Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not disrespectful. And I don't mean it to be.

I read through the whole of the 2 threads about Spin The Wheel and just wasn't impressed. Not because it doesn't work for everyone, I think it's unfair to expect a tactic to work for every team in the game.. obviously. But because it seems like you just uploaded a bunch of default settings and then tell people they need the top players. Well, the top players would do well in any tactic with default settings as long as the roles suit their attributes and there's no massive flaw (eg. a high line with slow defenders).

There aren't many default settings at all in team settings. Dude, I'm not Mr Hough, I'm not making classic tactics, as I don't have the time for that. I'm doing my best, and I have made three tactics. One for big teams, one for middle teams, and one for weaker teams. I have worked a lot on these, testing over 200 games per tactic to see what works best, what roles, what team settings, what formation etc etc. One of my three tactics will definitely fit your team. This is the first year I upload my tactics. Played FM/CM for 20 years though. And 95% of the people downloading my tactics seem to be enjoying them, so why should you care?

Anyway, I'll look at your other tactics and see what you do differently there. I hope it's not just more defaults though...

Congrats on the success of this, I guess.

The only "player" settings I've changed is turning off long shots on everybody. Otherwise, I am only tinkering with team settings in all my tactics. This seems to have worked out very good for the players downloading them too, because then they can change settings so it suits their team.

And there is a reason why thousands of people download my tactics, it's because they generally do good for most teams.

The match engine however, is NOT stable, which could explain why some have immense success, while others fail hard, using same team and same tactic...

Last edited:
And, one more thing, you say the only thing I say to people when it's not working is that they need better players. I have ONLY said that about the godlike version, because it needs a decent team to work. 99% of the time I tell them they need to get to 100% fluid on all areas of the tactics to get success with them. Because almost every single player who have said they had problems, didn't have the tactics fully familiar...

It seems to me you are more interested in tactics that can make weak teams good, then you need to try the underdog tactic. Worked wonders for my Reading team (most underdog team in the EPL).

Last edited:
Going to test your underdog tactics with Leeds.After failing with loads and loads of tactics your 4-2-3-1 got me 2nd place in the championship and I now look forward to Leeds in the Premier league testing your tactics.Will post some screenies after some games.

Going to test your underdog tactics with Leeds.After failing with loads and loads of tactics your 4-2-3-1 got me 2nd place in the championship and I now look forward to Leeds in the Premier league testing your tactics.Will post some screenies after some games.

Sweet :) When you get a strong enough team to use my 4-2-3-1 again, remember to download the latest version :) It's on the front page :)

ok so far with the 4231 it has been great at home but the away form is all over the place. 1-2 loss to southampton 2-2 draw with sligo rovers and a 2-1 win against staebaek. but my home games have been comfortable wins although i havent come up against a top team yet. i did however sign wellington nem and he has been a real gem. MoM in every game except 1. average rating of 8.5 and top scorer of the europa league with 6 goals. i am not fully competent with the formations but almost there, i have loaded all 3 so i will switch around to see what will work away. wellington nem was my only first team signing.

ok so far with the 4231 it has been great at home but the away form is all over the place. 1-2 loss to southampton 2-2 draw with sligo rovers and a 2-1 win against staebaek. but my home games have been comfortable wins although i havent come up against a top team yet. i did however sign wellington nem and he has been a real gem. MoM in every game except 1. average rating of 8.5 and top scorer of the europa league with 6 goals. i am not fully competent with the formations but almost there, i have loaded all 3 so i will switch around to see what will work away. wellington nem was my only first team signing.

Tick the playmaker box on, and set it to "none". It works better, because if your trequartista had a bad day at work, your team still scores :) It's included in my latest upload of the tactic.

ok will try. i signed isco on deadline day too so that will give me more options. any touchline instructions? just tried again prior to reading your latest post and drew 2-2 with reading away. so will tick playmaker and none.

ok will try. i signed isco on deadline day too so that will give me more options. any touchline instructions? just tried again prior to reading your latest post and drew 2-2 with reading away. so will tick playmaker and none.

I haven't been using any touchline instructions.

nope it still does not appear to be working for liverpool. i won to chelsea at home 2-1 just and then lost to swansea 2-1 away and west brom 2-1 away. trying both the 4231 and the 451 following the instructions from the original post and also clicking the playmaker to none. Im just leaking too many goals and alot are coming from set pieces and then some are the ME with players playing ridiculous cross field passes in the box when there are 2 attackers pressing hard. All 3 of the formations are competent but i have yet to try the underdog 1 as i dont see liverpool as underdogs. I also lost 2-0 to napoli at home with 4231.

Any ideas?

During pre season do i put general training in very high or in average ?
Because for the 1st league match i have never 100% fluid tactic.

sorry bad english...

I use only Underdog tactic (going great) but i also have problems with me T

24 apps, 2 goals, 4 assist. He is Adryan. (14+ in all his Treq required atts)

Any advice?

I use only Underdog tactic (going great) but i also have problems with me T

24 apps, 2 goals, 4 assist. He is Adryan. (14+ in all his Treq required atts)

Any advice?

Maybe you can try the other role-pairs for the FC and the AMC which I sugguested on the front page. I would try Complete Forward Support + Attacking Midfielder Attack.

nope it still does not appear to be working for liverpool. i won to chelsea at home 2-1 just and then lost to swansea 2-1 away and west brom 2-1 away. trying both the 4231 and the 451 following the instructions from the original post and also clicking the playmaker to none. Im just leaking too many goals and alot are coming from set pieces and then some are the ME with players playing ridiculous cross field passes in the box when there are 2 attackers pressing hard. All 3 of the formations are competent but i have yet to try the underdog 1 as i dont see liverpool as underdogs. I also lost 2-0 to napoli at home with 4231.

Any ideas?
I'm gonna test the 4-2-3-1 myself with Liverpool today, maybe I can figure out what's wrong. But you do need to try more than 3 games to test a tactic. I usually go at least half a season.

Last edited:
is it bad that i wanna take credit for that change after moaning about a bad 4-2 defeat to west ham!!?? :D hahaha love this tactic

During pre season do i put general training in very high or in average ?
Because for the 1st league match i have never 100% fluid tactic.

sorry bad english...

I just use average mostly. You will probably not get 100% fluid the first season, but very close to 100%. The second season you just choose 6 weeks pre-season, and it will be 100% before league start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back