Spurs vs Arsenal (League Cup) [Tuesday 21st]

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 15K
he only played two games for the under 21's. not sure why he changed though, considering their centrebacks he'd be good enough to push for a place

Can only think that both his parents were from Cameroon and that nation made their interest known first? He is calss when on form (early part of last season), but I think he's suffering from lack of confidence as he was always the one who got dropped when King or Woodgate were fit - regardless of his form in previous matches. I think anyone would question their themselves under those circumstances.

he only played two games for the under 21's. not sure why he changed though, considering their centrebacks he'd be good enough to push for a place

Who would want to play for a country that bans all of it's best players for sticking up for each other in an arguement with the coach? I believe that is called being ****'s.

Who would want to play for a country that bans all of it's best players for sticking up for each other in an arguement with the coach? I believe that is called being ****'s.

Well he turned to Cameroon Before then i think. So He just couldnt get in the team.

Well he turned to Cameroon Before then i think. So He just couldnt get in the team.

He went to Cameroon as he wanted to play in the World Cup. Given time and more experienced im sure he would have gone on to be a starter for France seeing there ageing team.

He went to Cameroon as he wanted to play in the World Cup. Given time and more experienced im sure he would have gone on to be a starter for France seeing there ageing team.

So he was In patient? Kinda Short sighted, i rather play for france( Even with the current problems) Then Cameroon.

So he was In patient? Kinda Short sighted, i rather play for france( Even with the current problems) Then Cameroon.

Fortunately I dont think that is a problem you will ever have.

I would imagine that he had a better response from the Cameroon FA than the french who I'm guessing just told him to wait when he wanted to have as long an international career as possible.

Fortunately I dont think that is a problem you will ever have.

I would imagine that he had a better response from the Cameroon FA than the french who I'm guessing just told him to wait when he wanted to have as long an international career as possible.

Welll now he is going to celebrate qualify whilst with france he was targetting Semi Final stage most games, and they have a good squad, Coming up.

Welll now he is going to celebrate qualify whilst with france he was targetting Semi Final stage most games, and they have a good squad, Coming up.

Yea, celebrate qualifying in a team he's playing in, not hoping to get to the semi-finals on the bench. Maybe he actually wants to play football? Cant say I blame him.

I think Eboue is better than Hutton tbh -- Hutton can be pretty gash at times and even at the weekend his passing was pretty poor. Pav is more of threat than Vela atm, but the Mexican's potential is far greater than our man's (and I'm a massive Pav fan so it's hard to say that.) Bassong (on form) is better than the Swiss guy and, have to agree, Rosicky is better than both mentioned against him. Wilshire is the most dangerous for me -- I'd much prefer if he weren't playing. We've got more experience (if that is our starting line-up) so hopefully that'll win out. Should be a good game.
you thiink harry will go 4-5-1? not sure why, but spurs just dont convince me when they play that way

He's got the African Nations too, which Cameroon are often amongst the favourites to win. As both his parents are from Cameroon he probably had a lot of African influence in his upbringing and the African Nations is a huge competition to compete in and win. Don't think his decision would have been that difficult tbh.

you thiink harry will go 4-5-1? not sure why, but spurs just dont convince me when they play that way

Were just lacking a Striker that can play the lone role up front effectively really, we've looked better this season 4-5-1 then we have 4-4-2 tbh.

No m8 -- I think we'll play 4-4-2. Probably Pav and one from Dos Santos or Keane. I'm hoping Harry Kane might get a few minutes too. Personally, I think Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond had a word in his ear before the Euro game regarding the formation.

Were just lacking a Striker that can play the lone role up front effectively really, we've looked better this season 4-5-1 then we have 4-4-2 tbh.
i think you have certainly the midfield for it easily, i think its the fact that when it gets up top it gets sloppy.

suprised van der vaart may not play, i'd get him playing as much as possible as a new signing

Yea, celebrate qualifying in a team he's playing in, not hoping to get to the semi-finals on the bench. Maybe he actually wants to play football? Cant say I blame him.

As it has already been stated by a number of people i expected it be to clear that he was grow into a player worthy of a starting place, it was pointless repeating it. Clearly not. He would of probaly been playing n 2012/14 tournaments as a starter, one world cup on the bench, then become a starter. Not Difficult.

He's got the African Nations too, which Cameroon are often amongst the favourites to win. As both his parents are from Cameroon he probably had a lot of African influence in his upbringing and the African Nations is a huge competition to compete in and win. Don't think his decision would have been that difficult tbh.

He also has the European Championships with France.

suprised van der vaart may not play, i'd get him playing as much as possible as a new signing

Think they're worried about his slight calf strain flaring up.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

He also has the European Championships with France.

I know, but you made it sound as if Cameroon were complete gash and didn't stand a chance of winning anything when they do.

i think you have certainly the midfield for it easily, i think its the fact that when it gets up top it gets sloppy.

Thats whats pushed Redknapp to play the 4-5-1 I think, the midfield as before we signed VDV we were playing 4-4-2. With the Midfield we have it would be crazy not to play 5 in the middle. I was praying that we would sign a big name striker in the window but it wasn't to be :S

I highly doubt VDV will play btw as hes nursing a calf or groin strain, and I doubt he'll want to risk him.

Think they're worried about his slight calf strain flaring up.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I know, but you made it sound as if Cameroon were complete gash and didn't stand a chance of winning anything when they do.

I was more talking about the World Cup, Which tbh they dont have a hope in ****, while france do, even in there current state.

This thread is chock-full of morons.

I would line-up as following:

Pletikosa
Hutton Gallas Bassong Benoit
Bentley Jenas Sandro Kranjcar
Giovani
Keane​

Don't really see us progressing, don't usually aim to get far in the Carling Cup.

Back