Sir Goalalot - 15.3.2 - (4-2-3-1)

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 587
  • Views Views 435K
First of all thank you for a good tactic TheWibe.

Secondly, can you please share some of the changes you suggest in various scenarios like:

- needing to score when behind, aside from switching to attacking or overload mentality

- protecting a lead

- having a player sent off.

Thank you

First of all thank you for a good tactic TheWibe.

Secondly, can you please share some of the changes you suggest in various scenarios like:

- needing to score when behind, aside from switching to attacking or overload mentality

- protecting a lead

- having a player sent off.

Thank you

Thank you man :)

- Will look into it

- Will look into it

- When a player is sent off, I always take out the striker

So I decided to test this tactic for my atletico save and it works great. It is a beast, especially for home games, where my team is scoring a lot and conceding little. The only concern is sometimes with away games.

In most away games - where I am playing weaker opponents - there are no problems, but against bigger sides like barca and real. I don´t expect to win against them when away obviously, since they have a considerably better team (at least now; it is only my first season :D) and it would be too extreme to win every game but when I am playing away against teams like Real or Barca I concede A TON of goals. Example: I lost 0-5 to Barca and 1-5 to Real.

Funny thing I wanted to tell you:

After the earlier mentioned 1-5 Loss in Copa del Rey against Real I was a bit frustrated starting into the second match. To my surprise my team quickly scored the first goal and was dominating the game throughout the match. We won 5-0 (!!!!) against Real madrid and qualified for semi-final. That was so crazy, since Diego Godin (absolute defensive Key player) and Jan oblak were missing and young jesus vallejo played the best 90 minutes of his life and even scored the second goal.

Haha, just wanted to tell you this story, since it got me excited and proves once again that this tactic is super amazing. To my concern: How does this tactic work for you when playing away against bigger opponents?

So I decided to test this tactic for my atletico save and it works great. It is a beast, especially for home games, where my team is scoring a lot and conceding little. The only concern is sometimes with away games.

In most away games - where I am playing weaker opponents - there are no problems, but against bigger sides like barca and real. I don´t expect to win against them when away obviously, since they have a considerably better team (at least now; it is only my first season :D) and it would be too extreme to win every game but when I am playing away against teams like Real or Barca I concede A TON of goals. Example: I lost 0-5 to Barca and 1-5 to Real.

Funny thing I wanted to tell you:

After the earlier mentioned 1-5 Loss in Copa del Rey against Real I was a bit frustrated starting into the second match. To my surprise my team quickly scored the first goal and was dominating the game throughout the match. We won 5-0 (!!!!) against Real madrid and qualified for semi-final. That was so crazy, since Diego Godin (absolute defensive Key player) and Jan oblak were missing and young jesus vallejo played the best 90 minutes of his life and even scored the second goal.

Haha, just wanted to tell you this story, since it got me excited and proves once again that this tactic is super amazing. To my concern: How does this tactic work for you when playing away against bigger opponents?

Hehe, great reading man! :D

Well it's as you say, some times, weak against the big boys away. having said that, real and barca are hard to play against anyway :P

But for me its been more victories against big teams, then losses.. but never played against barce or real with this one..

Yeah, for me it is mostly not so much about the loss itself, but the fact that I lose by such a large margin in away games. If I lost 0-2 or 1-3, I wouldnt mind but a 0-5 against big rival is hard to absorb :D.

View attachment 242778Playing the first version in the Romanian League, with a team predicted to be 10th with no money and poor players.

Halfway thru season seating on 3rd, 2 points behind 1st position.

Few things i noticed:

- FB and CB have to have pace and good heading as they will often be caught high up the pitch.

- The striker is probably the most important position. Good pace, acceleration, first touch are a must.

- For the CM's i use a defensive one matched with a more offensive CM and it works great.

Thanks for sharing this tactic with us.

Back