Site Improvements Suggestions

I dont like the current forum skin, how can I change the skin if there are other options.

I dont like the current forum skin, how can I change the skin if there are other options.

We used to have a lighter skin option, but it was considered racist, so we had to take it down. Sorry.

Well now I have been on here for about an hour, the site is messy. I think the challenges section needs to have its own place like the acutions and also introduce a challenge points system with a league table to make the challenges more competitive with other members. Stickys should be used more like on the acutions on how they work with guidlines and rules and same with anything else that may need guidlines and rules such as challenges. Aklso with the network games should be more organised, have a network update/story section and seperate short network games with long ones to.There are the only places I have been so far but if there is anything else ill be glad to point them out.

The skin is not so easy on the eye so try to make the sections more organised and clear to read.

Well now I have been on here for about an hour, the site is messy. I think the challenges section needs to have its own place like the acutions and also introduce a challenge points system with a league table to make the challenges more competitive with other members. Stickys should be used more like on the acutions on how they work with guidlines and rules and same with anything else that may need guidlines and rules such as challenges. Aklso with the network games should be more organised, have a network update/story section and seperate short network games with long ones to.There are the only places I have been so far but if there is anything else ill be glad to point them out.

The skin is not so easy on the eye so try to make the sections more organised and clear to read.

Please continue your search and report back with your findings in full as soon as possible and they will be investigated.

Can anyone explain how will the FM-Base football predictions will work for the euro2012 quarter finals ?

I mean, there will be some game that will go into extra time and pens (duh), but how will it work ? will the predicted scoreline work for what happens in the first 90mins or what ?

Can anyone explain how will the FM-Base football predictions will work for the euro2012 quarter finals ?

I mean, there will be some game that will go into extra time and pens (duh), but how will it work ? will the predicted scoreline work for what happens in the first 90mins or what ?

It includes the extra time score if it gets that far. If it goes to penalties though after a 2-2 draw, for example, then the correct prediction would be 2-2.

It includes the extra time score if it gets that far. If it goes to penalties though after a 2-2 draw, for example, then the correct prediction would be 2-2.

Cheers Sean. I'll better fix those predictions now :p expect greece to to the
Phalanx against Germany
XD

There seems to be a problem when using Mozilla Firefox I can't type anything in the 'Quick Reply' box or even if I click go advanced it won't let me enter anything, almost like it has froze/crashed. Only thing I can do is type something in the 'subject' box.

It appears to be ok with Internet Explorer though, so I am not sure what is causing the problem on Firefox which won't let me type anything in the Reply box.

Network Games Black List

I am not sure if a black list is the right word but i feel somehow players who do not commit to clans or network games drop out because of a couple of bad results or just cause problems in a network game should be highlighted. This will then help other members who want to start a network game pick players that will be commited and have a better chance to avoid picking players that wont. There seem to be allot of 'time wasters' in that area.

I dont no how you could go about this but I feel it is a must for players wanting to create a longterm network game.

Thanks, Kev

Like emails, a read/not read button so we can keep a clean forum of whats new that we dont want and keep our threads/posts highlighted

There seems to be a problem when using Mozilla Firefox I can't type anything in the 'Quick Reply' box or even if I click go advanced it won't let me enter anything, almost like it has froze/crashed. Only thing I can do is type something in the 'subject' box.

It appears to be ok with Internet Explorer though, so I am not sure what is causing the problem on Firefox which won't let me type anything in the Reply box.

FYI - I use Firefox, and I've never had this problem.

I am not sure if a black list is the right word but i feel somehow players who do not commit to clans or network games drop out because of a couple of bad results or just cause problems in a network game should be highlighted. This will then help other members who want to start a network game pick players that will be commited and have a better chance to avoid picking players that wont. There seem to be allot of 'time wasters' in that area.

I dont no how you could go about this but I feel it is a must for players wanting to create a longterm network game.

Thanks, Kev

Reasonable idea but would probably be difficult to instigate. Something for Sean/that sections mods to think about?

Like emails, a read/not read button so we can keep a clean forum of whats new that we dont want and keep our threads/posts highlighted

If you use the "mark all forums read" button at the bottom of the page, this means when you next come back only unread threads will be highlighted. Failing that you are able to subscribe to certain threads which you can then view in your profile (click "my account" at the top).

There is also the option to view "my threads" and "my posts" within the header area of the foum.

cant see attachments when opening them in a new tab or window..

cant see screenshots when insert them into the thread....

cant see attachments when opening them in a new tab or window..

cant see screenshots when insert them into the thread....

There was a problem where the attachments were not being found. That has been fixed now. There is still a problem when clicking on an attachment, the popup is just displaying a black screen. It is currently being looked in to :)

Hello everyone.

Firstly I'm relatively new and have only used this site for a couple of weeks and I rarely post as I prefer and enjoy reading and learning from this wonderful fountain of FM knowledge. I think this site is fantastic and it has helped me and my friends greatly in understanding not only the game but the game in real life. I have also enjoyed reading about other peoples views and am really interested in what others think. Whilst I have been enjoying the brilliance of this site there has been only one thing which has disturbed me sometimes I don't agree with. I have fathomed this from my time reading through posts and others threads, however there are some Mods on this site who feel it is ok to talk down, belittle and be rude to other members on this site, members too have been rude but are duely punished by being infracted or suspended from this site. It seems that 'some' the Mods do not get punished and seem to have become a law upon themself, running this site like a pack of wild Banshee's! I have also come accross Mods closing threads with no explanation or they leave just a rude comment or one sentence full of attitude. I understand it is frustrating but not all members will be perfect and it is your job to monitor and police this site and make it a welcoming place to be, sometimes it is not! I understand not ALL Mods act this way and that there is only a selection of them but I am just one member and this is 'MY' opinion. I feel the majority do a **** GOOD job and are respectful, kind, helping, funny and I'm left feeling welcome.

Here is one example of what I feel a Mod shouldn't be saying or doing...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Raikan007

He just seems like a ******, not doubting his tactics at all, never seen them nor heard of him to be honest, ever, but we have had several good tacticians in the past that are just right real ****** and all they do is fight with others on how much better their tactic is than anyone elses.. and to be honest, we dont need people like that here!

This Mod has called someone a rude word more than once and recalled others as the same. This is rude and not just 'Banter', I don't remember an infraction or suspension from the site and it irritates me how other members are penalised by these people who don't adhere to the rules themselves. I hope Sean sees this and thinks about who he leaves his great site in the hands of.

Again to reiterate I love this site, the people and the majority of the Mods but there are a few who spoil it.

I'm guessing this will be deleted by a Mod so please if it does copy it and repost it if you feel the same.

Thankyou for your time

SOCKS!

Hello everyone.

Firstly I'm relatively new and have only used this site for a couple of weeks and I rarely post as I prefer and enjoy reading and learning from this wonderful fountain of FM knowledge. I think this site is fantastic and it has helped me and my friends greatly in understanding not only the game but the game in real life. I have also enjoyed reading about other peoples views and am really interested in what others think. Whilst I have been enjoying the brilliance of this site there has been only one thing which has disturbed me sometimes I don't agree with. I have fathomed this from my time reading through posts and others threads, however there are some Mods on this site who feel it is ok to talk down, belittle and be rude to other members on this site, members too have been rude but are duely punished by being infracted or suspended from this site. It seems that 'some' the Mods do not get punished and seem to have become a law upon themself, running this site like a pack of wild Banshee's! I have also come accross Mods closing threads with no explanation or they leave just a rude comment or one sentence full of attitude. I understand it is frustrating but not all members will be perfect and it is your job to monitor and police this site and make it a welcoming place to be, sometimes it is not! I understand not ALL Mods act this way and that there is only a selection of them but I am just one member and this is 'MY' opinion. I feel the majority do a **** GOOD job and are respectful, kind, helping, funny and I'm left feeling welcome.

quote_icon.png

He just seems like a ******, not doubting his tactics at all, never seen them nor heard of him to be honest, ever, but we have had several good tacticians in the past that are just right real ****** and all they do is fight with others on how much better their tactic is than anyone elses.. and to be honest, we dont need people like that here!

This Mod has called someone a rude word more than once and recalled others as the same. This is rude and not just 'Banter', I don't remember an infraction or suspension from the site and it irritates me how other members are penalised by these people who don't adhere to the rules themselves. I hope Sean sees this and thinks about who he leaves his great site in the hands of.

Again to reiterate I love this site, the people and the majority of the Mods but there are a few who spoil it.

I'm guessing this will be deleted by a Mod so please if it does copy it and repost it if you feel the same.

Thankyou for your time

SOCKS!

We are lucky here that we have a good balance. The mods do their job yet they contribute to the forum and are generally up for banter. I have been here for 3 years now and I can't remember anyone being banned for calling someone a ****** unless they have built up points from infractions. You have to remember mods have been infracted in the past as well it's just we can't see it. I don't see the harm in calling someone a ******, it is an internet forum, there has been worse things posted in the past but people seem to get on with it. If folk are offended by that language then maybe they should stay off the forums.

On the topic of closing threads without explanation or leaving rude comments, you have to remember these people are doing the job for free, it isn't easy. The amount of **** that is posted is pretty ridiculous and it must get so boring and repetitive dealing with the same problems everyday. Perhaps if people searched or used the correct sub forum/thread then the mods wouldn't have to leave the comments you are on about. When a thread is closed it is usually self explanatory.

Hello everyone.

quote_icon.png

Thankyou for your time

SOCKS!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tactikzz
Firstly, you say that I'm a ****** without knowing me or having anything to do with me at all. Slightly uncalled for I would say, especially for a moderator who's clearly power tripping. One piece of advice that I would give you is that perhaps you should be slightly more courteous towards new members so that they stick around. This will be my last post here, and I'm beginning to wonder why I even bothered in the first place. So you can celebrate! Hooray! There are only a select few FM communities that are worth bothering with.

Secondly, I've only released a handful of tactics during my two decades of playing the franchise so it's no wonder you've not seen my tactics. I am far more involved in the tactical thinking and applying of real world football philosophies; thinking outside of the box and releasing articles that perhaps enable FM gamers to look at aspects from new angles. A little bird has informed me that you release plenty of tactics for Football Manager and that they are severely lacking, so perhaps you should invest some time in furthering your real world football knowledge, as it may help you.

Many things are thought but shouldn't be said; within one post you've effectively called me a ****** and a *****. How charming. I have opinions on many people involved in this gaming community and these opinions seem to be expanding month on month as people begin to show their true colours. One last piece of advice that I would give to you, is to be nice to people on your way up, as you might meet them on the way back down.

When you can construct sentences in an adult and mature manner, instead of throwing insults around, perhaps we will speak again. I doubt it however, because I don't really know who you are. Having said all of that I wish FM Base all the best for the future, so it's goodbye from me, and it's goodbye from him.

P.S - Sorry for diverting the content of the thread, but you can thank Raikan007, your moderator, for that.
It was an opinion which I formed about you from the first post I read, the one which you said that you did not care for this thread or anything.... I found that quite arseholish where Hazz gave you the credit where it was deserved and was extremely apologetic after your little outburst! I found that immature and pathetic and I have seen handful's of members like you, who claim that their tactic/system is the best thing since sliced bread. I have never once said I was a good tactician or EVER blown my own horn, members here can vouch for that, I merely mess around with tactics and try different things and allow people to use it how they see fit!

I can assure you that I can a construct a sentence, I have two degree's and run a very lucrative/successful company, but that's neither here nor there!

I said what I said because of the fact it had sounded like you had already made up your mind about never posting here again, which I found quite pathetic as you should be glad and proud that someone took your tactic and used it for one, then uploaded it to share it with others, even though he did make a few changes!

You say that you are a man of the world when it comes to football, why is it that you use a tactic that clearly takes advantage of the ME Exploits and still uses the Classic creator? Did Hazz make these changes to it or was it a ME exploit classic tactic already? I have not seen your original tactic, and to be honest, I really would
smile.gif
so if you or someone could send me the link I would appreciate it.

I do apologize for calling you a ****** and *****, in hind sight I meant that you were acting like one, not really one as of course, I do not know you from a bar of soap!

Its just frustrating when good tacticians come to sites like this and just go ape **** about how incredible their tactic is and how its better than anyone's etc and we have had to deal with that in the past and then they get their backs up and throw a fit and **** off never to be seen again, even though they actually produce good tactics..

A little bit of modesty goes a long way and I hope that if you are a normal member, not like the person I was outlining above, I hope you stick around pal as we always welcome quality content here
smile.gif

I am not a horrible person at all, you can ask anyone here, I just dont like aggressive, cocky tacticians and do not take kindly to that
smile.gif
so I do apologize if I was out of line and misinterpreted what you had said and prejudged you as a person!

READ this mate, if you have seen what I have done over the past four years here you will not even say that you have an opinion about some mods! I have been by far the MOST Fair and most accommodating MOD the site has probably seen!

if you read correctly I said he was ACTING like one and never actually called him one as I dont even know him!

And to be frank, if you dont like me I honestly don't care mate ;) you are one out of a few thousand...

Last edited:
I think the tactics section needs remodelling. There are two general and quite different schools of thought when it comes to tactics: Tactical in-depth discussion, questions and articles based on real world football and implementing it etc; and people looking to download and use tactics without the talking, usually plug and play/exploit tactics. The latter is more popular by some way, and smothers the former, to the point many good articles/discussions get lost among it and fade out. I think the Tactics thread should be split into two forums: Tactical discussion, and a Tactics Download centre (in which the what tactic shall i use thread can be placed)

There also needs to be more than one tactics mod, need 2 or 3, certainly with FM13 coming this autumn. Probably one new mod (fairly sure who it should be, I certainly know who I want it to be), and one from existing? This means it could be constantly kept tidy, and peoples questions etc answered.

Last edited:
I totally agree Mike, this whole new ME Exploit thing has taken over the forums lately and detracts from the actual tactical approach to the game!