Site Improvements Suggestions

i agree with raf, people who donate first should also follow the current subscriptions.

did u hear jesus say to the people who come to him when after the others came : sorry boys, no room in heaven for u.

what's important is the money, right ;)

i agree with raf, people who donate first should also follow the current subscriptions.

did u hear jesus say to the people who come to him when after the others came : sorry boys, no room in heaven for u.

what's important is the money, right ;)

if we've donated for life, why should we pay more of our monies for a year's subscription when we have it for life?

u paid 2 quid for life and we only get a day for that. 1 good deed for a passport to heaven for u guys, and we get the boot after one day if u paid the same amount. injustice, i think so :)

wasting your time raf, obviously the current members dont want to pay to apparently move the site forward. people saying oh it is fair price etc etc. id bet anything that all of them wouldnt sign onto a £9 anual subscription

u paid 2 quid for life and we only get a day for that. 1 good deed for a passport to heaven for u guys, and we get the boot after one day if u paid the same amount. injustice, i think so :)

should've been here earlier

if we've donated for life, why should we pay more of our monies for a year's subscription when we have it for life?

Because we hardly paid anything for our life membership. I think most Premium members (me included) don't donate regularly because we have it for life, which may be an issue.

Why do people care so much about the 'premium' membership? If you want to, and can, help the site then donate, if you don't then shut up and stop ********. Donations are meant to be just that, you shouldn't expect anything in return, yes there are some small perks to donating set amounts, but that should only be a perk, not the incentive.

Because we hardly paid anything for our life membership. I think most Premium members (me included) don't donate regularly because we have it for life, which may be an issue.

I don't think the prices would've changed but because it was so popular at the time, the prices went up. oneunited - it depends what you want to achieve as a Premium Member, if it's for downloads, knick someone's credit card :P

wasting your time raf, obviously the current members dont want to pay to apparently move the site forward. people saying oh it is fair price etc etc. id bet anything that all of them wouldnt sign onto a £9 anual subscription

Cutsy, Oneunited, and Rafmarinello please stop discussing you know nothing about, it's basic economics. FMB needed funding to move to a server so we decided to offer people a small incentive to donate. After a while we then changed the minimum donation amount as £2 wasn't worth the effort as Paypal would take a huge chunk of it.

With FM11 Sean decided to upgrade the donation system to make it easier to manage and automatic. As most Premium Members aren't forum regulars and only visit for downloads it made a lot of sense to offer shorter memberships so they could get their downloads without any hassle.

It would be massively unfair on everyone who donated before the changes to say, oh sorry but because some people are complaining that they missed out you all have to donate even more, despite all the help you gave us when you needed it.

How do you know the current Premium Members haven't made more than one donation? A lot of people donated more than the minimum amount and did so on more than one occasion. If you don't have access to the information don't make stupid assumptions, it just makes you look foolish.

Sigh, can't believe the discussion about the Stories has went on for so long. If you want to read the stories simply navigate to the Stories Section. They will not be added back into the recent threads list.

Nice to know our suggestion for site improvement was considered so thoroughly.

Nice to know our suggestion for site improvement was considered so thoroughly.

It's been considered before, and was considered again. Until you can put forward a decent reason why it should be added back into the Recent Threads list then it will remain absent.

It's been considered before, and was considered again. Until you can put forward a decent reason why it should be added back into the Recent Threads list then it will remain absent.

So people who want to read stories can know when they are updated? It's the same with every other section. If a thread is active, then it should appear in the Recent Threads list. Basic for a forum no?

Site improvement?!! :O

Yes. That's the name of the thread. You may not agree, but it's opinion.

So people who want to read stories can know when they are updated? It's the same with every other section. If a thread is active, then it should appear in the Recent Threads list. Basic for a forum no?

Are you serious? Do you not listen to anything we say?

Are you serious? Do you not listen to anything we say?

You said "We can navigate through the sub forums". So can everyone else for every other section. Just because people don't read a section, doesn't mean it should be removed from the Recent Threads. I don't go into the Editing sections or Graphics section, but it's still there. Why don't you remove them seeing as only a few people go on there?

You said "We can navigate through the sub forums". So can everyone else for every other section. Just because people don't read a section, doesn't mean it should be removed from the Recent Threads. I don't go into the Editing sections or Graphics section, but it's still there. Why don't you remove them seeing as only a few people go on there?

The reasons why have been stated multiple times. The negatives outweigh your lack of ability to click a forum.

If you want to be taken seriously then start listening and stop repeating the same tired points. Just because you keep repeating yourself it won't automatically make us change your minds.

I await some new reasons why it should be brought back.

The reasons why have been stated multiple times. The negatives outweigh your lack of ability to click a forum.

If you want to be taken seriously then start listening and stop repeating the same tired points. Just because you keep repeating yourself it won't automatically make us change your minds.

I await some new reasons why it should be brought back.

But you're bringing up the same points in which to keep them off. That we can click on the Stories section. However, a massive load of people have claimed that they don't use the Recent Threads list so why is it an issue? Surely it isn't that hard to put [STORY] before the title of every story as it's approved. There are only about 10-12 stories that are actually active, so they'd hardly clog up the Recent Threads list.

Don't see the relevance of the story section argument tbh. Story section is going in due course to make way for the blog system.

As for the laughable donation discussion, I agree with Lee. But just to add that I myself donated £10 when the minimum was £2, this was before I was a staff member and I'd happily do it again if the site needed some help to keep growing and improving.

Last edited:
Back