Site Improvements Suggestions

But you're bringing up the same points in which to keep them off. That we can click on the Stories section. However, a massive load of people have claimed that they don't use the Recent Threads list so why is it an issue? Surely it isn't that hard to put [STORY] before the title of every story as it's approved. There are only about 10-12 stories that are actually active, so they'd hardly clog up the Recent Threads list.

I keep repeating the same points because they are the ones which counter yours. Until you can come up with some points to counter those, I will not change them. That's how you debate.

I count 41 Stories with posts in the last 24 Hours. Are they not active?

Last edited:
I keep repeating the same points because they are the ones which counter yours. Until you can come up with some points to counter those, I will not change them. That's how you debate.

I count 41 Stories with posts in the 24 Hours. Are they not active?

41 stories in 24 hours is nothing. Considering how many threads are commented on and made each 24 hours. 41 stories popping up in Recent Threads spread over 24 hours is absolutely nothing. The problem with FM2010 was that there was hundreds of stories being made and commented on all the time. In the Recent Threads, 4/5 out of 10 would have been stories. That's not the case now, and you know it.

When the older Premium Members donated, we could read something like this:
Donate 4£ (not sure if it was 4) and you have your premium membership assured for life.

And just because the rules have changed, that is no longer relevant? Some members might have donated that amount because they thought it wasn't much for a life premium membership. Maybe if the rules were always the actual ones, there wouldn't be so many memebers turning premium. If the rule now changed for everyone, that wouldn't be fair, as the site'd be fooling us. Even if in some years the premium membership is 50£ for a week, the ones who donated 2£ memebrship couldn't be taken of from them.

Btw, if I donate more now (and I got my premium membership while it was lifelong) will I get a limited one?

I didn't even realise people read storys.

I think we should keep the stories section , because what if people can't get into the blogging system?

I am unsure if you should put it into the recent threads but if you do put [ST] or something like that before it.

And if you don't wan't loads of stories unfinished then like say no one can start a story with under 200 posts ?

Btw, if I donate more now (and I got my premium membership while it was lifelong) will I get a limited one?

As far as I know you should retain your lifelong membership.

Story threads will not appear in the recent threads list - please stop asking

Like Jake has said, when the new system is ready (probably another few months though I am afraid) there will be a whole block just for story updates and a separate one for recent posts and another one for recent threads.

it will be cool if each user have "timer" on his profile - how many hours he spend being on forum (h)

Sorry that would be too server intensive. There is usually 1000 people online and doing this constantly would kill the servers. A nice idea though :)

you won't get an infraction mate don't worry.

A fairer thing to do would be to make the people who had the old subscription pay with the new one now. Instead of just newer members as it is highly unfair.
It's sorta the equivalent of say having to pay rent in you mums home but then your bro/sis/lodger whatever not having to pay. A bit unfair no..?

So basically you want me to turn around to everyone who received premium membership for life and tell them it's now canceled and they have to pay again? Doesn't seem fair to me.

Anyway, i got in when it was £4 i think, you were also allowed to donate by phone then, so was much easier.

Donations by phone were handy, the service that took the payments took over a 50% cut though and I felt it was unfair that the members donations were barely even getting through to FM-Base.

As for the laughable donation discussion, i agree with lee. But just to add that i myself donated £10 when the minimum was £2, this was before i was a staff member and i'd happily do it again if the site needed some help to keep growing and improving.

Stop showing off Jake, don't you realise how difficult it is for people to afford £9 these days! ;)

It should be fine. But if for some reason it does return you to a 'regular' member after the subscription period just drop me a message and I will sort it out :)

I completely agree that it isn't necessary to put stories in the recent thread list, but why have certain premium members been allowed to post in the premium members thread in order to cheat the system and get them on the recent thread list?

u paid 2 quid for life and we only get a day for that. 1 good deed for a passport to heaven for u guys, and we get the boot after one day if u paid the same amount. injustice, i think so :)

People who paid less, paid less because the site was on a cheaper server. I swear this was mentioned by Lee in previous pages?

Anyway, the more expensive the server, the more money the site needs to run. Afterall did you see it after release of FM11?

Can you pay from premium membership by laser card as I don't have Paypal?

Can you put money on that through a laser card ye?

What I did was make a paypal, then added my card details, then go to User CP, paid subscription, chose the subscription I wanted then it told me to login to paypal, which I did and it took the money straight from my card ;)

What I did was make a paypal, then added my card details, then go to User CP, paid subscription, chose the subscription I wanted then it told me to login to paypal, which I did and it took the money straight from my card ;)
Alri sound thanks mate :)

Back