After being rejected by Man Utd, the job I've been waiting 10 seasons for, I am in limbo a bit.

Such is my rage at Utd I am considering taking another Premier League job and knocking Utd off their f*cking perch!

_________

The summer window passed in a daze. I start the season at Aberdeen but don't know if I will be here much longer.

The team try to convince me to stay with a devastating Super Cup performance

View attachment 57547

Fergie managed Aberdeen for 459 games. I've long passed that figure.

View attachment 57546

Hahaha as if they chose Emery over you! Surely, surely this time they'll appoint you

View attachment 57524

SECOND TIME LUCKY!!

After being rejected last summer in favour of Unai Emery I almost quit the game.

Thankfully for me, but unfortuantely for the club, Emery was a disaster leaving the club just over 9 months later in 10th position and in total disarray.

The Path to OT

View attachment 57520

View attachment 57523

Almost 1000 games! Took Fergie 655 to get here and then he didn't leave for 1500 more.

The Beast I leave behind

View attachment 57522

View attachment 57521
Turned Aberdeen into the world's biggest club with 4 Champions Leagues and 12 leagues in a row. The biggest club stadium in Britain, bigger than Old Trafford and one of the biggest in the world.

To match and ultimately surpass Fergie's record at Man Utd I will set some targets to keep aiming for (in no particular order)

• Return Utd to the top of the English and European stage
  • Beat Fergie's 1500 games in charge
  • Win more than Fergie's 13 Premier Leagues, 5 FA Cups and 2 Champions Leagues
  • Make Old Trafford the biggest stadium in Europe (or get a new one built)
  • Beat Sir Bobby's 199 goal record
  • Try to beat Ryan Giggs' 672 appearance record
  • Generate A Son unlock - have a player retire after 10 years service
  • Manage my son

Took them long enough...but yeah, you pretty much achieved everything Fergie acheived with United...at Aberdeen.

Reading your story made me want to start my own, read it from start to finish and what a journey already! Looking forward to see how you get on at Man United :)

What a journey so far, what talent will you try and poach from Aberdeen?

What a journey so far, what talent will you try and poach from Aberdeen?

There will be a few yes. Hopefully they are cheap too as when I was in charge at Aberdeen the bids for my world class players were a joke. With the AI now in charge of Aberdeen perhaps they will accept similar **** bids

Obviously Emery leaves me a club in 10th position, out of the Champions League and struggling for any kind of European football next year.

However, Mourinho has an trophy-laden spell before him.

View attachment 57447

Some of the current squad are beasts:

We are a bit light at the back as I like pacey ball playing defenders. Our keeper too is the wrong side of 30 and will be replaced soon. In fact most of the squad are closer to 30 than I would like. In true Fergie fashion the kids will be introduced ASAP.

No Champions League football next season could have a negative bearing on my first transfer budgets

Elsewhere, I seen a news article about a Man Utd youngster becoming the clubs all time youngest player.

View attachment 1155062

He must be good I said.

Well..

He's much better than that!!

View attachment 1155063

Hopefully he is still there by the time I get to Old Trafford

I mentioned this kid breaking the Man Utd youngest goalscorer record back in 2022 (12 years ago now in game).

I wanted him to still be here but money bags PSG have him (he scored a couple of times against me at Aberdeen)

View attachment 57434

View attachment 57433

My first signing at United is a strange one.

My old Aberdeen warhorse Marcus McGuane is coming in on a free. He is 35 but he was with me for almost all my Aberdeen career and is on the brink of retirement. I hope he can unlock the Generate A Son achievement for me to have a little Alex Ferguson running around Old Trafford.

View attachment 57432

Season 2033/34 - Man Utd

We were 10th when I took over, 9 points off a top 6 finish and 18 off 4th spot.

View attachment 57423

A 100% winning start to the Fergie era saw us close the gap and secure some kind of European football for next season. The gap from us to 4th was 18 points but we managed to close that down to 9 in only 7 games so the future could be bright.

And just the small matter of an FA Cup Final as well.

View attachment 57425

View attachment 57424

-- 2034 FA CUP FINAL --

View attachment 57422

View attachment 57421

At least Emery wasn't a total failure as he guided the club to the FA Cup quarter final before being given the boot.

I dispatched Everton in the semis (had a few job offers from them over the years)

Leicester in the final in only my 9th game but the tone was set early with an empathetic win. Trophy number 1 already!

Meanwhile, back at Aberdeen another Champions League is secured without me!!

View attachment 57420

2034/35 - Man Utd

Transfers

View attachment 57416

Former club Aberdeen were raided, though they gave me some money back for a winger I have no use for.

View attachment 57415

View attachment 57414

As expected the finances have took a hit with no Champions League football this year. The signings have strengthened the squad no doubt but my first priority this season is trimming the squad and its £4.5m a week wage bill.

________

View attachment 57413

The kids will be given a chance to prove themselves in the Europa League. I'll only take it serious if we reach the semi finals

A TITLE RACE

View attachment 57380

It's better than 10th I suppose.

We were top but a draw and 2 defeats in our last three games gives Liverpool the advantage.

January Reinforcements

Nathan Phillips - £14m from Newcastle
The best available keeper who didn't cost at least £80m

View attachment 57384

Gonzalo Fernandez - £57m from Dortmund
One of the better ball playing defenders available. He would damage knee ligaments 7 games later and be out for the next 8 months. Great!

View attachment 57383

Tarik Turan - £71m from Bayern
Most of our dropped points have came in games we dominated but missed chance after chance. Hopefully £71m of striker fixes that.

View attachment 57382

Without the Champions League money we had to fund the transfers with some sales.

Dlamini we gave away to get rid of his £300k a week wages
Costa was a number 10 in a formation without number 10s
Ferreira only started twice. Don't know what Barcelona have seen here.

View attachment 57381

Also signed some 17/18 year olds for the future, trying to find the next Ronaldo or Pogba. Even with the signings we have shaved half a million a week off the wage bill. That's it down to £4m now!

Good to see it hasn't taken you too long to put right last seasons mess. Whose in charge at Newcastle these days?