Site Improvements Suggestions

Oh, sorry, misread it as you not getting pop ups or notifications for PM's.

I have no idea whats going on then. On a simialr note, when anyone PM's me i get an email, which in turn is forwarded to my Blackberry. I have noticed that the emails seem to be coming through to my Blackberry a few hours after the PM. Assumed it was an issue between my inbox and the Blackberry, but if others are having the issue then i guess Sean will look into it when he gets some time.

That would probably have something to do with your BB, it's probably that's it's syncing is a bit dodgy of something, not the site

That would probably have something to do with your BB, it's probably that's it's syncing is a bit dodgy of something, not the site

Considering (after checking) that other emails come through fine, and others are repoting site issues surrounding the PM's my emails are connected to, I'm guessing its probably not my BB.

Sorry but if your argument is based on a ridiculous assumption, what do you want me to do? There's a difference between making sensible suggestions and the things you were saying.

in your opinion it is a ridiculous assumption, i dont agree with everything you say but i dont say your foolish and you make ridiculous assumptions. Id more then likely get infracted. At the end of the day people will have differant oppinions, just because it is your oppinion it doesnt necceseraly mean its right. I just think you go about it the wrong way. the other mod explanation was alot clearer without the sarcastic comments after everything

Last edited:
Considering (after checking) that other emails come through fine, and others are repoting site issues surrounding the PM's my emails are connected to, I'm guessing its probably not my BB.

Hmmm not sure. How do the PM's come through to your bb (method , like on browser)

You could enable who is online. That would be great

Displaying the who is online list is quite server intensive. When things quieten down again it will be brought back.

Oh, sorry, misread it as you not getting pop ups or notifications for PM's.

I have no idea whats going on then. On a simialr note, when anyone PM's me i get an email, which in turn is forwarded to my Blackberry. I have noticed that the emails seem to be coming through to my Blackberry a few hours after the PM. Assumed it was an issue between my inbox and the Blackberry, but if others are having the issue then i guess Sean will look into it when he gets some time.

Yeah, I haven't been getting pop-ups about PMs for at least half a year, but I still have been getting notifis

Sorry but if your argument is based on a ridiculous assumption, what do you want me to do? There's a difference between making sensible suggestions and the things you were saying.

in your opinion it is a ridiculous assumption, i dont agree with everything you say but i dont say your foolish and you make ridiculous assumptions. Id more then likely get infracted. At the end of the day people will have differant oppinions, just because it is your oppinion it doesnt necceseraly mean its right. I just think you go about it the wrong way. the other mod explanation was alot clearer without the sarcastic comments after everything

It wasn't a sarcastic comment at all, it was just being honest.

I know people have different opinions, but that doesn't excuse your ignorance. It's not your opinion I have the problem with, it was the falsifications which you used to back up your opinion. If I was to start a debate with someone and I was to base my argument on nonsense I would expect the same treatment.

Last edited:
To stop countless amounts of threads asking for something when there's already a thread on it, I think it would be a good idea if there was a minimum post requirement to make threads or that mods should approve the threads.

While it's a decent idea, It would be terribly difficult to manage.

maybe the FM11 General Discussion forum should be the same as the Story section, each new thread has to be verified by mods - it would be hard to stay on top, but it would eradicate dupe threads

maybe the FM11 General Discussion forum should be the same as the Story section, each new thread has to be verified by mods - it would be hard to stay on top, but it would eradicate dupe threads

Surely that'd be too many for the mods to manage? It'd be a good idea if it worked, but the manpower is too great for it to be viable surely?

That said, if anyone can stop another "WTF XML PARSING ERROR WHUT" thread appearing in General Discussions they have my blessing.

Surely that'd be too many for the mods to manage? It'd be a good idea if it worked, but the manpower is too great for it to be viable surely?

That said, if anyone can stop another "WTF XML PARSING ERROR WHUT" thread appearing in General Discussions they have my blessing.

it would be nearly impossible for the General Discussion mods, but maybe just moving two or three across sections would be ok?

Maybe there should be an XML Parsing Error section :P

On fmbase on my phone for the 1st time and wondered if the tapatalk app is worth buying? About 2 quid I think. Anybody use it? didn't think the question needed its own thread and its about the site so I thought I'd ask on this thread.

Opinions welcome, cheers!

On fmbase on my phone for the 1st time and wondered if the tapatalk app is worth buying? About 2 quid I think. Anybody use it? didn't think the question needed its own thread and its about the site so I thought I'd ask on this thread.

Opinions welcome, cheers!

Definitely worth it. I use it all the time, only downer to it is it doesn't show VM's but nonetheless a very good app. Defo recommend it.

Definitely worth it. I use it all the time, only downer to it is it doesn't show VM's but nonetheless a very good app. Defo recommend it.

Cheers for the reply DMF, do you use it alot? What do you uae it on? I have a HTC desire and the sie actually seems to run pretty well on it (faster than my work pc haha)

What are the advantages?

Sorry but in my opinion i dont like the millions of threads in recent threads list 10 at max i think as 15 is too much

(A)

Cheers for the reply DMF, do you use it alot? What do you uae it on? I have a HTC desire and the sie actually seems to run pretty well on it (faster than my work pc haha)

What are the advantages?

I tend to use it whenever I'm waiting for a train/bus when bored, or when I want to see FM-Base when I'm not at home.

I use it on my iPhone and yeah it's pretty quick, probably quicker than some people's laptops I know and using Safari. Advantages I'd say are probably the fact that everything is split up clearly into sections and it shows everything. Also shows the seperate posts clearly and the Users, and also supports the 'Quote' feature of the website. Excellent app as I said.

Back