Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello mate just wanted to say thanks for the work you have done. I find your tactics work well.

In the 4231 the target man supply is set to feet. Its ticked but doesnt let me to change it even if i also tick who the target man is. Is this ok or a bug?

No it's not. Has to be a bug on your end. I have even re-downloaded the tactic to check if everything is okay. None of those boxes are supposed to be ticked.

Outstanding tactics......
My West Ham team had performing to a pretty average level with 1 FA cup from 6 seasons. I introduced this system halfway during the 6th season with mixed results initially, I then slightly adjusted the CM's to a DLP and BTB and finished the season well as the team became more accustomed to the tactic.

The following season was a revelation!!!

Won the BPL with 102 points!

Thanks again.

Guys, please test and post results of my newest tactic "Underdog Beast" :)

Yo, ive been switching between all 3 of your tactics since i only bought the game a few days ago, despite being a FM vet. Second half of first season at Wigan I used the 4-2-3-1 godlike, and it was inconsistant despite some amazing matches. Last few matches of first season I hit bad form and tried out the 4-5-1 for "weaker" teams, and it worked and I finished strong and in top half of prem. so second season started after a huge rebuild, and continued using 4-5-1, but it didnt feel strong, felt far too loose against great quality players. After conceding a lot of goals at the start of the season ive now switched to the Underdog Beast tactic and ive improved dramatically, currently sitting in 5th place, punching way above my weight for what is still a poor squad after missing out on most 1st, 2nd and 3rd targets for each squad position in summer.

Anyway, so far so good with the underdog beast tactic, it definitely doesnt turn a weak team into Barcelona, there are some boring matches with little action, but it is grinding results atm. And it limits the world class teams to only scoring 1 or 2 and not 5 or 6.

Here is a screenie of my fixture list so far in second season, KUTGW ;)

View attachment 296323

Good tactic and I'm first in the league 5 points clear as Man City but the tactic seems to really struggle away against top teams. It's only January and so far I've lost away to Liverpool (2-0), Arsenal (4-1), Spurs (2-1) and Chelsea (2-1)... Any tweaks you advise?

Yo, ive been switching between all 3 of your tactics since i only bought the game a few days ago, despite being a FM vet. Second half of first season at Wigan I used the 4-2-3-1 godlike, and it was inconsistant despite some amazing matches. Last few matches of first season I hit bad form and tried out the 4-5-1 for "weaker" teams, and it worked and I finished strong and in top half of prem. so second season started after a huge rebuild, and continued using 4-5-1, but it didnt feel strong, felt far too loose against great quality players. After conceding a lot of goals at the start of the season ive now switched to the Underdog Beast tactic and ive improved dramatically, currently sitting in 5th place, punching way above my weight for what is still a poor squad after missing out on most 1st, 2nd and 3rd targets for each squad position in summer.

Anyway, so far so good with the underdog beast tactic, it definitely doesnt turn a weak team into Barcelona, there are some boring matches with little action, but it is grinding results atm. And it limits the world class teams to only scoring 1 or 2 and not 5 or 6.

Here is a screenie of my fixture list so far in second season, KUTGW ;)

View attachment 296323

That was my whole point, limiting the top teams scoring chances against you, and getting goals with little possession. Of course it doesn't turn a weak team into Barcelona xD But yeah, it's all about grinding points, to keep you doing good until you have a strong enough team for the 4-2-3-1 godlike version :)

Wow, really strong victory away against City!

Good tactic and I'm first in the league 5 points clear as Man City but the tactic seems to really struggle away against top teams. It's only January and so far I've lost away to Liverpool (2-0), Arsenal (4-1), Spurs (2-1) and Chelsea (2-1)... Any tweaks you advise?

I take it you are using my godlike version? Then yes, I recommend trying some of the tweaks on the front page, but only if you are getting bad results over time, and that the tactic is 100% fluid on all areas.

I take it you are using my godlike version? Then yes, I recommend trying some of the tweaks on the front page, but only if you are getting bad results over time, and that the tactic is 100% fluid on all areas.

Yeah, the godlike version. The first 2 (possibly 3) results were on less then 100% fluidity.

Wow, really strong victory away against City!

Yeah, out of this world defensive performances from Isaac Vorsah and Andrea Costa at DC in that game, Vorsah is a real beast at DC with this tactic, eats up every striker. And Mattia Destro grabbing 2 goals from only 2 shots secured the win, very pleased. Also just noticed that the underdog tactic aint 100% fluid yet, its lacking a bit on the "formation" bar, so hopefully itll get stronger in second half of the season, but yeah, im guessing once i have built a stronger team over the next summer or 2, i might have to start using the 4-2-3-1 godlike again, and maybe perhaps slowly incorporate it into my home matches or next season or something, have to wait and see, but right now this underdog tactic is great, thanks.

Yeah, out of this world defensive performances from Isaac Vorsah and Andrea Costa at DC in that game, Vorsah is a real beast at DC with this tactic, eats up every striker. And Mattia Destro grabbing 2 goals from only 2 shots secured the win, very pleased. Also just noticed that the underdog tactic aint 100% fluid yet, its lacking a bit on the "formation" bar, so hopefully itll get stronger in second half of the season, but yeah, im guessing once i have built a stronger team over the next summer or 2, i might have to start using the 4-2-3-1 godlike again, and maybe perhaps slowly incorporate it into my home matches or next season or something, have to wait and see, but right now this underdog tactic is great, thanks.

The underdog tactic will still be nice to have on the side, for difficult away matches etc..

:)

i have a question :? why is so important about the tactic to be fluid in all areas.. i start the season and they smash me.. 5 from 8 are fluid other are competent :? i am playing with werder bremen : )

Last edited:
i have a question :? why is so important about the tactic to be fluid in all areas.. i start the season and they smash me.. 5 from 8 are fluid other are competent :?

Because the team isn't playing the tactic if it's not 100% fluid...

Last edited:
For me the tactic doesn't work

And when i see my match, this is very bad.

View attachment 296335

i will continue 2 or 3 matchs more and change if it don't work better

i never see tactic with 20 shot by match and 1 goal ... I always have injury and i take too much goal in the last 15 minutes.

For me the tactic doesn't work

And when i see my match, this is very bad.

View attachment 296335

i will continue 2 or 3 matchs more and change if it don't work better

i never see tactic with 20 shot by match and 1 goal ... I always have injury and i take too much goal in the last 15 minutes.

Post Tactics and Training Screen please. Injuries have nothing to do with the tactic btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back