Site Improvements Suggestions

What has happened to Forum statistics, seems all the stats have disappeared at the bottom?

Idle Log-out

yesterday i decided to start a story so i opened a new thread, gave the story a quirky name and then set about making a half decent background story with plenty of pictures. anyway the op took me about 45 mins, when i clicked submit reply it said i didn't have permision because i wasn't logged in - when i log in it returns me to the open new thread screen with and my write up and pictures gone. i was livid

now usually if i make a long post i copy it, then refresh page, log in again and just paste it... but this time i forgot to copy it...

questions is why, if i am still using the site while i'm doing a write up, does it log you out?
why does it log you out anyway if you are idle for a few minutes - sometimes i go to the toilet, come bck and i'm logged out. Also i like to flick between playing FM and looking on here, i play a game on FM and i get logged out here

so to improve this aspect maybe there could be a setting like 'log me out if i'm idle for' and then a drop down menu with length of time ranging from 5mins to an hour maybe

(oh and yes i copy-refresh-log in-pasted this post ;))

yesterday i decided to start a story so i opened a new thread, gave the story a quirky name and then set about making a half decent background story with plenty of pictures. anyway the op took me about 45 mins, when i clicked submit reply it said i didn't have permision because i wasn't logged in - when i log in it returns me to the open new thread screen with and my write up and pictures gone. i was livid

now usually if i make a long post i copy it, then refresh page, log in again and just paste it... but this time i forgot to copy it...

questions is why, if i am still using the site while i'm doing a write up, does it log you out?
why does it log you out anyway if you are idle for a few minutes - sometimes i go to the toilet, come bck and i'm logged out. Also i like to flick between playing FM and looking on here, i play a game on FM and i get logged out here

so to improve this aspect maybe there could be a setting like 'log me out if i'm idle for' and then a drop down menu with length of time ranging from 5mins to an hour maybe

(oh and yes i copy-refresh-log in-pasted this post ;))

I've never been auto-logged out, or logged out at all since registering, sure it isn't your browser deleting the cookie?

i've been a member of this site for over a year and have logged in an at least 5 different computers and i've always had the problem :'(

Ive never had to sign in ever, base remembers me from any computer i use, and ive never been logged out.

Have you ticked remember me?

Ive never had to sign in ever, base remembers me from any computer i use, and ive never been logged out.

Have you ticked remember me?

nope i've not ticked remember me

i thought maybe it was a security thing - i always get logged out if i dont refresh page or move to a different page after 5 minutes

If you're the only person who uses the computer you log on on tick remember me, should keep you permanently signed in, not sure if they can control how long you're logged in for otherwise.

ok i'm gonna log out now and log back in with remember me ticked - thanks guys (H)

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

that done, i'm going to sit here idle for 5 mins and see if it worked :D

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

still logged in - quality

in that case there is nothing i would like to improve about this site :D

thanks Jake and Cal

That's quite strange Trivaldo, even without remember me ticked it shouldn't log you out like that.

What has happened to Forum statistics, seems all the stats have disappeared at the bottom?

I disabled it. There is a stat block on the right hand side still.

ok i'm gonna log out now and log back in with remember me ticked - thanks guys (H)

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

that done, i'm going to sit here idle for 5 mins and see if it worked :D

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

still logged in - quality

in that case there is nothing i would like to improve about this site :D

thanks Jake and Cal

The session timer is currently set to 15 minutes (900 Seconds)...

"Session Timeout
This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires."

But like you have found out, ticking Remember Me makes sure you don't automatically get logged out.

The ability to have a decent debate with someone without the mods having a go at you or closing the thread?

The ability to have a decent debate with someone without the mods having a go at you or closing the thread?

If people are debating then fair enough, but the majority of the time it's just a shouting contest and each time somebody can't counter an argument they either a) insult the other person or b) go off on an a tangent.

Does this mean you will be closing a few up, or is that just something you are predicting?

Me and Kevy will look at the situation when the time comes, and keep the Kit request threads to a minimum, as with Sig requests etc. There will be a main Graphic request thread, which anyone can request in, but there will certainly be less GFX requests, as there is way too many.

Can I just ask why stories and anything in the story section now does not appear on the recent threads list? Just because this will affect story viewing, and will not cure the problem of rubbish stories.

i see they have put page numbers on the threads on the recent threads list

Can I just ask why stories and anything in the story section now does not appear on the recent threads list? Just because this will affect story viewing, and will not cure the problem of rubbish stories.

I know yeah, I think it's wrong how the stories section is being completely dismissed.

Good to see that those numbers next to the recent threads are back.

Thank-you.

It's not a massive problem that the stories have been removed from recent thread list. I don't read any but that's just me

If people care that much about stories they know where to find them and if the potential loss of views/replies to a story prevent someone from updating it then maybe they shouldn't be writing a story in the first place.

Back