Site Improvements Suggestions

Get rid of stories forum, its dull and seems to cause a lot of arguements for some strange reason

Agreed. Its getting out of hand now with some people starting 3 stories a week and not managing to finish a single season between them.

Or change it so that only Premium Members can do them..

I don't like the new quotes, preferred the old ones - but other than that and KingEric's point there is not much i would change :D

Agreed. Its getting out of hand now with some people starting 3 stories a week and not managing to finish a single season between them.

Or change it so that only Premium Members can do them..

Orrrrrrrrrrr. Make it 2 or 3 stories per edition of FM per member. I'm happy to police it, just waiting for the big man to give it the green light.

Orrrrrrrrrrr. Make it 2 or 3 stories per edition of FM per member. I'm happy to police it, just waiting for the big man to give it the green light.

Jake, good luck with that, but that will very hard to police

Not really, i'm online most days, i have to at least look at every thread anyway, so wouldnt take much longer to check how amny stories a member had posted before.

I can already tell without looking if someone has posted a lot of stories before anyway, its like a 6th sense.

How about a post limit so we know if the story teller is commited rather than the ones where he doesn't update past pre-season

or that yea. Anything that controls it. I don't even bother going into the stories forum anymore because the few good stories are lost in among the numerous terrible ones

or that yea. Anything that controls it. I don't even bother going into the stories forum anymore because the few good stories are lost in among the numerous terrible ones

Nick Main's one is immense, though. Not as much related to football as others, however.

YES! Two stories per member per year and premium members can have three stories and staff can take the ****! LOL. This would make a great improvement on the current system where there is mob rule and Sean was pressured into making a stories section against his will. My only other suggestion for now would be increasing the number of threads displayed at any one time by the 'recent threads' box as this would greatly enhance the experience of members.

Wow my suggestion was listened to! My life is complete now, I love you mods and admins!! :wub: Perfect site now

Last edited:
Has the recent posts thing got longer for anyone else?

Has the recent posts thing got longer for anyone else?

Looks like it has.

Gripe. People not using the search function anymore and making threads that there is already a thread for. I have been guilty myself.

Maybe a welcome message when people join stating that before creating a thread to use the search function. If constantly ignored then will be infracted.

Good idea mate. :)

Can't be too hard to send a message to everyone new.

I really would love that choice of skins that people were suggesting.

Whether you can though...

Good idea mate. :)

Can't be too hard to send a message to everyone new.

I really would love that choice of skins that people were suggesting.

Whether you can though...

it's a great idea, but in the mornings, it will be quite tedious, having a thread on at the bottom, which will be there for hours :'(

have just had a read of mashedpotatoe's guide to PSG i was thinking, could there be a forum which people posted guides to other clubs to help people out?

I think, personally there should be a challenges section to the site. There are a number of challenges around and I believe that this would be beneficial, rather than them being lost in the shuffle in stories section.

Perhaps not, but i do get a lot of noobs who say, 'sorry i didnt know the rules' after i infract them, even though everything is there in front of them, with a big sub forum title saying 'read before posting.'

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I think, personally there should be a challenges section to the site. There are a number of challenges around and I believe that this would be beneficial, rather than them being lost in the shuffle in stories section.

I mulled over making one, because i was going to do an offical FMB challenge, but decided that it wouldnt be worth it as there is no way to stop cheats 100%

Will speak to Sean/Lee about a sub forum for challenges though Dan, is yours still going?

You mean the Christmas one? That one is running until 2011 so we can get some entrants on there. Only one finisher so far though. You can have as many goes as you want aswell.