Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gylfi Sigurdsson is great in the AMC role on this tactic aswell

Using this tactic with Leeds in the Championship. Generally doing ok, although just slipped out of the top 6 after losing 4 of our last 5 games, including a pathetic 4-0 defeat at home to Barnsley who are (..were) sitting rock bottom.

Familiarity is all 100% bar formation, which is taking an age. Just hit Fluid now, so nearly there..

Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that we concede from the first shot almost EVERY GAME. I have no idea what the problem is, but it's insanely infuriating. After that we tend to do ok, although we've fallen apart recently.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have a clue what I can do to prevent this? Starting to take the **** and we're leaking goals like crazy. No matter what I do my players will start the match playing like clueless idiots and ignoring every instruction I've given them, whilst my 'keeper may as well have nipped off for a *** for all the use he is. After a good start, I was hoping we would improve as the tactic got more familiar but instead we've just fallen apart and have now conceded 12 goals in our last four games. Before that we were quite solid and rarely conceded more than one goal - suddenly we're conceding 3-4 goals a game. And yes, match prep. is set to Defensive Positioning (not really helping much whatsoever).

..Anyway, not really moaning at the tactic, I understand I have to tweak it to fit my team (which I am trying but we are just so incredibly inconsistent) and it's not quite 100% yet, I just don't understand why we will concede in the first five minutes every single game. Is there anything I can do whatsoever to prevent this?

Last edited:
Started well, was 2nd in the table at one point.

Suddenly, about 20 games in, it goes to absolute ****. 9 games without a win, three defeats in a row, no goals scored in the last four games. Same tactic, same players, even after a Team Meeting (got them all up to V. Good morale) we lose 0-3 to a mid-table side, at home. Just getting outplayed, even at home to the weakest team in the division. Possession is normally slightly over 50%, way less shots, no CCC's, dire finishing, pathetic defending.

Seems to be a common trend with this tactic among lower level teams.

Basically unless you have top players, this tactic is useless. When things are going well it looks good but the minute the team hits a rot it becomes totally ineffective against everyone, including utterly dire teams in the league. Only really of any use if you're one of the top two or three teams in the division.

Last edited:
It's me again (Langvatn is probably thinking "oh no"). I'm actually here to tell you that the tactic is kinda working for me with Milan. Can play some wonderful football at some moments, but at other times i struggle at teams like Torino, but I will give it a try for a longer period.

EDIT: Just played a game home against Atalanta, 6-30 shots, managed to win by penalty though... are you guys cheating to make this tactic work flawless or what?...

Last edited:
Using this tactic with Leeds in the Championship. Generally doing ok, although just slipped out of the top 6 after losing 4 of our last 5 games, including a pathetic 4-0 defeat at home to Barnsley who are (..were) sitting rock bottom.

Familiarity is all 100% bar formation, which is taking an age. Just hit Fluid now, so nearly there..

Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that we concede from the first shot almost EVERY GAME. I have no idea what the problem is, but it's insanely infuriating. After that we tend to do ok, although we've fallen apart recently.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have a clue what I can do to prevent this? Starting to take the **** and we're leaking goals like crazy. No matter what I do my players will start the match playing like clueless idiots and ignoring every instruction I've given them, whilst my 'keeper may as well have nipped off for a *** for all the use he is. After a good start, I was hoping we would improve as the tactic got more familiar but instead we've just fallen apart and have now conceded 12 goals in our last four games. Before that we were quite solid and rarely conceded more than one goal - suddenly we're conceding 3-4 goals a game. And yes, match prep. is set to Defensive Positioning (not really helping much whatsoever).

..Anyway, not really moaning at the tactic, I understand I have to tweak it to fit my team (which I am trying but we are just so incredibly inconsistent) and it's not quite 100% yet, I just don't understand why we will concede in the first five minutes every single game. Is there anything I can do whatsoever to prevent this?

get your assistant to do OI at the beginning of the game.

Looks pretty good.

Used your 4-2-3-1 tactic (Spin The Wheel) with Tottenham and won the opening game 3:1, Cavani got a brace and we scored an own goal. It was a low league side and we dominated the possession but they managed a fair few shots on target. Most were long rangers but it seemed quite solid, I set out a solid line up for the positions;

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Assou-Ekotto
Demebele - Sandro
Lennon - Dempsey - Bale
Cavani

Tested the Godlike version with PSG (no signings, direct plug in) and it didn't seem to create a whole deal, I put this down to unfamiliarity and not great players for the jobs required. Was wondering if you ever change (tweak) the tactic for your teams or if you win alot using the defaults. Don't want to destroy the tactic by flicking some switches :P

Also...

For everyone having trouble with the tactic, a tactic is only as good as the manager who employs it. Make sure you have the right balance in your squad. For example don't just try to abuse pace, that's not how it works.
I tend to find you should have strong, quite tall CMs who are a at least good defensively (attacking is a plus) their role should be to come back and help cover the defence. The height and strength helps with long balls and goalkicks, in every FM I love having my CM/DM winning headers to set up a counter. The trequarista needs EXCEPTIONAL ability to be most effective, he has to be able to play in every aspect. I chose Dempsey because he may not excel in one area but can do most things well, an all rounder will suit this role much better than someone based on flair and pace with minimal passing/shooting.

Posting here just to say that this tactic is probably the best I tested so far.
With Manchester United won Premier 2 times, UCL one time, FA and Capitol one time each and Fifa World Club one time, all in two years.
That was pretty, pretty good!

get your assistant to do OI at the beginning of the game.
I do.

Having read through the thread, those having success are only those with the better teams. Spurs, Man United, Real Madrid, Newcastle seems to be quite successful. I don't recall one person who's managed to get this to work in the lower leagues.

Might come back to it if in the future if I can get myself up to a higher standard but the lower standard of players seem to struggle horribly about halfway through the season.

Mr Lang I finally got it working with Arsenal. So far 15 games in the season with 2 draws and 1 loss. Ive changed one of the Cms to DLP and other to BWM. I still feel like I need to find a more consistent striker who will be spear heading the attack but Giroud and Podolski have been doing good enough.

To all people who are struggling with Arsenal try my changes and buy a better defensive mid. I personally bought Koke, a 20 year old defensive midfielder and Im converting him to a CM and hes already doing great. Also I recommend getting cover for gibbs, santos is....santos.

I do.

Having read through the thread, those having success are only those with the better teams. Spurs, Man United, Real Madrid, Newcastle seems to be quite successful. I don't recall one person who's managed to get this to work in the lower leagues.

Might come back to it if in the future if I can get myself up to a higher standard but the lower standard of players seem to struggle horribly about halfway through the season.

I do have two other tactics that's better for lesser teams. The 4-2-3-1 needs top players in the most important roles to work.

Used your 4-2-3-1 tactic (Spin The Wheel) with Tottenham and won the opening game 3:1, Cavani got a brace and we scored an own goal. It was a low league side and we dominated the possession but they managed a fair few shots on target. Most were long rangers but it seemed quite solid, I set out a solid line up for the positions;

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Assou-Ekotto
Demebele - Sandro
Lennon - Dempsey - Bale
Cavani

Tested the Godlike version with PSG (no signings, direct plug in) and it didn't seem to create a whole deal, I put this down to unfamiliarity and not great players for the jobs required. Was wondering if you ever change (tweak) the tactic for your teams or if you win alot using the defaults. Don't want to destroy the tactic by flicking some switches :P

You cannot "destroy" the tactic. All roles are changeable without serious negative effects. That's what's nice about using mostly default settings on the players :) So you can change it to suit new players :)

Mr L just finished 1st season with Chelsea, won the championship, knocked out from quarter in ch.league by City, but they were extremely lucky, and knocked out from the cups as I didn't care using the last reserves!!!! the second leg of quarterfinal was away in city's stadium, they had 10 shots I had 31, 6CCC, had 3 shots hit the post in the last 10 minutes!!!!!! Most games were with your first version, which suits perfect to chelsea, signing were Jovetic and Admilson for buckup for Torres, Nem used as winger and Mattheus used as adv.playmaker backup for Mata!!! Overall great season, will post screenshots tonight!!! Now starting 2nd season bought allready Alaba cause A.Cole is leaving, and have 18m euros for a cm instead of Lampard cause he's turning 35, please give me any sugestion!!!

Mr L just finished 1st season with Chelsea, won the championship, knocked out from quarter in ch.league by City, but they were extremely lucky, and knocked out from the cups as I didn't care using the last reserves!!!! the second leg of quarterfinal was away in city's stadium, they had 10 shots I had 31, 6CCC, had 3 shots hit the post in the last 10 minutes!!!!!! Most games were with your first version, which suits perfect to chelsea, signing were Jovetic and Admilson for buckup for Torres, Nem used as winger and Mattheus used as adv.playmaker backup for Mata!!! Overall great season, will post screenshots tonight!!! Now starting 2nd season bought allready Alaba cause A.Cole is leaving, and have 18m euros for a cm instead of Lampard cause he's turning 35, please give me any sugestion!!!

I'm always just buying regens the second year :P But you should buy Hamsik I think :) He has perfect stats for CM

is 18m euros enough for him? for regens, Iknow for Hamsik it's not

No idea really, like I said, I always just buy regens. Just said that Hamsik has nice stats for CM:) Which teams relegated from the EPL? In my game, Newcastle relegated, and I bought Cabaye, Cisse and Tiote. fairly cheap.

Fixed the set pieces in the final version of the 4-2-3-1. Available for download on the front page now.

The 4-2-3-1 version is working wonders for me with Dover Athletic. I helped me with promotion to Blue Square Bet Premier and now I'm scoring lots of goals using the defensive positioning prep you recommended (I haven't put any CM's on defensive duty though).

EDIT: Halfway through the season it now seems that the opposition started to find loopholes in the tactic. Now I'm conceding 2-3 goals every game (which implies that I'm starting to lose a lot).

Last edited:
after last season, when i use all three tactics like combo(4-5-1 most times), and have good results which i post 2 days ago, in new season i decide to play 4-2-3-1 Treq+Complete Forward. sry for my english.

results are rly godlike

View attachment 297583View attachment 297584

my main Treq, i think that like poacher he is better, but Treq also not bad.
View attachment 297585

my main forward, dont decide which role for him is better, complete forward looks not bad.
View attachment 297586

some matches
View attachment 297587View attachment 297588View attachment 297589

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back