Sir Alex Ferguson: His Career

• Thread starter Thread starter ILoveLamp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 470
  • Views Views 90K
View attachment 58235

View attachment 58234

Our home form always was immense and it bailed us out several times in our early European adventures.

Now, in front of 54000 people, we have just set a new record win removing ourselves from the history book at the same time for record loss.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We topped a group consisting of Real Madrid, Hoffenheim and Torino with 5 wins and 1 draw (away to Madrid).

- KNOCKOUT ROUNDS -

First Knockout Round

View attachment 58184

View attachment 58181

In between the comfortable defeats of Porto we set a couple of records:

View attachment 58183

View attachment 58182

- Quarter Final -

View attachment 58180

View attachment 58179

What can I say? Two bad days at the office. Back-to-back winners medals and 3 final in 4 years so I did not see this coming as we exit at the quarter final stage.

We sold a few players including Greg Bishop (possibly the best box to box midfielder in the game) and Albert Rubio (one of the best centre backs around) for over £100m combined. Perhaps I am to blame for failing to replace these quality players.

We also came into the PSG games with no available left back as our 1st and 2nd choice were both injured and the two youth prospects were out on season long loans.

2029/30 - Aberdeen

A domestic clean sweep, unbeaten league campaign and a World Club Cup, yet this season is a bit of a failure as we fail to get past the quarter finals of the Champions League.

As I am nearing the end of my Aberdeen stay we already have a new stadium (current capacity 54000 with the potential for 77000) so I don't really need money so maybe its time to bring so big names to the club and cement ourselves as one of Europe's biggest clubs.

In other words, no longer a selling club!!

View attachment 58178

View attachment 58177

View attachment 58175

View attachment 58176

UTD 3RD - JOSE UNDER PRESSURE!!

View attachment 58174

View attachment 58173

Mourinho finished 3rd in the 2024/25 season and came under severe pressure back then. I though it was time yet he survived and won 4 leagues in a row.

Here we are again. 3rd in the league and possibly on the way out

THE SPECIAL ONE

HEREBY KNOWN AS THE PERSISTENT ONE

A summer of speculation over his job but Jose once again survives to start the new season in charge of Manchester United. This will be his 15th season at Old Trafford. Aged 67 he still has two years left on his contract

FURTHER EXPANSION

View attachment 58172

We are catching up on Old Trafford at this rate.

2030/31 - Aberdeen

Transfers

Vasily Ignatovich
£22.5m from Liverpool

View attachment 58171

Valter Iauca
£14m from Corinthians

View attachment 58170

Ousmane Diop
On loan from PSG

View attachment 58169

The only outs were players we actually wanted to sell, including some of my first signings Tuanzabe and Slattery. The club and playing staff have somewhat out grown these two who are in their 30s now anyway.

Another milestone soon follows as I reach 700 games in the dugout spanning spells at East Stirlingshire, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Scotland.

View attachment 57896

Sadly the players don't give me a day to remember as we lose to Celtic and our unbeaten record ends before the magic 100 number

View attachment 57895

2031 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 57894

1st knockout round

View attachment 57893

View attachment 57892

Over after the first leg with an empathetic performance in Turin.

Celtic bow out here against Man Utd. Hearts don't make it out of the group.

Quarter Finals

View attachment 57891

View attachment 57890

Again, the damage is done in the first leg. To think our away form once gave me sleepless nights

Semi Finals

European rivals Chelsea again, the 15th time we've met in Europe during my time at Aberdeen!

View attachment 57889

View attachment 57888

An end to end tussle at the Bridge had the tie set up nicely but 4 first half goals in the second league ends our latest battle soundly.

PSG in the final, our 4th final in 6 years

79 goal striker injured!!

View attachment 57886
Signed on a free from Roma. 57 (!) league goals in 31 games this season. 79 in total for the year and 56 goals last season. He has 95 league goals for Aberdeen, the club record is 136. He could beat that in less than 3 seasons!

He's already a legend at Aberdeen and became the first player to win the Ballon D'Or.

View attachment 57887

2031 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

View attachment 57846

Our 4th final in 6 years. PSG knocked us out at the quarter final stage last year but our record is good against them:

View attachment 57843

View attachment 57845

CHAMPIONS!!

We steal victory from the clutches of defeat. A dull first 60 minutes came alive but Jadon Sancho's 90th minute goal looked to have gave PSG the trophy. However, unbelievably we grabbed a 92nd minute equaliser!

FERGIE TIME!

We managed two more in extra time and claimed a 3rd Champions League triumph

View attachment 57844

2030/31 - Aberdeen

View attachment 57829

No unbeaten season but we now have 8 leagues in a row and closing in on Celtic's 11 in a row record.

View attachment 57828

Mattia Colombo!! WOW

View attachment 57827

View attachment 57826

View attachment 57824

Man Utd and Mourinho had a disastrous season by their usual high standards finishing 4th, losing the FA Cup final to Man City and exiting Europe at the quarter finals to Chelsea.

View attachment 57825

Oddly though his job isn't under threat unlike the previous two times he finished outside of the top 2.

Jose is 68 now and in the final year of his contract. Could next season be his last??

2031/32 - Aberdeen

Transfers

Out

Marc Jobling goes to join Mourinho for £48.5m (signed on a free). His goals per game ratio was fantastic but always seemed to be injured so no hesitation in accepting huge profit.

View attachment 57723

View attachment 57722

______

IN

With the Jobling money I signed Wright from Utd for £16.25m. Not a great deal of difference between the two but hopefully Wright manages more than 25 games a season.

View attachment 57721

Elton Varela - free from Chelsea

View attachment 57720

Tom Laskowski - £13.25 from Stoke

Tom already has over 100 appearances for Aberdeen over 4 loan spells earlier in his career. He joins a different beast now.

View attachment 57719

Back