Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will test this with liverpool and update on results.

ody, that would be great if you can. Thanks. Just hope it works for you like it has done for me.

I did, I lost more games than I won with it. My board wouldn't let me live it down because I got knocked out of the Europa League qualifying stages by Vitesse Armen (I think thats how you spell it) using that tactic. The goals in which I was conceding was shocking, anything between 1-6 goals a game.

I did, I lost more games than I won with it. My board wouldn't let me live it down because I got knocked out of the Europa League qualifying stages by Vitesse Armen (I think thats how you spell it) using that tactic. The goals in which I was conceding was shocking, anything between 1-6 goals a game.

That is so weird. I've had immense success with it playing mid-top teams.

I know, proper weird! I cant put my finger on why this was happening? I followed everything to a tee like you stated but with no joy. Just glad with the amendments I've made to your formation, everything seems to have picked up dramatically. Just need to get rid of Pepe Reina as his average rating is less than 7.00 for the season. Who I will replace him with then I just dont know :)

I know, proper weird! I cant put my finger on why this was happening? I followed everything to a tee like you stated but with no joy. Just glad with the amendments I've made to your formation, everything seems to have picked up dramatically. Just need to get rid of Pepe Reina as his average rating is less than 7.00 for the season. Who I will replace him with then I just dont know :)

In my game, Reina is the best goalie in the world...

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a good tactic. Certainly not godlike.

All Mr. Langvatn has done is choose a formation and the roles. Almost every setting is default anyway. And reading through the entire thread it seems like whenever there is a problem he just says "Maybe your team isn't good enough" or "You must remember that your league is very tough". Actually, it's more likely that this is just an average tactic which will work (as most default tactics will) if you manage a team that is head & shoulders better than anyone else in your league.

I understand how the game works in terms of probability, roles of the dice, etc. That's what makes a good tactic. It should create opportunities which allow your team to exploit a strength they have, or a weakness the opposition has in terms of the roles of those dice.

It seems that this tactic, however, is just a "make sure you have a dominant squad" tactic.

I'm gonna try out your tweak on it now, see how it works. But I'm gonna use trequartista and Advanced forward instead of AP and poacher.

To be honest, this doesn't seem like a good tactic. Certainly not godlike.

All Mr. Langvatn has done is choose a formation and the roles. Almost every setting is default anyway. And reading through the entire thread it seems like whenever there is a problem he just says "Maybe your team isn't good enough" or "You must remember that your league is very tough". Actually, it's more likely that this is just an average tactic which will work (as most default tactics will) if you manage a team that is head & shoulders better than anyone else in your league.

I understand how the game works in terms of probability, roles of the dice, etc. That's what makes a good tactic. It should create opportunities which allow your team to exploit a strength they have, or a weakness the opposition has in terms of the roles of those dice.

It seems that this tactic, however, is just a "make sure you have a dominant squad" tactic.

Dude, the tactic is made for top teams. I have two other tactics too. One for underdogs, and one for mid teams. Don't be disrespectful like this. It's just sad. There are hundreds of players who have had immense success with my tactics this patch.

Check out Ilfandy's tactic testing project. You will see that my tactics do very well against other top tactics out there.
Send in your tactic for testing, and beat my tactics in a proper tactic test. You can't just go around flaming others when you don't have **** yourself...

Last edited:
It's not disrespectful. And I don't mean it to be.

I read through the whole of the 2 threads about Spin The Wheel and just wasn't impressed. Not because it doesn't work for everyone, I think it's unfair to expect a tactic to work for every team in the game.. obviously. But because it seems like you just uploaded a bunch of default settings and then tell people they need the top players. Well, the top players would do well in any tactic with default settings as long as the roles suit their attributes and there's no massive flaw (eg. a high line with slow defenders).

Anyway, I'll look at your other tactics and see what you do differently there. I hope it's not just more defaults though...

Congrats on the success of this, I guess.

Well, as long as this i win with this tactic with Newcastle everything, i dont care if its default settings or not 8-|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back