Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are helpful, how?

nothing could help u, u reckon uve tried 7/8 tactics and none of them work, clearly its just u, its not hard, just plug and play. why not watch the game and see whats going wrong and change it to work with your squad.

I didn't find a player, but i have this regen who is absolutely a monster for the TM role. I love the new 4-4-2 tactic just beat Man City 4-1 away with Liverpool :)

your 4-4-2 strongman tactic is really seems like insane with my manu game i've beat chealsea 6-0 at old traffor in second game javier hernandez scored 4 times as a TM !! And i won 6 games no defeat no draw . THANK u so much!

I took Wrexham from blue league. In 3 seasons I moved up to championship league. Which tactic do you think is the most suitable for me? I guess its underdog beast since i'm not a big team. Any recommendations?

Mr Langvatn:

As posted before you might remember im playing your 4-5-1 ultimate with Peterborough, now in January second season and wit signings like Cairney, Bond and Bob Harris im parking the 3rd place, 1 point behind West Brom and 6 behind Blackburn! Going great so far!

Since your 4-4-2 release i was in a mood to try this out. Having searched for a great 4-4-2 the entire FM13 to try out with Burnley team, most because of Cameron Stewart and Charlie Austin :)

So to my question then. In the previously releases you use a standard approach and change to attacking while chasing a goal or two. In this one we start of with the attacking approach right away. Do you recommend, for a Burnley team to switch back to Standard and use attack when necessary?

cheers again <3

Mr Langvatn:

As posted before you might remember im playing your 4-5-1 ultimate with Peterborough, now in January second season and wit signings like Cairney, Bond and Bob Harris im parking the 3rd place, 1 point behind West Brom and 6 behind Blackburn! Going great so far!

Since your 4-4-2 release i was in a mood to try this out. Having searched for a great 4-4-2 the entire FM13 to try out with Burnley team, most because of Cameron Stewart and Charlie Austin :)

So to my question then. In the previously releases you use a standard approach and change to attacking while chasing a goal or two. In this one we start of with the attacking approach right away. Do you recommend, for a Burnley team to switch back to Standard and use attack when necessary?

cheers again <3

I recommend keeping the mentality on attacking. However, I would also try all different mentalities to see what fits the team best. For weaker teams, I would think that standard or counter should work better than attacking. But there is no right or wrong answer to this, you just have to try.

I took Wrexham from blue league. In 3 seasons I moved up to championship league. Which tactic do you think is the most suitable for me? I guess its underdog beast since i'm not a big team. Any recommendations?

It all depends on how strong your team is compared to the rest of the league you are in. The 4-4-2 strongman can also prove to be quite strong for weaker teams if you set back the match strategy a little.

I'm not having a good time with your tactics I'm unfortunately. I've tried all variates and I keep getting thrashed by poor teams, well basically thrashed by every team to be honest. My latest disaster was my England team quoted in beating Ghana by 4-5 goals, in the end I was the one being beaten by 4-5 goals.
Which tactic out of all of them are you using? As none are working for me I'm afraid to say.

I am sorry to hear that. I am using the 4-4-2 strongman myself in all my games now. Best of luck to you with other tactics. Keep in mind that I would never tell anyone to quit playing FM, as I am a big supporter of the game, and you will never be good at it if you quit. There are lots of areas a manager can become better at.

1. Find/make a tactic that suits your team, and in some cases modification is needed to fit. Look at how you concede goals, and try to fix it. Maybe you have the wrong player for that position, or maybe the tactic needs tweaking to fit your player.
2. Praise players when they do good, discipline them if they do bad.
3. Don't use too many new players right away, they all need time to blend in to the squad before performing good.
4. Always try a tactic half a season, as the team needs time to settle with a new tactic.
5. Don't let the assistant manager do your training and match preparation. Be the boss!
6. There are invisible stats in the game, both for teams and for players. Keep in mind that a player can do both better and worse in relation to your predictions.
7. Don't ever play with tired players (under 92% condition) and don't use players that aren't match fit. Match them up in your reserves team.

These are just some areas. I could make a list that would cover several pages, but this is a good start.

Last edited:
Hello, can u help me to choose tactic ^^ for my Inter Milan, without Sneijder and with 12m to "go crazy".
Thx.

thx i'll try it, and can u explain me the difference between tactics (formation and rev\ult) in a few words ^^

thx i'll try it, and can u explain me the difference between tactics (formation and rev\ult) in a few words ^^

That's a long time ago, don't remember much other than that the rev's are more attacking. I'm only using the 4-4-2 now.

ok and what do u think about my wing players like Coutinho and Alvarez? will they succeed at ML and MR ?

Last edited:
ok! I`ll post my results later, hope my team will succeed in 12\13.
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back