Site Improvements Suggestions

Sorry but I don't see why bumps are so bad.
If on a legitimate discussion thread or on a help thread, I don't see a problem. Someone may of made a good discussion thread, it went un-noticed and then they bump it and maybe a convo starts don't see the problem.
Someone asked for help, no replies so they bump and then maybe someone notices it. I don't see the problem with bumps on legitimate threads.

If a discussion thread is so good, it would be bumped by a response.

If a problem is fixable, it will be bumped by an answer.

When I click, view your posts (or whatever it is) sometimes I double click and I have to wait 30 seconds. Sean can you maybe make it so that if you do double it doesn't make you wait?

Sorry but there is no way to determine if a search was done accidentally.

I've always liked it on the side where it says who we support to have other things.

E.G

All of this info (maybe not the post count) will be available when the new design is ready.

If a discussion thread is so good, it would be bumped by a response.

If a problem is fixable, it will be bumped by an answer.

Ok, I can see where your coming from with the discussion thread one.
But say I make a thread saying, how do I do this...
an hour passes, and still no answers, I don't see why it is so bad for the OP to write bump so it can get noticed an answered.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Sorry but there is no way to determine if a search was done accidentally.

All of this info (maybe not the post count) will be available when the new design is ready.

Ummmm, sorry to be a pest. I know you have been asked this many times, so excuse me but approximatly when will it be up.

Ummmm, sorry to be a pest. I know you have been asked this many times, so excuse me but approximatly when will it be up.

I can't say. New versions of the software keep getting released which mean I have to make more changes.

I plan on working on it all day tomorrow though so hopefully make a fair bit of progress.

I can't say. New versions of the software keep getting released which mean I have to make more changes.

I plan on working on it all day tomorrow though so hopefully make a fair bit of progress.

Will the site be down while you do work on it? Or will it just be running like normal?

Will the site be down while you do work on it? Or will it just be running like normal?

It will be running as normal. I have the new version set up on a mirror so it's safe for me to work on the new version while this version runs without interruption. When the switchover does happen though the site will be down for a few hours, although I will try and do this during the early hours of the morning.

Sorry but I don't see why bumps are so bad.
If on a legitimate discussion thread or on a help thread, I don't see a problem. Someone may of made a good discussion thread, it went un-noticed and then they bump it and maybe a convo starts don't see the problem.
Someone asked for help, no replies so they bump and then maybe someone notices it. I don't see the problem with bumps on legitimate threads.

Sometimes good discussion threads cna go unnoticed if there are loads of active threads during the period it was created bu such instances are very far and few so this is really a minor problem :)

Just to ask, what exactly is the New Design?

If you're asking what the new site design will look like, it will be completely different to what it looks like now and less cluttered. I don't really know what to say really it's all changing but the colour scheme is blue, white and dark grey.

Oh yeah and the new blog system of course for stories etc.

If you're asking what the new site design will look like, it will be completely different to what it looks like now and less cluttered. I don't really know what to say really it's all changing but the colour scheme is blue, white and dark grey.

good, the colour scheme looks good here, I hope it doesn't change too much as well :)

Last edited:
Looks good.. Hopefully won't be too long now!

Back