Site Improvements Suggestions

Please note that the site will be down later tonight while Sean is fixing the search feature.

Woop can he bring in the guardian bot too?

Can't. Had a strong worded email from the Guardian before saying that we have to pay if want to use their articles like that :(

EDIT:

Posted before i saw above post

What other bots can you get?

Last edited:
Btw to make sure BBC don't mislead you, you can just wave your mouse on the headline and it shows the OP, easy

Approximately what time will the site go down Sean?

Between 11pm-12am tonight.

EDIT:

Posted before i saw above post

What other bots can you get?

Any RSS feed can be used. So if you have any RSS feeds that you think might be worth putting on just post them in this thread and we will take a look.

Can't. Had a strong worded email from the Guardian before saying that we have to pay if want to use their articles like that :(
fair enough :(

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Btw to make sure BBC don't mislead you, you can just wave your mouse on the headline and it shows the OP, easy
you miss the point, the whole article and headline twists the facts. its ***** these days

Are the telegraph and Guardian not like the same thing?

if so what about a telegraph bot?

fair enough :(

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

you miss the point, the whole article and headline twists the facts. its ***** these days

Ok, skim reading again :( ;)

Seriously? Shame on us for using their RSS feeds to display their articles in the way all RSS readers do.

I think it's pretty disgusting that they want money for us to use an RSS feed considering it's a free to use website & it's attracting more readers oO)

I think it's pretty disgusting that they want money for us to use an RSS feed considering it's a free to use website & it's attracting more readers oO)
pretty bizarre argument from them, what about the independent?

either way i'll still manually put them up from the guardian

It will be down tonight now instead, apologies.

Back