Site Improvements Suggestions

thats epic Sean

do we lose our avatars though?

We don't - it seems if you click a user's name, instead of a list of options, the box appears (picture 2) along with the avatar.

Its 2 dark......

oO) its not it looks so much better black more of a modern feel

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

We don't - it seems if you click a user's name, instead of a list of options, the box appears (picture 2) along with the avatar.

it looks better without them on show anyway

Bits are a tad dark - e.g BBC sport in dark blue over a blackish grey background.....

Looking pretty good otherwise though

I like the new design, but coming from a fellow web designer, I think it would look better if the post headers where a lighter grey. Perhaps even use a css background on them with a repeated set of diagonal, semitransparent lines.

Or perhaps experiment with different colours for the header as it is a bit monochromatic.

Last edited:
I like the new design, but coming from a fellow web designer, I think it would look better if the post headers where a lighter grey. Perhaps even give them a background tile that repeats, like repeated faint diagonal lines. I hope that made sense... :S

Or perhaps experiment with different colours for the header as it is a bit monochromatic.

Yeah, the colours for me are too dark to.
I think the current colour scheme is ace!

It's not actually as dark as people are making out - remember, you aren't seeing a full screen preview, just what a thread would look like that 'header' is just the background colour...there's still going to be an FM-Base header above all that (which isn't grey/black)...

..or if is possible to each user have option to change background color?

Not sure if it's already mentioned in these 38 pages.....

What i would like is that when your are in the View Your Post sections and click on one of the many posts to see follow ups you need to manually go to the page your post is on. It would be more convenient when clicking the link would take you to the actual post you made. Small thing, dunno if it's hard to change.

The first arrow below takes you page 1 of 45 or so
The second arrow takes you to an isolated post

4806189.png

What i would like is that when your are in the View Your Post sections and click on one of the many posts to see follow ups you need to manually go to the page your post is on. It would be more convenient when clicking the link would take you to the actual post you made. Small thing, dunno if it's hard to change.

4806189.png

Thanks. It has been mentioned before and has been fixed on the new software.

4806189.png

when you go on your own post in the top right if you click on the thread name it will go to the full thread where your post is

how about a section for shopping on the site? example making some FM-Base Mugs, T-Shirts, Car Stickers and so on, this can help the site gaining a little big more money. I'm saying this cause i love this site and i am a full member cause i think the people on this site are working hard to keep it the best site for Football Manager and if the shop is created, i'll be one of the first to buys stuff and i'm sure many fans will!!

Don't worry, it isn't too dark. Everything that matters is still on a light background.

Sorry that is something I don't want to implement.

Rich Text Editor?

Yes a rich text editor. I should of made it clearer. I don't really like using BB Code, and I think it would be much easier if there was a rich text editor!

Yes a rich text editor. I should of made it clearer. I don't really like using BB Code, and I think it would be much easier if there was a rich text editor!

There's a wysiwyg editor. All you have to do is click the A/A in the top right corner of the edit box.

Back