Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great results with Cambridge United, finished 8th in the League (Prem) and won Europa League! This was using the 4-2-3-1.

Only big problem I've had is the defence, I had the worst defence outside of the bottom 5! So I'm going to try the underdog tactic and see how it goes.

Spent 30m on new players and my minimum ambition is to finish top 6, but I really want to get top 4.

Will let you know how it goes!

I found the both 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 successful for for the first 4 months of the season with Chelsea and Bristol Rovers then both side starting falling apart defensively. Looking at the comments I thinking it was because I was signing new players to come in during the transfer window which must have upset some of the current players.

Sorry man!!!! But its just not working for me!!!!A lot of draws(even when I'm favorite) and when I manage to win, it with a lot of trouble!!! Tested with Arsenal and with Southampton.

View attachment 296938
Working very well for me in this save, and my Liverpool one. Using Opponent Instructions on all attacking players, but that's it. Very good plug and play tactic. The 2-1 (friendly) win vs Benfica is a particularly pleasing result.

Just got into Feb, switching between this tactic and also 4-5-1. View attachment 296939

Lots of home defeats 7-2 to spurs and 4-0 to a unknown outfit :( - On the verge of being sacked

This tactic can't handle top teams I'm afraid. I've lost atleast 8/10 encounters with top teams...

What a nice way to start the season. Lost 3 - 0 to Swansea, Lost the European supercup 3 - 0 to Tottenham and got humiliated by City 5 - 0 (With the underdog tactic) as Arsenal. I hate this game so much

I don't have the time to answer everybody atm, so I will just say this:

If it's not working for you, you have to try and tweak the tactics you are using into fitting your team. I've had immense success with them, but I am also often tweaking them for example to suit new players... Don't expect to download a tactic and automatically win everything :) My tactics are quite default tactics that generally works if you are a decent FM player :)

Last edited:
View attachment 296969I changed from godlike to 4-5-1 after the loss from city!!! I tried the underdog against Barca for the first time(proven to be huge mistake as it wasn't 100% fluid)

I can definitely say, this "godlike version" is the BEST tactic so far!!!

Any of the tactic has a combination of BWM and DLP at CM? I always play with that combination.

Any of the tactic has a combination of BWM and DLP at CM? I always play with that combination.

All my tactics are adjustable to what roles your prefer. Just change the CM's into BWM and DLP :) The 4-5-1 and the 4-2-3-1 both have two or more CM's you can change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back