Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate

I'm on my first season with Celtic Glasgow. Using at the moment the 4231 spin the wheel.
Is it the right tactic to use with my team or should I use an other?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Everyday you are releasing a new tactic and claiming its the best. Getting pretty tired tbh. It was the same with that guy alaba who got lucky with his first tactic then just started to spam all over the forum with new "best" tactic. Ofc every tactic will work for you since you just buy all +180PA players in the game.

Lol jk, keep up your enthusiasm:)

Ehm, wtf is this? I do my best trying to make tactics for everyone. And no, I test my tactics with three different teams. I am not claiming it's the best. I am just saying it's the best one I made so far. And that is the correct progression don't you think? The tactics getting better as I get more experience? Get your *** out of my thread, and stop making comments only to negate other players in the FM community. I am really doing this FOR the community, not myself. I am online every day, answering EVERY question from viewers, trying to help everyone as good as I can. How the **** do you think I got over 150k views? By being lucky? Or by being positive and helpful?

Last edited:
Hi mate

I'm on my first season with Celtic Glasgow. Using at the moment the 4231 spin the wheel.
Is it the right tactic to use with my team or should I use an other?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

The 4-2-3-1 spin the wheel has been effective for many people. However, you could get into troubles in the Champions League vs stronger teams. Maybe try the newest 4-4-2?

Loving the 442 with Leeds. Couple of questions:

1: What do you do when winning other than change the mentality? Do you have a shut-up-shop tactic, reducing full-back runs etc. I dont want to manually edit when the pressure is on. Or do something else? You cant just leave this attacking tactic running and hope you hold out once ahead can you?
2: If you have a talented AMC would you play them upfront in the poacher spot or in the midfield in this tactic?
3: Do shouts work with this? or avoid them and just hope? I have always created my own tactics and feel a bit powerless to affect things with someone elses for fear of messing with a great working tactic.

Thanks

1: Only change match strategy if needed, however I find this not necessary :) Keep the pressure on I say.
2: Retrain to winger
3: Avoid shouts :)

WINGER

1: Only change match strategy if needed, however I find this not necessary :) Keep the pressure on I say.
2: Retrain to winger
3: Avoid shouts :)

Hi Mr Langvatn do you retrain amc as a winger or wide midfielder?
I want to put muniain in the new position, what do you think?

Muniain is ideal for the role apart from crossing which is 11 , me think thats an important attribute to have.

4-4-2 Strongest Tactic

Hi Mr Langvatn

I am using your new tactic and ive played 4 games using it with Man Utd.
Won all 4 games.
Norwich 0 3 Man Utd League
M Haifa 0 5 Man Utd Champ L
Man Utd 6 1 Man City League
Man Utd 3 1 Zenit Champ L

You keep coming up with these fantastic tactics well done.
They dont always suit my team but i can say one of your tactics always do.
I was using 4-1-1-3-1 before your new tactic and that was great but suddenly after 20 games and start of new
season its gone wrong :(
Never mind ive got your new tactic to play with. :)

I tried the 4-4-2 tactic for 10 games with Chelsea with Mixed results - 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 looses. I bought Cavani and used him as the Target Man - Torres as his poacher. I focused on team cohession until the community shield game against City, where I changed to balanced and defensive positioning. I bought Alex Sandro, Hatem Ben Arfa, Cavani and Fellani, so lack of team cohesion could explain some of it - I also used Terry in the ball playing defender role, which could explain a lot too.

I found that the tactic is quite different compared to my favorite, 4-5-1 revitalized - obviously because it is not the same formation, but I also found that this 4-4-2 tactic doesn't utalize the wingers and the central midfielders as much as the 4-5-1 tactic. I got the sense that you are putting all your eggs in one basket and relying on your two strikers to score all your goals - sure, I got goal from Hazard and a single one from Ben Arfa, but I didn't get the same "swamping" of the opponents area as I am used to when I employ your strategies - this could also be because you are using Full backs rather that wing backs in this strategy.

Based on my 10 games I found that this 4-4-2 tactic is vulnerable to counter attacks - about half of the goals scored against me was due to counter attacks. I saw a few counter attacks after a set piece situation, so it seems to me that you need at least one more person back to defend during attacking set pieces. Another weakness comes from the midfield looses the ball. If the ball was lost, I found that the ball playing defender would try to get the ball back, leaving his line which would then lead to the defence being overrun and a goal scored.

Fixtures:

View attachment 303027

Looses:
View attachment 303014
View attachment 303016

Last edited:
Hi there well think am going to have to agree with the guy that was moaning the new 442 is absolutely rubbish
played 2
won 6 0
won 3 0
bad tactic?
well done for all ur hard work

I tried the 4-4-2 tactic for 10 games with Chelsea with Mixed results - 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 looses. I bought Cavani and used him as the Target Man - Torres as his poacher. I focused on team cohession until the community shield game against City, where I changed to balanced and defensive positioning. I bought Alex Sandro, Hatem Ben Arfa, Cavani and Fellani, so lack of team cohesion could explain some of it - I also used Terry in the ball playing defender role, which could explain a lot too.

I found that the tactic is quite different compared to my favorite, 4-5-1 revitalized - obviously because it is not the same formation, but I also found that this 4-4-2 tactic doesn't utalize the wingers and the central midfielders as much as the 4-5-1 tactic. I got the sense that you are putting all your eggs in one basket and relying on your two strikers to score all your goals - sure, I got goal from Hazard and a single one from Ben Arfa, but I didn't get the same "swamping" of the opponents area as I am used to when I employ your strategies - this could also be because you are using Full backs rather that wing backs in this strategy.

Based on my 10 games I found that this 4-4-2 tactic is vulnerable to counter attacks - about half of the goals scored against me was due to counter attacks. I saw a few counter attacks after a set piece situation, so it seems to me that you need at least one more person back to defend during attacking set pieces. Another weakness comes from the midfield looses the ball. If the ball was lost, I found that the ball playing defender would try to get the ball back, leaving his line which would then lead to the defence being overrun and a goal scored.

Fixtures:

View attachment 303027

Looses:
View attachment 303014
View attachment 303016

You have only played two premier league matches, so I doubt the tactic is 100% fluid in all areas. Besides that, most tactics need at least 10 competitive games to settle in. Anyway, if the 4-5-1 works better with chelsea, you should stick to that :)

Hi Mr Langvatn

I am using your new tactic and ive played 4 games using it with Man Utd.
Won all 4 games.
Norwich 0 3 Man Utd League
M Haifa 0 5 Man Utd Champ L
Man Utd 6 1 Man City League
Man Utd 3 1 Zenit Champ L

You keep coming up with these fantastic tactics well done.
They dont always suit my team but i can say one of your tactics always do.
I was using 4-1-1-3-1 before your new tactic and that was great but suddenly after 20 games and start of new
season its gone wrong :(
Never mind ive got your new tactic to play with. :)

Haha, 6-1 over City, really?

You have only played two premier league matches, so I doubt the tactic is 100% fluid in all areas. Besides that, most tactics need at least 10 competitive games to settle in. Anyway, if the 4-5-1 works better with chelsea, you should stick to that :)

Fair enough - I just wanted to give you some feedback as to what I experienced - I am not saying it is a bad tactic, I just haven't had the same succes with this specific tactic as it seems other people have - I am sure it will get better as the team gels more and we play more games - I love your 4-5-1 - thanks for creating these tactics - I am impressed that you have been able to create so many different tactics and with such great results - keep going :D

Fair enough - I just wanted to give you some feedback as to what I experienced - I am not saying it is a bad tactic, I just haven't had the same succes with this specific tactic as it seems other people have - I am sure it will get better as the team gels more and we play more games - I love your 4-5-1 - thanks for creating these tactics - I am impressed that you have been able to create so many different tactics and with such great results - keep going :D

I just make/improve/change tactics when I get feedback from users, so I know what kind of tactics people want. Then I do my best in order to give them what they want. I am no "tactic master" like Mr Hough, however I have played CM/FM for 20 years and have a good sense of simple tactic creation that works.

about to start a save with southampton now, any cheap players you'd recommend for this formation?

Man Utd 6-1 Man City

Haha, 6-1 over City, really?

I couldnt believe it either...lol

Man Utd Man City
23 7 Shots
15 3 On Target
61 39 Possession

Rooney hatrick .
Neymar 2
And the fantastic Valencia with the other goal.

Very happy.

Everyday you are releasing a new tactic and claiming its the best. Getting pretty tired tbh. It was the same with that guy alaba who got lucky with his first tactic then just started to spam all over the forum with new "best" tactic. Ofc every tactic will work for you since you just buy all +180PA players in the game.

Lol jk, keep up your enthusiasm:)

Nobody is putting a gun to ypur head an forcing u onto this thread, also as u seem to know alot, why dont u post a tactic of your own an see how well it does? im sick an tired of idiots that do jack but are the first to post negative comments, if you have tried the tactic, and have opinions or views to offer fairplay, but coming on and trying to be a comedian aint very funny, ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back