Site Improvements Suggestions

Live Chat Box

It can reduce members from spamming, where me and a few guys here are very capable of.
But it will reduce post count up too.

Live Chat Box

It can reduce members from spamming, where me and a few guys here are very capable of.
But it will reduce post count up too.

Its been discussed before, and rejected.

Will just turn into a load of randoms asking for Cracks, and will be very hard to moderate.

Generally if you want to chat then just use IRC

Its been discussed before, and rejected.

Will just turn into a load of randoms asking for Cracks, and will be very hard to moderate.

Generally if you want to chat then just use IRC
I don't have money to pay :(

Oh, I thought he's refering to mIRC
But I don't know which IRC to use?
Can any of you recommend some and hopefully teach me how to use it?

Mirc is free, you can donate but don't need to. Search Irc in the search bar and instructions are in the first thread.

How about a 'Should I take this job' thread where people can post for advice if they are already at a club and have been offered a job somewhere else, would save threads like these popping up;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/should-i-sign-or-not-with-m-united-t57532.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/should-i-switch-teams-t57170.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/what-should-i-do-t56227.html

I personally feel that having a thread would encourage the question to be asked, when only the user him/herself should make the decision.

When I click, view your posts (or whatever it is) sometimes I double click and I have to wait 30 seconds. Sean can you maybe make it so that if you do double it doesn't make you wait?

When I click, view your posts (or whatever it is) sometimes I double click and I have to wait 30 seconds. Sean can you maybe make it so that if you do double it doesn't make you wait?

Probably isn't his fault. Probably either your browser or your connection.

Don't double click then, the first click is going through and querying the search engine, then the second click sends another query and triggers the search delay thing. If he removed it the servers could and probably would be easily raped via search.

Dont see what is the fuss about all this Premiere Member Subscirption...

Agreed new members have to pay higher than older members for Premium Membership but I look at it in a way of how oil was cheaper 4-5 years ago and now its more expensive, as Lee explained the Economics of the situation, before FM-Base needed money to run their servers so they started to ask people for small donations, in a way I think they felt if hey received small donations from alot of people it will amount to a tidy sum, but now FM-Base has proceeded onto better servers which need more money to run thus the larger donations being asked

What Rafamarinello and the rest are suggesting is plain stupid, its like going to a shop and asking them why u had to pay 70 pounds for oil when your friend paid 50 pounds for oil 3-4 years before when it was still in plentiful supply, so we should go back to all the people who paid for oil in the last few years and ask them to pay more

I think this would have been something to consider if the price for Premium Membership was like a thousand pounds now anually and 500 pounds before for life but its only 10 pounds for a year so its not like there is a huge margin

No offence intended but I dont see all the fuss about Premium Membership, you get a few perks and stuff but the main reason you should do it is to help the site keep running

Don't double click then, the first click is going through and querying the search engine, then the second click sends another query and triggers the search delay thing. If he removed it the servers could and probably would be easily raped via search.

Yeah, I know but I do it accidentally, because the trackpad (or whatever it is called) is a bit retarded on my laptop :(

I've always liked it on the side where it says who we support to have other things.

E.G

I've always liked it on the side where it says who we support to have other things.

E.G

I agree with all except having post count there, in my opinion there is already enough of a problem with people spamming to increase their post count withoiut having it displayed without even going onto your profile page.

Maybe a Bump button on every thread that can only be used three times? Reduces the amount of people saying "Bump" or "Anyone".

Maybe a Bump button on every thread that can only be used three times? Reduces the amount of people saying "Bump" or "Anyone".

I think, if anything, warnings/infractions should be handed to 'bumpers'. People will eventually browse the site and find it.

I think, if anything, warnings/infractions should be handed to 'bumpers'. People will eventually browse the site and find it.

If I come across bumps then I usually infract them.

Sorry but I don't see why bumps are so bad.
If on a legitimate discussion thread or on a help thread, I don't see a problem. Someone may of made a good discussion thread, it went un-noticed and then they bump it and maybe a convo starts don't see the problem.
Someone asked for help, no replies so they bump and then maybe someone notices it. I don't see the problem with bumps on legitimate threads.

Back