Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're a very bad manager...
You are tiring to want to win all your matches without a minimum of tactical approach

It is not possible to expect to win every game if you do not have a little common sense. There is no tactical miracle ....

My tactics are no tactical miracles, correct :) They are just basic and good tactics that generally works if you are a good manager. Don't expect something like Mr Hough FM11 tactic ever again :) The new match engine is so different and unstable that even Mr Hough stopped playing FM.

Last edited:
Defensive Positioning MP has been crucial to me.

I am using the Underdog tactic as basic and in one of my saves in the second year i forgot to set it until end of November (left it Teamwork from Preseason). I struggled a lot, getting some results with overloading, and it was obvious that my team wasnt cohesive either in attack or defence. They were defending and attacking like chickens. After i ve changed it back to Defensive Positioning i am unbeaten (very common with this tactic in all my saves) for 20+ matches and i can see my players beeing more determined again in what they do on the pitch.

It may sounds crazy but its true.

Defensive Positioning MP has been crucial to me.

I am using the Underdog tactic as basic and in one of my saves in the second year i forgot to set it until end of November (left it Teamwork from Preseason). I struggled a lot, getting some results with overloading, and it was obvious that my team wasnt cohesive either in attack or defence. They were defending and attacking like chickens. After i ve changed it back to Defensive Positioning i am unbeaten (very common with this tactic in all my saves) for 20+ matches and i can see my players beeing more determined again in what they do on the pitch.

It may sounds crazy but its true.

It actually sounds about right. Def pos makes the team more aggressive when it comes to winning back the ball.

Target man

Im playing as Man Utd and im looking to buy a Target man for the 4-4-2 stongman tactic.
I have agreed to buy llorente who is 30 years old and Giroud who is 29 years old and ive delayed both transfer for a week while i decide but im not sure so thats why im asking other managers.
I have neymar and rooney but both are dwarfs and not good target men.
Help please.

playing with liverpool myself using the 442 strongman, do you change the striker on the left to target man? and also would switching the wingers to attacking wingers be ok?

ı play 4-4-2 strongman and its good tactic. I won matches generally but I concede a lot of goas. for example ı won 4-3, 5-3, 3-2 etc.

what ı do this problem ?

sorry my bad english

ı play 4-4-2 strongman and its good tactic. I won matches generally but I concede a lot of goas. for example ı won 4-3, 5-3, 3-2 etc.

what ı do this problem ?

sorry my bad english

It's an attacking tactic, expect to score a lot and concede from counter attacks :)

Im playing as Man Utd and im looking to buy a Target man for the 4-4-2 stongman tactic.
I have agreed to buy llorente who is 30 years old and Giroud who is 29 years old and ive delayed both transfer for a week while i decide but im not sure so thats why im asking other managers.
I have neymar and rooney but both are dwarfs and not good target men.
Help please.

Neymar is a beast poacher, play him left striker and llorente or rooney right striker :)

Got to say the 4-4-2 strongman works perfect with Man Utd when you use make a training schedule and have the right players in right positions.

Would the 4-4-2 work with weaker teams? I.e Villa with Benteke and Bent?

Mr Langvatn I want to start a new save with Dortmund so I'm looking to use a 4-2-3-1 formation, having read through several pages on this post it looks very successful.

I know what to do in terms of set long shots to rarely on AMC & FC, dont touch playmaker stuff and I know all about match prep etc, actually switched myself on another save to def pos and it really does make a difference.

Anyway my question is which is the latest and best 4-2-3-1 version to use? The final version or revitalized version?

Thanks in advance

Finished 4th in the Bundesliga using mainly the new 4-4-2, so worse than the first season, but I had really A LOT of injuries and unlucky games (I think I've got the record of crossbars hit in the league).

Now I've improved the team (Andreas Cornelius will be Klose's heir as target man, quite a challenge) and gonna start the third season now; I'm planning to use both the 4-4-2 Strongest and 4-5-1 Ultimate.

Last edited:
hey buddy, the 4-4-2 is running offside trap while set to attacking, im southampton so im mainly going to play on counter/standard, when i do this tho, the offside isnt on, should i tick it to on so its always on?

hey buddy, the 4-4-2 is running offside trap while set to attacking, im southampton so im mainly going to play on counter/standard, when i do this tho, the offside isnt on, should i tick it to on so its always on?

Nope, that's why I didn't tick it myself :P

Mr Langvatn I want to start a new save with Dortmund so I'm looking to use a 4-2-3-1 formation, having read through several pages on this post it looks very successful.

I know what to do in terms of set long shots to rarely on AMC & FC, dont touch playmaker stuff and I know all about match prep etc, actually switched myself on another save to def pos and it really does make a difference.

Anyway my question is which is the latest and best 4-2-3-1 version to use? The final version or revitalized version?

Thanks in advance

Dunno which of them fits your team best, you are just gonna have to try :) Throw in the 4-4-2 as well, that is my latest one :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back