Site Improvements Suggestions

Whyelse said:
recent threads being able to edit what you...

in recent threads being able to edit what you want to come up like if you like the graphics and tactics sections you can rate them most important and you hate network games you can remove them from...

my idea from a couple of pages back should settle this

It was voted for on the old way of things before stories had to be approved. All I was asking was that it be reviewed considering there is a new way to dealing with how stories come about now..

I agree with DMF, and if look there is only 4 pages worth of storys but only about 10 are updated regularly sooo..... It's not like all you will see is stories.

It was voted for on the old way of things before stories had to be approved. All I was asking was that it be reviewed considering there is a new way to dealing with how stories come about now..

But I still don't get why, if people enjoy stories they can't just access it through the sub forums. Surely that's not a hard task. Most people on the site do not read the stories, so it should not be a burden for the majority. If they are to come back, I won't moan about it, as I use the sub forums, but would still rather they weren't there for when I'm just checking if a thread has been updated.

But I still don't get why, if people enjoy stories they can't just access it through the sub forums. Surely that's not a hard task. Most people on the site do not read the stories, so it should not be a burden for the majority. If they are to come back, I won't moan about it, as I use the sub forums, but would still rather they weren't there for when I'm just checking if a thread has been updated.

As a lot of people do not navigate and they might not know if it has been updated

I think that either there should be a re-vote
Or you can customize your recent threads list and choose what sections you want to come up.

But this is our point. Why should we have to go through the sub-forums to check if a thread has been updated. When I brought that up it was "Why don't you just subscribe?". All I'm saying is that there are only a small amount of stories which get regularly updated, which are all of a fairly good standard considering it's a story about Football Manager. But when they get updated, nobody knows unless they go through the sub-forums, whereas if a thread about 'I want a striker for Arsenal' comes up 6 times, it automatically comes up in Recent Threads. I find those threads much more annoying..

They really shouldn't need to be in the recent threads list because you can subscribe to a story, so you know when it has been updated. It is quite frustrating that many users of this site brand the entire story section as a shambles when there are some really interesting stories out there. If you are a fan of football and of FM, there is sure to be something in the story section that you will find interesting, and it will be missed because you don't browse that part of the site

I think that either there should be a re-vote
Or you can customize your recent threads list and choose what sections you want to come up.

I already brought the customization up in past pages, sadly, not possible.

But this is our point. Why should we have to go through the sub-forums to check if a thread has been updated. When I brought that up it was "Why don't you just subscribe?". All I'm saying is that there are only a small amount of stories which get regularly updated, which are all of a fairly good standard considering it's a story about Football Manager. But when they get updated, nobody knows unless they go through the sub-forums, whereas if a thread about 'I want a striker for Arsenal' comes up 6 times, it automatically comes up in Recent Threads. I find those threads much more annoying..

Because more people voted no.

Meh still, if that was what a majority was then the Conservatives would be the only party in the government.

Not quite the same, this is a yes, no, dont care basis.

That's my take on the topic.

They really shouldn't need to be in the recent threads list because you can subscribe to a story, so you know when it has been updated. It is quite frustrating that many users of this site brand the entire story section as a shambles when there are some really interesting stories out there. If you are a fan of football and of FM, there is sure to be something in the story section that you will find interesting, and it will be missed because you don't browse that part of the site

You can subscribe to any thread on the site, not just stories.

Let the kittens drown. The vast majority of stories are just shoddy, though there are notable exceptions.

Meh still, if that was what a majority was then the Conservatives would be the only party in the government.

Nah, because the people who don't care wouldn't vote most likely. Anyway, it's not like the stories have been banned or anything, it just takes a little longer to find them. I'm sure the people who are worth having as followers will still read them regardless.

Still, you guys say that most of the stories are drivel, so should you not take it up with Jack Fulham and ten other people who approve stories as they are approving them.
And a lot of the threads on various section are drivel but people don't day right lets ban them from recent threads. At least half of the threads on other sections get closed as they are ****.

Still, you guys say that most of the stories are drivel, so should you not take it up with Jack Fulham and ten other people who approve stories as they are approving them.
And a lot of the threads on various section are drivel but people don't day right lets ban them from recent threads. At least half of the threads on other sections get closed as they are ****.
no becuase what happens is that they start well then give after two game weeks.

most of the threads are closed because they are duplicates or in the wrong place though. It will be interesting to see how the blog system works for the stories, as I can see it being even more difficult to find them and see when they have been updated. I guess time will tell...

no becuase what happens is that they start well then give after two game weeks.

Yeah well, maybe if a thread hasn't been updated for 3 weeks the thread could be closed or deleted..?

was just bowt to make a donation to be a premium member and saw it was £9 a year, whereas previous people just made a one off payment. just think its abit steep as the site is very useful to everyone but being a premium member i dont think there are enough benifits to warrent £9 a year, it is only the vip lounge where there is apparently more reliable players for net games where it would benifit me :s dont mean to cause offence

Back