Site Improvements Suggestions

I know yeah, I think it's wrong how the stories section is being completely dismissed.

Get used to it, we arent having a story section next year, anyone writing a stroy will be writing it via their own blog, which will be part of your user profile when we upgrade the forum software.

You say, 'the new software'..

What will this software have new in it?

:D xx

Sean is upgrading the forum to a better one, which will be more functional, and will handle the high usage better.

Just an updated version of vBulletin, we're on v3 at the moment and v4 has been out for a while.

Basically FM-Base is currently based on vBulletin 3.8.4 but it is now outdated as the current version is 4.0.6. But to upgrade a lot of preparation work is needed first.

Basically FM-Base is currently based on vBulletin 3.8.4 but it is now outdated as the current version is 4.0.6. But to upgrade a lot of preparation work is needed first.

So you are working hard for a change...:P

I have seen the 'template' of your idea Sean, and it looks a lot better visually and also in the way it works. Really looking forward to the new site.

Also, will the site be offline long when you change? A few of the other FM sites are down until around the Demo release time.

So you are working hard for a change...:P

I have seen the 'template' of your idea Sean, and it looks a lot better visually and also in the way it works. Really looking forward to the new site.

Also, will the site be offline long when you change? A few of the other FM sites are down until around the Demo release time.

hopefully its not :S

Can't imagine the site being offline for to long. Surely something that can be done over night.

Hate to whine, but, there's a lot of homophobia used on this forum. Which seems to go unpunished, but Racism would be picked up, and stopped very quickly. These two are as bad as each other, I'd like to see strickter on this. Please :) x

Hate to whine, but, there's a lot of homophobia used on this forum. Which seems to go unpunished, but Racism would be picked up, and stopped very quickly. These two are as bad as each other, I'd like to see strickter on this. Please :) x

which 2?//

Hopefully I can get everything done in under 24 hours. I will have to close the site while I make backups (incase anything goes wrong) and that will probably take a good few hours on it's own. Then all the attachments and downloads need converting to the new system (about 60GB+ of files) which will take a while. But after that it should only be a case of making sure all the settings are correct and the new design is fully working before re-opening.

Ideally I would like to have this all done a few weeks before the demo out.

Hopefully I can get everything done in under 24 hours. I will have to close the site while I make backups (incase anything goes wrong) and that will probably take a good few hours on it's own. Then all the attachments and downloads need converting to the new system (about 60GB+ of files) which will take a while. But after that it should only be a case of making sure all the settings are correct and the new design is fully working before re-opening.

Ideally I would like to have this all done a few weeks before the demo out.

the new FM BASE logo is a cracker :wub: it

If people are debating then fair enough, but the majority of the time it's just a shouting contest and each time somebody can't counter an argument they either a) insult the other person or b) go off on an a tangent.

Just think the mods are too strict sometimes, maybe it's just me :$

Maybe it's just me, but recently I've been getting my notifications really late.

For example, just got one from nilelg5 about our FIFA 10 fixture, but he sent it 19 Hours ago?

Can anyone shed any light on that for me?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

That a no?

Maybe it's just me, but recently I've been getting my notifications really late.

For example, just got one from nilelg5 about our FIFA 10 fixture, but he sent it 19 Hours ago?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

That a no?

Not for me, no.

That a no?

I never get notified :'(

Back