After gray success with both Derby and Liverpool, i will now try this brilliant tactic on a save with Atletico Madrid. Got tired of England and i think Atletico is a good choice. They have lost some quality players and i need to build a new squad. Will make updates.

This tactic has been amazing for me (the original tactic on opening post). I am playing with almost only regens in my first line-up. Scoring TREMENDOUS amount of goals and conceeding very little. The key for me has been the wingers, the wingers i am playing with is originally strikers but repositioned. My striker was 15 years old when he win the top goalscorer of the premier ship, he is a big guy 197 and 19 in heading. He still needs to improve a lot to become a world class striker ´, but a good targetman seems like a good player for this tactic.
View attachment 334626View attachment 334625View attachment 334624View attachment 334623View attachment 334622

Is there a way to make the striker score more goals ? Does changing his role affect the tactic's performance ?

Is there a way to make the striker score more goals ? Does changing his role affect the tactic's performance ?

The role and individuals instructions affects it's performance off course because he will play different.
I'm after a good tactic were my striker would score most of my goals but... can't find one.. :p
If some one could tell me one good tactic for that it will be great ;)

One of the thing that I have realized is, as all players including MRLC / AMRLC and ST is marked at the opposition instructions, your players create spaces for the opposition. Therefore, if you are conceding a lot you may try to select "No specific instruction" for marking for aforementioned opposition players. It radically changed my game.

p.s. I mark only for central midfielders because my midfielders prevent opposition's quick attacks by standing close to them.

Last edited:
One of the thing that I have realized is, as all players including MRLC / AMRLC and ST is marked at the opposition instructions, your players create spaces for the opposition. Therefore, if you are conceding a lot you may try to select "No specific instruction" for marking for aforementioned opposition players. It radically changed my game.

p.s. I mark only for central midfielders because my midfielders prevent opposition's quick attacks by standing close to them.

can you explain a bit more.....I've been trying lots of different tactics on fm 14 and I genuinely believe that the secret to winning is in oi and marking.

are you saying don't have specific marking instructions for attack players....St amc aml amr etc...?
sound like you mark the midfielders only?

Last edited:
The secret is being patient. Do not change your tactic anytime. At the and you will start to have good results. Lots of things affect having good results. Not only tactic. Play long time with same squad, Older and younger players together.Right players right positions. Have good captain. Players morale. Having good players. Your media handling. Player conversations. Training system. Good trainers.Trainers working together a long time. Giving players right instructions. Giving younger players great idol models. Little changes affect short term but not long term .

Last edited:
can you explain a bit more.....I've been trying lots of different tactics on fm 14 and I genuinely believe that the secret to winning is in oi and marking.

are you saying don't have specific marking instructions for attack players....St amc aml amr etc...?
sound like you mark the midfielders only?

assume that opposition plays 4-2-3-1.

I mark only the 2 midfielders and do not select particular marking for 3 attacking midfielders and striker.

for instance, if the opposition plays with 4-4-2, i do not mark two strikers and two wingers on the midfield. yet, I prefer to mark two central midfielders. the reason that i prefer marking two central midfielders is, if my players loose the ball during the attack, handling with opposition wingers is more easy rather than midfielders. because, there are two players on the wingers (AML/R and Full Backs). somehow, at least they create pressure and gain some time to cover at back. Yet, if the opposition central midfielders beat any of my player on the midfield position, they will directly gain a chance. therefore, i prefer my central defenders to stand in a certain position rather than marking the opposition strikers.

also, i would like to remind that opposition instructions depends on the skills of the opposition. there is a theory from the past years of FM which seems still works (at least I had good results not in final result always but in terms of improving my defence)

for instance, if the opposition players lacks bravery (below 11) you can select hard tackling.

if the opposition player has high pace, dribbling, agility and balance (15 or above) you should select pressing for "never". because your players should react unflappable and if they are in rush, it may cause a lot of unnecessary fouls; or opposition easily beats your players.

if the opposition striker lacks "off the ball" you can select marking "tight" and if it is high you can select "never".

these are some of the instructions i use.

Last edited: