS IN A ROW??

View attachment 58486

Despite the unbeaten start we have kept very few clean sheets and have nearly conceded more than we did in the entire of last season (granted that was only 16 goals). Perhaps promoting young Alex Wilson to 1st choice keeper has come too soon.

Jose is till the man south of the border

View attachment 58485

Last edited: