Site Improvements Suggestions

I think Premium Members shouldn't have to wait 30 seconds to search again :)

Hmm I've no idea where to post this, and I haven't seen it explained fully anywhere so here goes. How will the blog system work? Will it be part of the user's page, or will there be a collection of blogs in the forum? And how will user's blogs be publicised? Stories written by new members won't be able to get any/many viewers if no-one looks at their blog because they're new. From what I understand about how it will work, it seems that there will become a select few story writers, with no-one else able to get their stories the attention they deserve.

I'm just curious to find out how it will be used, as it was actually particular stories that compelled me to register to this site.

Hmm I've no idea where to post this, and I haven't seen it explained fully anywhere so here goes. How will the blog system work? Will it be part of the user's page, or will there be a collection of blogs in the forum? And how will user's blogs be publicised? Stories written by new members won't be able to get any/many viewers if no-one looks at their blog because they're new. From what I understand about how it will work, it seems that there will become a select few story writers, with no-one else able to get their stories the attention they deserve.

I'm just curious to find out how it will be used, as it was actually particular stories that compelled me to register to this site.

Basically it's just a blog and everyone's post goes into that one blog. They can blog about whatever they want, but there will different categories.

It uses the vBulletin software, it will work like this. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

Oh the users profile there will be a tab, with their latest blog updates and you can view their stories from there as well.

Basically it's just a blog and everyone's post goes into that one blog. They can blog about whatever they want, but there will different categories.

It uses the vBulletin software, it will work like this. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

Oh the users profile there will be a tab, with their latest blog updates and you can view their stories from there as well.

Ah thanks, but I'm still a bit confused... Does this mean that a user's posts will become mixed up and lost in the blog, or will all their stuff stay together?

And will it only be the stories in that format?

Sorry for all the questions haha!

sounds good :D

I think the site should have a delete account, or delete thread option. This allows people to just have one thread, and we can delete ones which we don't want.

I think the site should have a delete account, or delete thread option. This allows people to just have one thread, and we can delete ones which we don't want.

you can if you donate you can open/close/delete your threads as much as you like ;)

you can if you donate you can open/close/delete your threads as much as you like ;)

You can't actually remove your thread from the site completely though.

Removal of kit request threads. So ****** many of them running across the site.

There isn't any reason to delete them. There will be less for FM11, but there are so many, it would take too long to delete them all.

Plus, everyone knows who makes kits, so they could just PM them.

Seriously?? Would you want 50+ PMs asking for kits?? Doubt it...although you would at least look popular for a change....

I think Premium Members shouldn't have to wait 30 seconds to search again :)

Ha...use your search more wisely then.

Normally I have to wait 30 seconds before I search, but after 00:00 that seems to go away, and there isn't a time limit, any reason for this?

Nah, I still have the 30 seconds.

Ah thanks, but I'm still a bit confused... Does this mean that a user's posts will become mixed up and lost in the blog, or will all their stuff stay together?

And will it only be the stories in that format?

Sorry for all the questions haha!

Yes the users posts will get mixed in with all the other blog posts that people decide to post. But you can browse the blogs by Category, User and Date. So it's easy enough to just view one persons story or all story posts etc..

The users are free to post any relevant fm/sport related content in their blogs it isn't just limited to stories.

FM-Base is built using vBulletin, an example of their blog can be seen here (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php). Notice how you can browse by categories etc.. and also look at the latest comments and top rated blogs.

Eg: Only viewing one members posts and also just looking at his 'vBulletin Blog' category... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?224&blogcategoryid=996

Yes the users posts will get mixed in with all the other blog posts that people decide to post. But you can browse the blogs by Category, User and Date. So it's easy enough to just view one persons story or all story posts etc..

The users are free to post any relevant fm/sport related content in their blogs it isn't just limited to stories.

FM-Base is built using vBulletin, an example of their blog can be seen here (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php). Notice how you can browse by categories etc.. and also look at the latest comments and top rated blogs.

Eg: Only viewing one members posts and also just looking at his 'vBulletin Blog' category... http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?224&blogcategoryid=996

I like the blog idea, better than the stories section we currently have. Once a story disappears from the 1st page of the Stories page, or from the New Posts page, no-one reads it.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Also, hope you find a way of integrating the Player Request thing into this year's site. One of the best features of the FM09 site! Although it maybe worthwhile trying to get it so players need approving by Mods/Admins or whatever, as there were some duds in there as well, as well as Buffon etc, which most clubs would never afford.

Also, hope you find a way of integrating the Player Request thing into this year's site. One of the best features of the FM09 site! Although it maybe worthwhile trying to get it so players need approving by Mods/Admins or whatever, as there were some duds in there as well, as well as Buffon etc, which most clubs would never afford.

Yeah I'd love to bring back the payers section. It's on my to do list with a lot of other stuff though. If I don't manage to get it done hopefully it will be fully ready for FM12 though! :D

Yeah I'd love to bring back the payers section. It's on my to do list with a lot of other stuff though. If I don't manage to get it done hopefully it will be fully ready for FM12 though! :D

I hope you get the time, FM11 is an awful long time away...:(

There isn't any reason to delete them. There will be less for FM11, but there are so many, it would take too long to delete them all.

Does this mean you will be closing a few up, or is that just something you are predicting?

Back