Site Improvements Suggestions

i really think a team guides section should be made because i hate hunting around looking for guides when it could be made so much easier if this section is made

I was thinking of making a thread where we can collect all the team guides into one place. Would it be useful, does anyone think?

I was thinking of making a thread where we can collect all the team guides into one place. Would it be useful, does anyone think?
yea and get it stickyed, would be the next best thing to its on sub-section

True, we always get asked to do a team guides section. But most of the 'guides' people right on here are just a run down of the club info and maybe mentioning who there best player is...wow. They're not needed really.

I agree, maybe set rules for the guides, such as including information that is useful in-game -

- Team Strengths
- Weaknesses
- Possible Signings
- Transfer Budget
- Possible Tactics.

If the rules are very strict and enforced well, then a sub section could work out. We could not let it turn into a story section type of area, so the rules would have to be extremely strict and well enforced, such as perhaps only allowing Premium Members to post them, but allowing all to read them. Or maybe not, (because that would exclude people like GodCubed), but anyway, you catch my drift?

If the rules are very strict and enforced well, then a sub section could work out. We could not let it turn into a story section type of area, so the rules would have to be extremely strict and well enforced, such as perhaps only allowing Premium Members to post them, but allowing all to read them. Or maybe not, (because that would exclude people like GodCubed), but anyway, you catch my drift?
you would need to moderate them the same way as stories.

i like GodCubed idea, anyone could pm him if they though a guild was worth a mention on the thread and he could decide.

that way all good guides are easy to access

Last edited:
in recent threads being able to edit what you want to come up like if you like the graphics and tactics sections you can rate them most important and you hate network games you can remove them from recent threads

I agree, maybe set rules for the guides, such as including information that is useful in-game -

- Team Strengths
- Weaknesses
- Possible Signings
- Transfer Budget
- Possible Tactics.

Possibly a template, like Raikan has done for the player section? Whilst it might sound a bit hectoring to people who've taken their time off to write such a guide, it would make everything more structured.

It might work, but I assure you it's not just personal bias when I say that "Premium Members only" posting would probably not be the best of ideas. Of the five most recent guides I can find (Dan's Chelsea, Ed's Liverpool, I3east's Man City, peskyben's Southampton and my own) three are written by non-premiums. Personally, I feel that if someone has the inclination to write a guide, they should be allowed to. The mods on this forum are excellent, and they're no mugs when it comes to locking threads that aren't up to scratch, so it should'nt be too much to worry about.

That was being a bit nitpicky. In general, a sub section could most definitely work, it just needs to be worth the effort to make one.

you would need to moderate them the same way as stories.

i like GodCubed idea, anyone could pm him if they though a guild was worth a mention on the thread and he could decide.

that way all good guilds are easy to access

I'd be happy to do it, if the idea is taken up. It's little hassle to throw a neatish thread together and post links and short descriptions to guides.

Last edited:

- Team Strengths
- Weaknesses
- Possible Signings
- Transfer Budget
- Possible Tactics.
agreed, said this when the first set of guides came out

Sorry guys, Sean just told me he's not putting it back on this year. lol.

Snow - Xmas is almost over and done with, no point now.

Guides - If you really want to find a guide then use the advanced search bar. If the guide is worthy, people will post on the thread and it will be easy enough to find.

I personally think we have enough threads to moderate without an influx of guides.

Can we talk about the recent threads size now. Are there any small let downs to extending it to 20 or at least 15 :S

Back