Site Improvements Suggestions

How do you mean? The search is easy enough as it is? :S

You mean the Christmas one? That one is running until 2011 so we can get some entrants on there. Only one finisher so far though. You can have as many goes as you want aswell.

Ahh you ahve one also, i was thinking of Pompey Dan, he also has a challenge on the go.

More mods, sometimes I can wait days for an upload to be approved until I get frustrated and pm one

An easier way to search for other members

We used to have a whos online box which showed every member who was online and gave a link to their profile. Sean removed as it was slowing the site down.

If you are friends with another member you can click 'quick links' next to the search bar, and then click 'open contacts popup' and it will show you all of your friends, and which of them are online.

More mods, sometimes I can wait days for an upload to be approved until I get frustrated and pm one

Us mods dont approve uploads, admins do. Sean/Lee/Kris/Redders

All uploads are usually approved within 24 hours, but the guys have been busy with other things recently.

And as Mike says, going premium means no need for your files to be approved, as well as a wealth of other benefits.

Looks like it has.

Gripe. People not using the search function anymore and making threads that there is already a thread for. I have been guilty myself.

Maybe a welcome message when people join stating that before creating a thread to use the search function. If constantly ignored then will be infracted.

That doesnt work :(

I spent ages making a links thread in the players forum for FM 08/09 (not sure which) that linked to every club and player thread. Spent ages, renaming threads etc so they were easy to find, it still didnt stop people posting 10 times a day WHO SHUD I SIGNZ FOR MAN CITTEH

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Get rid of stories forum, its dull and seems to cause a lot of arguements for some strange reason

I'd also like to add, could we at least not have stories in the premium section of the website, i mean whats that all about?

I think the premium members lounge should be used more to be honest. Like, for example have different competitions and what not. It is always like a graveyard of dead threads.

I'd also like to add, could we at least not have stories in the premium section of the website, i mean whats that all about?

I think if you have a story on the Premium Members section is should be all in 1 post, and then have comments at the end, like in mine?

I think the premium members lounge should be used more to be honest. Like, for example have different competitions and what not. It is always like a graveyard of dead threads.

I did suggest some on here - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f82/premium-member-competition-ideas-t35703.html - but apparently there is an official one coming soon oO)

Yeah, I saw that. It did say coming soon but that was like 2 or more weeks ago :S

I think a lot of regular members have now been put off by stories.

With the amount there is around currently, I felt it was time to stop my one. What annoys me most are the people who start stories when they haven't even posted 10 times.

That is probably why some 'Premium Members' post stories in the Premium Members section due to competition. In the recent thread section, you can almost guarantee that 50% of the threads are stories and most of those are by newer members.

Some of these stories are a joke and it is a shame there is nothing to stop some of them.

Would you admin's consider removing the 'FM Stories' section when FM 2011 comes out?

I would be in favour of that.

Thats why I gave up following stories as there are way too many and mainly all with the same clubs. Most dont ever get finished.

Thing is, I agree with everything you say Chris, but then wouldnt the other boards be clogged up with stories or would it just be the death of sories altogether?

Maybe to make a story you need 500 posts or be a premium member?
because the stories with people who have more posts generally get done more

Maybe to make a story you need 500 posts or be a premium member?
because the stories with people who have more posts generally get done more

Yeah but would that not encourage spam posting so people get there post count up just to do a story.

Thing is, I agree with everything you say Chris, but then wouldnt the other boards be clogged up with stories or would it just be the death of sories altogether?

Last year, they were posted in General Discussion or Lower League managing. There were quite a few around but most were by regular members and it was easy enough to follow as they were good stories. I remember there was Jake's Cultural Leonesa, Frankie's Napoli, Keith's Hoffenheim and Danny's South Shields. You don't get those now as no-one really wants to start them.

There has been a huge influx since the release of FM10. I have started my fair share, I'll admit but I have been put off now. If you removed the stories forum, there would be less.

Last edited:
Lee says better to keep them contained. Its looking likely there will be a limit for FM11, ie 2 or 3 stories and thats it, tough **** if you have a crash dump or a save game fail.

Cheers Jake. :)

Sounds better. People can actually enjoying writing them without worrying how quickly they are going to drop out of the recent threads section because of 5 other's. :)

I think a lot of regular members have now been put off by stories.

With the amount there is around currently, I felt it was time to stop my one. What annoys me most are the people who start stories when they haven't even posted 10 times.

That is probably why some 'Premium Members' post stories in the Premium Members section due to competition. In the recent thread section, you can almost guarantee that 50% of the threads are stories and most of those are by newer members.

Some of these stories are a joke and it is a shame there is nothing to stop some of them.

Would you admin's consider removing the 'FM Stories' section when FM 2011 comes out?

I would be in favour of that.

Then people will end up posting stories in the general chat section and other sections. Imagine we had a fit and proper test for making stories like the way the premier league has a fit and proper test for new owners. Its only a joke dont start saying **** about the idea