Site Improvements Suggestions

its like the same old commentary lines, how bout some classics like " take a bow, son "

I think we need a notification when someone quotes us. Its really helpful on other forums im on, and I dont want to search the thread to see if anyone quotes me. Just an idea?

Why are you extending recent threads?

Because some people only really look at threads in that list, with a larger list, more threads will be seen by the lazier people of the site.

Thank goodness the recent threads bit has been increased, because I was completely incapable of clicking 'new posts'... oO)

Can we have the notification thing?

no, we shouldn't change to FM Chat. And tbh, if you were in the football section actively, you would keep getting quoted, and spammed with notifications

The Recent Threads list is huge now. What's wrong with the New Posts link? Should we be removing that then if the Recent Threads list has been extended?

Maybe a spam thread that doesnt increase post count for the spammers to post on

Can we have the notification thing?

I don't think we should get notification, maybe it could show up in the same screen as the subscriptions. This might not even be possible mind.

The Recent Threads list is huge now. What's wrong with the New Posts link? Should we be removing that then if the Recent Threads list has been extended?

We are making it easier for n00bs who can't use the forum properly...

No, it was taken off for a very, very good reason and it should stay that way.

To be fair, it was taken off because Lee didn't like it. There was a number of forum members who preferred them being there. Now that stories must be approved, it will improve the quality of the stories. Also, nobody makes you click on them, so what's wrong with them being there.

Seeing as I'm one of the 'n00bs' that doesn't use the forum properly, it would be of great use to me and I'm sure a number of other members. There's nothing making users click on the thread if it's a story so I don't see why they should get taken down. I don't go in the graphics section much, but if someone posts something up I don't click on it. Don't see why it should be taken down.

But that's just my opinion...

Why, what was the reason.

Because we probably had on average about 5 new stories a day (which didn't go anywhere) and filled - sorry, spammed - the Recent Threads list.

To be fair, it was taken off because Lee didn't like it. There was a number of forum members who preferred them being there. Now that stories must be approved, it will improve the quality of the stories. Also, nobody makes you click on them, so what's wrong with them being there.

Seeing as I'm one of the 'n00bs' that doesn't use the forum properly, it would be of great use to me and I'm sure a number of other members. There's nothing making users click on the thread if it's a story so I don't see why they should get taken down. I don't go in the graphics section much, but if someone posts something up I don't click on it. Don't see why it should be taken down.

I know what you're talking about mate, I did generally enjoy stories, I don't follow as much now. I quote Raf just now and that was the main reason (I think!) because it filled the list with utter **** (the majority, not all stories were bad) and didn't allow space for general Football Manager help, useful downloads, football talk etc etc.

Because we probably had on average about 5 new stories a day (which didn't go anywhere) and filled - sorry, spammed - the Recent Threads list.

Couldn't of put it better myself.
Or maybe there could be a separate recent stories list

Couldn't of put it better myself.
Or maybe there could be a separate recent stories list

I don't think stories merit their own Recent Threads list, especially with the introduction of the blog system shortly.

Back