Site Improvements Suggestions

There's a wysiwyg editor. All you have to do is click the A/A in the top right corner of the edit box.

I dunno if it's just me but it doesn't work. Is the wysiswyg editor any different.
I mean an RTE editor, so it sorta looks like Word if you get what I'm saying.

I dunno if it's just me but it doesn't work. Is the wysiswyg editor any different.
I mean an RTE editor, so it sorta looks like Word if you get what I'm saying.

Does work, click the a/A then press B, comes up with [ B][ /B]

Does work, click the a/A then press B, comes up with [ B][ /B]

So it does work for me. I am saying for a RTE so that instead of it saying [ /b] it will actually come up in bold.
Make it easier and less confusing for when you are writing huge posts IMO.

So it does work for me. I am saying for a RTE so that instead of it saying [ /b] it will actually come up in bold.
Make it easier and less confusing for when you are writing huge posts IMO.

Click it again, then click B

I know, but then the BB codes come up. I am suggesting an RTE so that instead of having BB codes, it will actually come up in bold when writing the post.

That's what it does. Either it doesn't work for you or you just fail at clicking.

wysiwyg = What you see is what you get

I don't have that in the top right? :S I have the one on the top left though.

qnMAT.png

Thanks for that, although it was already set to that.

It could be the browser you are using rafa. On Safari it shows the BB Code, whereas on my Firefox it shows it properly

It could be the browser you are using rafa. On Safari it shows the BB Code, whereas on my Firefox it shows it properly

Hmm, maybe. I am on Chrome. I will try what Lee said, then I will try on another browser.

On the new layout are avatars being replaced by icon sized avatars? Also blue user name of BBC Sport could do with being a little bit lighter, it doesn't stand out against the dark background. I'd keep the same hue, but use the saturation and brightness of the admin green.

On the new layout are avatars being replaced by icon sized avatars? Also blue user name of BBC Sport could do with being a little bit lighter, it doesn't stand out against the dark background. I'd keep the same hue, but use the saturation and brightness of the admin green.

On Sean's second image he posted you can see the avatars on the drop down menu when you hover over a person's name. The standard user names have been changed to white now so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Will Premium Members' names still be in the electric blue it is now?

Hmm, maybe. I am on Chrome. I will try what Lee said, then I will try on another browser.

Was just looking on the vbulletin site and I noticed that it's one of the features that they are working on still. So for the foreseeable future there will be no WYSIWYG editor for Chrome or Safari.

Are not included in this release. Due to both the editor, and the flexible URL mapping affecting all aspects of our product, development and QA has taken a longer period of time than we had initially envisaged, and we are not sufficiently satisfied with the level of quality of either item to release them as features in their current state. Both items will be made available in future releases. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Back