Site Improvements Suggestions

How would you test them. Give them a spelling test lol. Good idea in principle.

How about instead of a two or three story limit, you have to reach a certain date before starting a new one. Example would be if I am writing my first ever story I have to finish two seasons before I am allowed to start a new one

Then people will end up posting stories in the general chat section and other sections. Imagine we had a fit and proper test for making stories like the way the premier league has a fit and proper test for new owners. Its only a joke dont start saying **** about the idea

will it be as good as the "fit and proper test" for chairmen, cause i hope it is better. :)

How would you test them. Give them a spelling test lol. Good idea in principle.

I would never be allowed to do a story then ;)

Lee says better to keep them contained. Its looking likely there will be a limit for FM11, ie 2 or 3 stories and thats it, tough **** if you have a crash dump or a save game fail.

What if you could provide evidence of that?

Some people blatantly want to start a new story but in some cases people actually do get them.

Last edited:
Thing is, I do not believe you should stop a story due to a crash dump because if you have two or three saves of it (which I believe you should if you are doing a story). There would then be no need to finish the save as you can just load one of the others up.

What if you could provide evidence of that?

Some people blatantly want to start a new story but in some cases people actually do get them.

Well thats part of the reason why a number hasnt been decided on yet. But i dont see why anyone needs to make more than one (maybe two if you are an exceptional story writer) story per FM. I only do one per year. So really the 3 story limit would be there to provide a back up for anyone unfortunate enough to have a save fail.

The other side of the coin is that having a crash dump or save fail isnt an excuse as you should have backup saves in palce, or at least a 3 file rolling auto save.

The other side of the coin is that having a crash dump or save fail isnt an excuse as you should have backup saves in palce, or at least a 3 file rolling auto save.

Exactly what I said in the above post. :)

Well thats part of the reason why a number hasnt been decided on yet. But i dont see why anyone needs to make more than one (maybe two if you are an exceptional story writer) story per FM. I only do one per year. So really the 3 story limit would be there to provide a back up for anyone unfortunate enough to have a save fail.

Thanks for explaining Jake. I could see why it would be tough ****. :p

Just out of off topic interest, will you be doing Leonesa again?

Agreed. Its getting out of hand now with some people starting 3 stories a week and not managing to finish a single season between them.

Or change it so that only Premium Members can do them..

I think one of these options is a better course of action in regards to stories. I think getting rid of them completely would be a mistake. Half the reason I come to this site is to read other peoples stories. I think it is a good thing they are popular - it would be nice if more of them survived for more than one season (or a couple of months.. :S). While I have not written a story myself I intend to start one next week (I know not more story spam! :p).

BTW - I'm getting premium membership soon. Funds are being transfers to Paypal as I err... type. ;)

Guys have you noticed that the recent threads bit has grown massively since yesterday. It only used to be like 10 recent threads and now it shows 20.

This isn't to do with stories but with the Recent Threads bar. I think that it should be like it used to as it doesn't look as neat and also some posts are there for half an hour etc. If I wanted to see all the most recent posts I'll click New Posts on the top bar

I think a lot of regular members have now been put off by stories.

With the amount there is around currently, I felt it was time to stop my one. What annoys me most are the people who start stories when they haven't even posted 10 times.

That is probably why some 'Premium Members' post stories in the Premium Members section due to competition. In the recent thread section, you can almost guarantee that 50% of the threads are stories and most of those are by newer members.

Some of these stories are a joke and it is a shame there is nothing to stop some of them.

Would you admin's consider removing the 'FM Stories' section when FM 2011 comes out?

I would be in favour of that.

This isn't to do with stories but with the Recent Threads bar. I think that it should be like it used to as it doesn't look as neat and also some posts are there for half an hour etc. If I wanted to see all the most recent posts I'll click New Posts on the top bar

Could have been to do with stories could have hinted at how many stories there are in the recent threads section yes it looks untidy

Could have been to do with stories could have hinted at how many stories there are in the recent threads section yes it looks untidy

that's probably a reason. there are many suggestions here that I agree with. Maybe we could set up a filter view on the recent thread list, so you could filter out all stories from newer members perhaps????

I asked for the increase in the number of recent threads on this thread on page 6 and I am glad to see it has been introduced. :)

Can I point out one thing that really ****** me of. Guys open up new threads and don’t use the search feature or they post in the wrong section. I have been redirecting people to the right thread and so have loads of other members but you help a handful and then you see a bus load of more threads asking “Help Xavi ***”, “I’m ****** of at ***” etc etc there are threads for them but no one bothers to use the search feature it pretty pointless to them. Can something be done about that? I know the mods are doing their best but its put of control they way they do it.

Can I point out one thing that really ****** me of. Guys open up new threads and don’t use the search feature or they post in the wrong section. I have been redirecting people to the right thread and so have loads of other members but you help a handful and then you see a bus load of more threads asking “Help Xavi ***”, “I’m ****** of at ***” etc etc there are threads for them but no one bothers to use the search feature it pretty pointless to them. Can something be done about that? I know the mods are doing their best but its put of control they way they do it.

There isn't much you can do I'm afraid. Sometimes you don't get answers out of the sticky threads as well which can be frustrating. All it takes is common sense and a kind, helpful community.

Just a suggestion.. could we remove some of the fonts available? ;)

i think story threads should be in a completely different box. Have one for real news and one for stories cos im sick of clicking on a thread thinking it might be news only to find its a story. Got nothing against stories but just annoys me :)

I hate the threads that say '*** sacked', you click on it and it ends up being a story with a **** title